• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bennett and Stonewall, I'll be sure to do that. Think I got one of my Octhrowberfest entries worked out. Too bad you can't see it for a few months! ;)

I'm lovin' that SYF, Eky
Bennett- thanks for the kind words. Haven't done much dyeing lately, but am looking forward to playing more with the painting techniques.

Tonight's project....... my wife's eyeball on a star roadrunner..... so she can 'keep an eye on me' while I'm on the course:D
Eyeball.jpg

Tonight's project....... my wife's eyeball on a star roadrunner..... so she can 'keep an eye on me' while I'm on the course:D
Eyeball.jpg

I'm looking for a praise smiley but I cant find one. Awesome stuff!

Her eyes are almost as bloodshot as mine.(In need of a winking smiley)

Excellent work Dyeing, are you using any thickeners in your paint or is that just Rit powder in acetone?

^
The eye and that...thing are excellent work.

Holy crap! I have a thread proposal: "Disturbing Dyes".

What do you think?

Hey Dyeing...what ratio acetone to rit do you use? I may have to try painting some discs now. ;)

The ratio is not an exact science and no matter what the acetone evaporates very quickly. What I generally do is put about 1/8 to1/4 tsp. of rit in a shot glass or similar small non porous vessel. Top off with about a 'capfull' of acetone and mix well. It is very similar to watercolor painting.

The ratio is not an exact science and no matter what the acetone evaporates very quickly. What I generally do is put about 1/8 to1/4 tsp. of rit in a shot glass or similar small non porous vessel. Top off with about a 'capfull' of acetone and mix well. It is very similar to watercolor painting.

Ah ok. Great...thank you very much :)

Dyeing - words can't express how awesome those discs are - well, maybe "HOLY F*%k! THOSE ARE AWESOME!" comes close, but still not sure if they cover it...

Are you dipping an outline, then painting in the shading, or is the whole process painted?

Just amazing.

Last dye I do w/the 3M vinyl I got. Just can't keep the bleeds from happening from the lines in the glue they use...

BuzzzDye.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.