• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dustee you really have a feel for the shaving cream. Those are the best shaving cream dyes I've seen since the master Dan Howard was regularly roaming these halls.

Agreed, like your style Dustee. I check in occasionally and always enjoy the fine display of talent!

Still dyeing occasionally as well, here's a recent one for a bud who wanted a wall hanger, something with the ocean.
greatwavesDSC_6509_zpsbc85b0f3.jpg

And an Ice Bowl BuzzTron data disc for my bag.
icebowlbuzzdatadiscsDSC_6515_zpsa953ce7a.jpg

Wow!!! Amazing work Dan! my brain wonders how? :confused: and once again, awesome shaving cream dyes Dustee!

Agreed, like your style Dustee. I check in occasionally and always enjoy the fine display of talent!

Still dyeing occasionally as well, here's a recent one for a bud who wanted a wall hanger, something with the ocean.
greatwavesDSC_6509_zpsbc85b0f3.jpg

Holy hell Dan.... that ocean scene is beautiful!

Dan Howard.....oh how we've missed ye.....

That is one of the best recreations of one of my favorite Asian paintings I've ever seen. The colors, the transitions, and as always your signature touch of blending techniques.

High-Five-GIF-2.gif

nice to see the king of Barbasol back! Dan, the light blue you put in the waves is what gets me. And then the Orange, no one pulls of the shaving cream quite as well as you.

Here are a couple I did this weekend, certainly not as elegant as a lot of the recent stuff, but I like the Rhyno.
photo+(16).JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

in the process of doing a simple Aphex Twin dye on a neutron Switch, I hope it turns out good (first real dye job, thats not just spattering colors and then spinning)

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 64
  • image-4.jpg
    image-4.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 65
Holy Crap that came out sweeeeet!!!!! When the wife gets home, I'm going to show this to her and she's going to want one (and she doesn't even play DG) so be prepared for a PM with a request... :thmbup:

Standing by! :D

in the process of doing a simple Aphex Twin dye on a neutron Switch, I hope it turns out good (first real dye job, thats not just spattering colors and then spinning)

So, heres the final Aphex Switch. I got a little bleeding where the stamp was, oh well. For a first go with a stencil (and contact paper not vinyl) it turned out pretty good. It was done with iDye Poly black. I mixed the powder with clear laundry detergent and put it on cold then placed the disc in the oven at about 120 degrees for about 10 mins, took it out and BAM thick dark solid black and no disc warp!

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.