• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Elite 1000 CLub

Thommie

Par Member
there are very very few of us in the Elite club...Oh you thought i meant pdga rating? not a chance.. this is question to find out who among us has spend $1000 this past year on disc golf, and or disc golf 'stuff'. i know i cannot be the only one.

Update the list:
1) Thommie
2) <insert name>

i dont count, so i have no clue. thats probably not good if i just ignore my problems huh...

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo

I refuse to give an actual total of what I spent.

Between my wife and I, I'm positive that we have spent $1000 on DG equipment in the last year.

I don't have an exact count, and don't care to know!

I don't count either, but if you include stuff like tourney fees (and all the costs that go along with it) and road tripping, I might approach that number. I didn't buy too many discs this past year, though I did put a good chunk down on my bag.

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo
5.Beatz
6.Trey133
7.pdorries

can we make a 3000 club?

If we count the standard fee/hour for manual labor (about $25), I racked up about 10 grand to help get KC ready for Worlds. I bet Jack and John would be closer to a million.

booter said:
ooo something I can add my name to. Sadly I'm pretty sure I have spent that since this past sept :shock:

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter

Yep. I seen it. Booter's a verifiable plastic whore. He's headin more for the 3000 club.

I actually think I'm south of 1000. Especially if you subtract the amout that I sold.

I did a lot more thrading than buying this year. So fat this year, I'm 99% sure I'm at 100-150.

I don't spend that much on gear, but I did play 22 PDGAs last year plus other local events (dubs, HGT, monthlies) and that's definitely over 1000 bucks.

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo
5.Beatz
6.Trey133
7.pdorries
8. Toomes

Back when I was more active, the custom stamped disc orders probably would have shoved me over the top. Otherwise I could pick up 100+ discs a year at wholesale and not come anywhere near $1,000.

Of course, I've always run more events than I've played in, and somehow a couple hundred bucks of my own money always ended up covering something for those. That's also what the custom discs were for. So basically as a player I never got anywhere close to $1,000/year, but as a TD I was over $1,000 every year easy.

step 1: admitting you have a problem

(most of my new discs have come via trade in the last year so I'm pretty safe)

$1K? Easy I think I spent that on Rocs alone.

1.Thommie
2.Dig it
3.booter
4.Jeronimo
5.Beatz
6.Trey133
7.pdorries
8. Toomes
9. Billym