• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

Hmmmm, sounds intriguing. I think all of the lighter Star Destroyers are Champystar aren't they? I know the 8 I have are all super grippy and Champystar like. Let us know how you like it, do you have any idea where it was purchased?

The other two light star destroyers I had felt just like normal gummy star. This one is nice and feels like the red S PD I have. I am going to throw it today and see what's what.

Champystar awesomeness.

2ngemqh.jpg

I snagged a couple of the clear TLs. They're really nice. They're not quite as flippy as other TLs I've thrown, but power down better than champ teebirds. They're currently acting as backups for a beat 11x. They fly and feel very similarly.

Ultralight champ destroyer = bomber

really wish it wasn't LE b/c I would love to be able to get these without paying a ton.

Frank Delicious said:

really wish it wasn't LE b/c I would love to be able to get these without paying a ton.

Please, go on.....

Are you referring to the champ AO Destroyers or the Champy-star Destroyers? I bought an AO 159 dark merlot champ Destroyer and found for long distance I had to launch it on a very sharp and high hyzerline....So, it wasn't what I was looking for. My star Japan Open Destroyers, however, are very stable and once beat in they are straight and long.

When you ordered the champy star from Mark @ DGV did you request "champ/star" or red?

Joz said:
Frank Delicious said:

Please, go on.....

Are you referring to the champ AO Destroyers or the Champy-star Destroyers? I bought an AO 159 dark merlot champ Destroyer and found for long distance I had to launch it on a very sharp and high hyzerline....So, it wasn't what I was looking for. My star Japan Open Destroyers, however, are very stable and once beat in they are straight and long.

When you ordered the champy star from Mark @ DGV did you request "champ/star" or red?

I am talking about the champ one which is also dark merlot. I didn't have to put mine on more than a moderate hyzer line to get it to go far. I think the thing is the champ ones don't respond well to hard throws. They like a nice smooth release which is how I throw for distance, I don't throw nearly as hard as a lot of people I know.

The champy-star one I got I traded for locally.

so you like the Champ one then Frankie?

it's a different beast from the Star version though don't you think?

fun times at the monthly this week with the pros when I threw the 159 star destroyer on a big hyzer hole into a headwind. They were all confused as hell.

Frank Delicious said:
fun times at the monthly this week with the pros when I threw the 159 star destroyer on a big hyzer hole into a headwind. They were all confused as hell.
LOL. Did you reveal your secret or are you keeping the ace up your sleeve? :p

I never really had a chance to throw that ultralight Champ DS much, but when I get a good rip I tend to throw like you do Frank so maybe I will like them. Problem is that's a real crappy color to throw, they're sooooo dark.

No they knew what it was, I was passing them around before the round to let the pros feel them up. That is what confused them the most.

I do agree about the color.

They say "San Marino Configuration" - whatever that means.

They look pretty flat

well yea,because the view is from the top lol. San marino config is probably just referencing the sanny mold. Which I'm hoping it's the sb not the beadless. O well. I got some!

booter said:
well yea,because the view is from the top lol. San marino config is probably just referencing the sanny mold. Which I'm hoping it's the sb not the beadless. O well. I got some!

Aware of camera angle

They still look pretty flat

R-Pro Tank and PD2 are out:
https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=515
https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=513

Latest posts