• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

lol @ mark.

so I took out a glow fb today and damn I love these things.durable and beefy. I threw one off the tee and smacked a tree 30 in front and it barely scuffed it up. Then I took it to the field to just throw it and these things are pure beef. Almost like the xxx. It flew flat for a lil bit then took off left (rhbh). Time to stock up on moar!!!

damn
makes me want one or two or...

but no, no, no
the 11x work just fine for me

anyway a little birdie told me that in addition to ultra light star destroyers there is also some Champ ones
bang goes some more $$$

The glow FBs are superb. I ordered two and they are super flat, super firm, and SUPER overstable. I would say they are more stable than the 11x currently in my bag. I will definitely be ordering more of these.

oh glow fbs are already more overstable than 11x's. Part of the reason I lpve em. Thise are on xxx level of beef. Quite possibly morew . Anywho. Very nice. I have more comin my way

Leopard said:
i saw C-PDs up there today
as well as Star Whippets
glow Ch. EX too

hadn't noticed those before, but the CPD being first in the lineup, i imagine it's a brand new offering.

so now all you guys who put your voodoo shit on me for having a 1-of-1 Dragon Chaser C-PD can buy some of your own

(you won't get my other one-offs!!)
Are you talking about the stamp you designed with the 2 Dragons made of chains? I've had 4 of 'em for a week or 2 now, when the one they had on Ebay didn't sell I messaged Mark Molnar and they sold me some before they were even on DGV 8)

Now I have too damn many CPDs though, 10 new + 3 in a rotation + 2 DGR ones I just ordered. 15 ought to have me set for life, as I only throw them tommy and on really windy days :lol:

ManU, have you thrown the lightweight Super Stable Star Destroyers (http://www.herodiscusa.com/japan-open-super-stable-star-destroyer-double-2-color-dragon.html) from Hero Disc? I was wondering how the one you just got would compare to those. Is the plastic really gummy and glossy, almost like the Champ/Star hybrid discs people go nuts over?

Mr. Plow said:
Are you talking about the stamp you designed with the 2 Dragons made of chains? I've had 4 of 'em for a week or 2 now, when the one they had on Ebay didn't sell I messaged Mark Molnar and they sold me some before they were even on DGV 8)
yeah, that one. i put in special requests before any were stamped, and i didn't know what the CFRs would be. i don't know if C-PD came up in the second batch or what. but at first, i didn't see any listed. anyway, i had the only one for at least a week! hahaha!!! :cry:
i got star leopards (for mah bag) and some CE Rhynos (to torture das boot) and a gang of black DX Rocs. that's the special side of my haul.

@ Mr. Plow
I have not thrown those ones
I notice from the link that there were 2 kinds for the Japan Open...Super Stable and "Regular"
the description from DGV for the Asia Open ones is "These light weight Star material Destroyers were run for the 2010 Japan Open"

they are glossy...on the front, quite matte on the back
not sure if I would call them gummy, they are not slick but do have good grip
the marking on the back is *DS rather than *SDS

have you got one of the super stable?
if so what is the marking?

given that I can throw these relatively well (granted they are lighter weight) and their description on DGV I would lean to them not being being the Super Stable

I'm waiting for a reply from Mark so I guess I can ask him that question and find out
as it stands I am likely to order some more from him tomorrow
I just need to decide whether to get 2 more star, 2 champ, or some combination
I will probably get at least 1 champ given that they aren't even listed on the site

uh, while I was writing this I did some more searching on the link you gave
if this is anything to go by, the colours available for the Asia Open Ultra Lights match those available for the Japan Open Super Stables
and given that the Asia Open Ultra Lights are some of the left overs from the Japan Open I'm going to have to recant what I wrote earlier and say that these are the same disc

I don't have a massive arm but I can still get on these pretty good and I can get some long throws out of them

hope that helps

Edit: I got 1 maroon and 1 white, they have white, orange and "pinkish" left
I will get at least 1 pink

Thanks for the reply, ManU. I do have some of those "Super Stable" *DS from HeroDisc but haven't thrown them yet.They have the same marking as yours, so they must be from the same run. Are yours super flat? It could be the stamp flattening them, but I am guessing the flatness has to do with the extra stability. I have been wanting to consistently be able to break 400' with a Wraith/PD before I started throwing Destroyers again and I'm not quite there yet. I was hoping they were pretty stable though, because I wanted something light that would beat into a nice, fast tailwind disc.

Leopard said:
Mr. Plow said:
yeah, that one. i put in special requests before any were stamped, and i didn't know what the CFRs would be. i don't know if C-PD came up in the second batch or what. but at first, i didn't see any listed. anyway, i had the only one for at least a week! hahaha!!! :cry:
i got star leopards (for mah bag) and some CE Rhynos (to torture das boot) and a gang of black DX Rocs. that's the special side of my haul.

I'm still hating you for havng those rjynos :( however I'm still praising you for doing the stamp. Sick shit. Ur fb is on it's way to ya.

Mr. Plow said:
Thanks for the reply, ManU. I do have some of those "Super Stable" *DS from HeroDisc but haven't thrown them yet.They have the same marking as yours, so they must be from the same run. Are yours super flat? It could be the stamp flattening them, but I am guessing the flatness has to do with the extra stability. I have been wanting to consistently be able to break 400' with a Wraith/PD before I started throwing Destroyers again and I'm not quite there yet. I was hoping they were pretty stable though, because I wanted something light that would beat into a nice, fast tailwind disc.

they are wicked flat
and wicked fast
surprisingly easy to throw

anybody get the teebirds with the solid black stamps dragon chains...my friend got two of them and said they are now out of stock...but i think he ordered glow champ teebirds pluses and i don't see them with the dragon stamps on the website...anybody see a link for them?

well i think they were special runs or something cuz they are really nice teebirds.

colombo117 said:
How are the Champ PD's? I have two coming in, (missed out on the DGR PD's, again).
They're pretty much the same as the Big D ones. Flat and overstable.

elnino said:
anybody get the teebirds with the solid black stamps dragon chains...my friend got two of them and said they are now out of stock...but i think he ordered glow champ teebirds pluses and i don't see them with the dragon stamps on the website...anybody see a link for them?

well i think they were special runs or something cuz they are really nice teebirds.
I think you're right in that they are TB+ and not regular TB. I watch DGV like a hawk and I didn't see any regular run TB, only the stupid TB+. Booooooooooo

well i threw the thing and it was an 11x teebird with the two black dragons...CAL and all. it flew amazing but i gave up the 11x teebird cuz you couldn't get them anymore now i think they might still have them in glow champ!!! but i don't know how to order them...i'm going to call my friend and ask what part number was on his packing slip.

are teebird pluses the CAL mold on the bottom??

sure it wasn't the TL they have listed? it'd be odd if there were TB and TL "just recently found and stamped". i never saw a CAL TB listed.

Champ TL, CAL engraving:
https://www.discgolfvalues.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=449

us: you sure you know wtf tb ur talkin about??

guy with "Teebird" as favorite disc: wtf tb?

us: tb .. tl .. t+

solution: buddy needs to be on DGR .. clearly has good taste in plastic