• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

well this is why i feel i should start throwing discraft like teerexs, rocs, teebirds, starfires, eagles, and aviars.....rolleyes...if you don't have the disc in your hand u can't tell what disc it was.

i think it must have been a tb plus but it def felt like a teebird in glow champ plastic. i never threw a teebird plus so i don't know what they fly like....other than more stable. anyhow felt awful close to a 11x teebird in hand and in flight.

any links to teebird plus on innova's site?

ManU said:
Mr. Plow said:
Thanks for the reply, ManU. I do have some of those "Super Stable" *DS from HeroDisc but haven't thrown them yet.They have the same marking as yours, so they must be from the same run. Are yours super flat? It could be the stamp flattening them, but I am guessing the flatness has to do with the extra stability. I have been wanting to consistently be able to break 400' with a Wraith/PD before I started throwing Destroyers again and I'm not quite there yet. I was hoping they were pretty stable though, because I wanted something light that would beat into a nice, fast tailwind disc.
they are wicked flat
and wicked fast
surprisingly easy to throw
Finally got out into a field to throw one of the "Super Stable" Star Destroyers from Hero, and you're right. Way fast. I test threw it against some fresh Pro Destroyers for comparison and it was considerably more stable, though still as long. It did seem to be way faster than a normal DS though, which I think is the reason I got nearly the same distance out of it, even though it was starting to hyzer pretty early in it's flight. I think I'm going to abuse it a little bit and get rid of some stability, it has the potential to be my longest disc once it straightens out some.

Mr. P
I've been getting some decent throws with my white one
I too need to beat it in a little
when I hit it right it is probably getting me an extra 50 to 75 feet...I was, at best, 330 with my OLFs...now maybe my form is getting better but is sure looks like I am getting these destroyers out way further
I am getting into honest birdie range now for holes where previously I only had a chance for par

one of the people I play with wants to buy one of them off me (which is fine as I have 2 more star and 2 champ coming)
I'd actually be interested to see what the none stabilized Japan Open ones would be like

having these in my bag might end up kicking the OLFs out of my bag (replaced by Eagles)

I just saw the glow champ TLs. What are people's thoughts on them in general? I've only been throwing a TL for a month or two and I've never heard anything about champs on here before.

EDIT: Shit...realized they weren't glows...I got too excited when I saw them listed next to the other glows.

Unity said:
I just saw the glow champ TLs. What are people's thoughts on them in general? I've only been throwing a TL for a month or two and I've never heard anything about champs on here before.

EDIT: Shit...realized they weren't glows...I got too excited when I saw them listed next to the other glows.

snag some. they are still great TLs regardless of the glow factor. Glow Champ TLs in general are great though

Leopard said:
us: you sure you know wtf tb ur talkin about??

guy with "Teebird" as favorite disc: wtf tb?

us: tb .. tl .. t+

solution: buddy needs to be on DGR .. clearly has good taste in plastic

yeah might be a teebird plus but i don't see them listed on DGV but i guess they will just make more and perphaps they just molded up like 11x teebirds(shocker cuz they are CAL teebirds) i wonder what are the teebirds pluses(11x's). i think in glow the slanted rim might be less than normal for pluses.

elnino said:
yeah might be a teebird plus but i don't see them listed on DGV but i guess they will just make more and perphaps they just molded up like 11x teebirds(shocker cuz they are CAL teebirds) i wonder what are the teebirds pluses(11x's). i think in glow the slanted rim might be less than normal for pluses.
DGV had glow TB+ at one point, maybe they're gone now. You may be right about the glow plastic molding up different, when Innova changes the plastic they use it definitely affects the consistency of their runs.

ChaseTheAce said:
anyone get those XG Rhynos yet?

I picked up two, and they're awesome! All of the following is in relation to the current regular production run of glass-clear gummy rhynos.

They are gummier & more flexible, but not even close to the point of being floppy and provide much more grip, especially when damp/wet and in cooler temps (mid 40s) and I'd expect them to provide even more grip than the current runs when the temps get even colder. They are a bit more stable, but not too much. They're pretty much exactly what I was looking for in gummy champ rhynos and are great putters (kicked out my putting rhyno from the bag for one of the AO xgs). I still prefer the current regular run of rhynos for driving being a tad bit stiffer.

pd

Ultra Light Champ Destroyers arrived
will report back on flight after the weekend

not sure if it is intentional in order to keep the weight down but hella millions of mini bubbles in the wing

had a weird affect on the wing too...think anti-Groove...convex

really curious if these will be super duper stable

Frank Delicious said:
mine is super duper stable

your ultra light champ destroyer???

did you get a star as well and if so is that super duper stable in comparison to the star?

ManU said:
Ultra Light Champ Destroyers arrived

not sure if it is intentional in order to keep the weight down but hella millions of mini bubbles in the wing

really curious if these will be super duper stable
Me want Lightweight Champ Destroyer. Where did you get them?

Sounds like a Bubble Boss with the bubbles in the wing, and those were way stable compared to a regular Boss.

You have to ask at DGV very nicely :)

edit: I forget if there were many colour choices but mine are a very nice merlot colour (nice for me...can't be lost in winter) with Leopards double dragon stamp in gold