• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The DGV thread (formerly the Asia Open disc thread)

I have 6 comin. In but have yet to receive them. From what the description says,theyre compared to 11x's. Which I hope is somewhat true becsuse the glows I have are beefier than 11'xs already.

Frank Delicious said:
mmmm just got 3 of the R-pro XDs in and they are nice. Little bit stiffer than the first run I have and a bit domey.

stiff... thank gawd. i was hearing that these were wet pancakes. pretty stoked to get mine in.

Aubin said:
Frank Delicious said:
mmmm just got 3 of the R-pro XDs in and they are nice. Little bit stiffer than the first run I have and a bit domey.

stiff... thank gawd. i was hearing that these were wet pancakes. pretty stoked to get mine in.

If you are not a fan, let me know and I will trade/buy them off you.

Ode said:
anyone get any of those champ glow firebirds yet? how do they look/throw?

Checked mine out over lunch. They're 11x flat, quite grippy, and a bit firmer than the 11x FBs I have. Overall opinion = $$$$$$$$$$$$. I haven't thrown them yet but I'd expect them to be at least 11x stable, maybe a bit more so.

pd

Frank Delicious said:
Aubin said:
Frank Delicious said:

If you are not a fan, let me know and I will trade/buy them off you.

hmm... just got em, very rubbery and flexy... not vibram burrito but maybe soft JK... the flight plate bends and twists with just a standard fan grip. i'll let ya know.

my light star destroyers arrived
one white one plum coloured
they look and feel good, super flat
haven't thrown them yet though
hopefully tomorrow or Sunday

The glow firebirds are Beefy....i throw XXX and firebirds! i threw the new glow a few times today and it was beefy as an XXX might even be more stable. they are super hard and will last forever. i handed them around for a few pros just to look at and all they said was wow these are super stable....i really think the plastic will hold up since it is so stiff you get huge skips too. an amazing utility, thumber, roller, whatever these are the real deal. did i mention they are stable! i'll give it to some big arms too and see what the 500 to 600ft crowd thinks of the flight.

I got my fbs in today and damn. These are flat,stiff as hell and very nice. I did notice,when comparing to my other glows,that the tooling in these asia open fbs is different. It has the www in the tooling now. Not sure if 12x's are like that now since I don't throw those anyway. Anywho. Very tasty

I gave my ultra light Star Destroyers a throw
for a wide rimmed disc I was actually able to get some decent throws with these...better than any previous attempts with a Nuke or Katana (granted the Destroyer rim is slightly narrower)
I got 2 of my best/longest throws on my local course using these discs on Sunday
I will put that down to a function of the lighter weight allowing me to get some better rip on the disc
they will be of limited use...i.e. wide, open, and long holes or flex shot type of holes

for flat straight shots I can still do much better with my OLFs and X Crushes

but I was quite impressed

anyway, if you bought an ultra light SD and don't like it let me know

ok so its apparent now that the new glow fbs have a new core. it has www tooling . im hoping this is the reason these bad boys came out flat. and if they do production fbs like this with the new tooling and they stay beefy as fuck. i will no longer need to hunt 11x's down.

i saw C-PDs up there today
as well as Star Whippets
glow Ch. EX too

hadn't noticed those before, but the CPD being first in the lineup, i imagine it's a brand new offering.

so now all you guys who put your voodoo shit on me for having a 1-of-1 Dragon Chaser C-PD can buy some of your own

(you won't get my other one-offs!!)

the black whippets look sick with the new gold stamp....just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice...but i can't buy a whippet to hang on the wall. i wish they had the silver pro firebirds with rainbow stamps...can you get some of those leopard...the black/silver background really make the stamp just roc....or dye them like....super secret project activated!!!

haha no i just got a few special requests with my payment/haul. i'm with the rest of y'all for the time being... no more special stuff for me

i ordered lots of black tho 8)
i got 5 DX Aviars and 5 DX Rocs, all black w/gold stamp
champ mako, same.. black plastic, gold stamp
they look cleeeaaaann
i should work for asian restaurants

booter said:
ok so its apparent now that the new glow fbs have a new core. it has www tooling . im hoping this is the reason these bad boys came out flat. and if they do production fbs like this with the new tooling and they stay beefy as fuck. i will no longer need to hunt 11x's down.

cool
the value of 11x just went down
I'll give you $5, $5, $5

Champ glow eagle-xs (finally!) AND xtra-gummy champ Rhynos?

Heads to DGV and buys more Asia Open Discs