• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The Gauntlet

It's that type of attitude that will keep you clueless. Pull up tourney video, big boy. They aren't throwing low glide putters, and they aren't worried about blow-by's. Any tourney video you want.

"600 rounds and my DX Roc still won't flip over." :eek:

Lol I didn't make any comment about what you said just thought it was funny your trying to teach danjon who has been around a long time. I don't carry any low glide putters only aviars beaded and beadless and have no problems ranging my up shots. But I guess I'm clueless lol!

It's your attitude and superiority complex that bothers me.

And if you knew anything about seasoned rocs you would know a well seasoned roc will fly a high turnover line even from a steep hyzer, 600 rounds later mine still isn't quite there that's the truth.

Lol I didn't make any comment about what you said just thought it was funny your trying to teach danjon who has been around a long time. I don't carry any low glide putters only aviars beaded and beadless and have no problems ranging my up shots. But I guess I'm clueless lol!

It's your attitude and superiority complex that bothers me.

And if you knew anything about seasoned rocs you would know a well seasoned roc will fly a high turnover line even from a steep hyzer, 600 rounds later mine still isn't quite there that's the truth.

lol...all of it.

"Hit your target dead center with the Gauntlet!

Release date: 26th of November"

Anyone know if this is a U.S. date too? or only local? or whatever?! hahaha

You can "range" any disc...that you've become familiar with. Amount of glide should only be a real concern in the wind, IMO.

Since when are conditions on the course the same every day. If you're lucky the wind will be close, but it changes all the time. That's why I like to putt and approach with a Sinus, it's an overstable, glideless brick that mostly doesn't give a fv<k about the wind.

How many top putters use a push putt? I know there's a decent amount and they nail long putts all day long in calm conditions, but spin putters are much more consistent when the wind is blowing.

When it's calm I love throwing my glidey and/or understable discs, but throw a bit of wind in there and good luck guessing where they are going to land.

I currently have been using Daggers but I am interested in the Gauntlet with it appearing to be a tad bit straighter.

I still will bag a Sinus for those windy days though!

I currently have been using Daggers but I am interested in the Gauntlet with it appearing to be a tad bit straighter.

I still will bag a Sinus for those windy days though!
Sounds like you should try the Macana. Very similar feel, but just a tad straighter.

I'm still not quite sure where the Gauntlet should fit. Is it a Macana with different feel or what?

That's pretty much what Latitude says too. It's similar in flight but it's supposed too feel different in the hand

Got mine today. Feels like a slightly deeper Judge mostly due to the same 1.1 mm rim thickness I guess. It's as tall as the Dagger but it doesn't fill the hand the same way the Dagger does.

I've got big hands so for drives I really appreciate the thick rim. Not that I'll be actually able to try it any time soon. The weather is really horrible...

Pre-order available on Infinite discs, $10.99, only carrying 12 @173g at the moment. I'm low on cash otherwise id order myself a few. Anyone know anything about these yet? besides possible infinite glide

This thing is a glide monster. Couple field tosses with it and I was impressed with how well it held a line, either on a flat release or a tiny hyzer. Didn't putt with it yet, but I am curious to throw it some more.

This thing is a glide monster. Couple field tosses with it and I was impressed with how well it held a line, either on a flat release or a tiny hyzer. Didn't putt with it yet, but I am curious to throw it some more.

Oh wow! So it really is glidier than a judge!! Cant wait to read your full review someday! ;P

Sounds like you should try the Macana. Very similar feel, but just a tad straighter.

I'm still not quite sure where the Gauntlet should fit. Is it a Macana with different feel or what?
So I got myself one just to see what it's all about.

Feel-wise the Gauntlet is indeed a more traditional beaded putter while the Macana has a more squared side profile that hides the bead quite well.

Flight-wise the Gauntlet is similar to Macana, but maybe a touch more OS. Maybe somewhere in between a Shield and a Macana. I actually managed to throw it into a decent headwind (10-15mph) for some 275ft without any turn and not much of fade.

I'm not sure if it is more glide or just a bit faster profile, but I could constantly get the Gauntlet to go some 20ft further than the Macana.

For putting the Macana still feels more comfortable and gives me a bit cleaner release, but for driving I could see myself using the Gauntlet more. Time will tell.

So I got myself one just to see what it's all about.

Feel-wise the Gauntlet is indeed a more traditional beaded putter while the Macana has a more squared side profile that hides the bead quite well.

Flight-wise the Gauntlet is similar to Macana, but maybe a touch more OS. Maybe somewhere in between a Shield and a Macana. I actually managed to throw it into a decent headwind (10-15mph) for some 275ft without any turn and not much of fade.

I'm not sure if it is more glide or just a bit faster profile, but I could constantly get the Gauntlet to go some 20ft further than the Macana.

For putting the Macana still feels more comfortable and gives me a bit cleaner release, but for driving I could see myself using the Gauntlet more. Time will tell.

Thanks for the feedback. How would you compare this to a fresh Judge (if you have experience with it) for throwing? A beaded Trilogy putter with nearly the stability of the Shield would be great.

Thanks for the feedback. How would you compare this to a fresh Judge (if you have experience with it) for throwing? A beaded Trilogy putter with nearly the stability of the Shield would be great.
I've only thrown the Judge a couple of times and that was maybe a year ago so I don't have very precise picture in my head of its' flight characteristics. From what I remember, it had a similar flight, but the Gauntlet could actually have a touch more stability.

My memories from the judge are quite vague tho so take this with a grain of salt. :eek:

Having thrown a Gauntlet on a couple of holes where I usually throw a Judge I agree that it's similar to the judge but just slightly more stable.

I didn't like it for throwing. The Macana felt way better, partially because the Macana has a less rounded edge. But mostly because I can put pretty much full power on the Macana (around 80m going straight) and the Gauntlet just did a thing to the right for me. I didn't try it for putting though. Might be a whole different story there.

Hit cage with a Zero Medium Gauntlet today. Pretty chill disc.