• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

Got the whole family together for a group shot last night.

photo-47.jpg

Back row are all CFR's, middle row S's and front row are P's

Yeah it's a terrible picture. He p's are blue, white, 2 pinks (my seasoned favorite and a new backup) and a new orange.

That's a nice Black one. Not a lot of people have those....Maybe I should part with some of my stack....

I wish I could have bought a similar load of DGR PD's too... It just gets prohibitively expensive to ship them here after the third disc.

Just got an old friend back, the first P-PD I ever bought. Been missing this one a bit.
qox7ax.jpg

jubuttib said:
I wish I could have bought a similar load of DGR PD's too... It just gets prohibitively expensive to ship them here after the third disc.

Yeah, other than 2 S and 1 P production stamps and 2 Big Arm and one Asia Open CFR, the rest are from each of the DGR runs. Probably more than I need, but I can't seem to pass on them.

got my box of f2 pds from the factory store and they look pretty good. i ordered 10 total, 2 150 class s lines, 2 s lines in the upper 160s, 2 c lines in the low 160s, 2 in the upper 160s, and 2 in the low 170s. suprisingly the champ plastic was pretty soft and all 10 discs were pretty flat. i'm hoping the flat c lines are beefcakes.

dehaas said:
got my box of f2 pds from the factory store and they look pretty good. i ordered 10 total, 2 150 class s lines, 2 s lines in the upper 160s, 2 c lines in the low 160s, 2 in the upper 160s, and 2 in the low 170s. suprisingly the champ plastic was pretty soft and all 10 discs were pretty flat. i'm hoping the flat c lines are beefcakes.

do the c's have patent numbers on them?

nope, no patent numbers but they have the regular rim to them. the description said they were supposed to be similar in flight to the cfr's. i haven't thrown a cfr myself but wanted something a bit beefier than my s pd for wind duties and forehands.

They sound like third runs, and should be somewhere along the lines of FR S-PD's in stability, maybe more overstable.

I was thinking today at work. How awesome would CFR Glow PDs be? Maybe we could get innova to run them right after the gators

Oooo, I might go for a couple of flat CFR Glow PDs... Could be great thumber discs too.

I've been getting into PDs heavy again...Not that I ever wasn't into them, but for a while I wasn't carrying one of my CFR CPDs or PPDs, and then I tried going without my CPD+ (lasted a week). Now I've been carrying a bunch of PDs with me to reacquainted with all the variations I own.

The CFR CPD is the best headwind/crosswind driver I've ever thrown. It just flies like a normal PD into big headwinds...It gets no airbounces, no side to side movement, no quick nose angle changes, nothing but straight with fade at the end. I've really given up an untold amount of strokes playing in the wind without these discs for the past year...Never again.

Are PPDs coming out anything like the originals yet? I still have the first one I bought, and it is thrashed yet still very useable. It's an awesome hyzer flip to anny disc, with just the right speed/glide combination to be very consistent and controllable for this shot. That plastic is great against scrapes...Mine is warped in a couple places, but still feels nice and smooth all the way around. I tried a couple of my stiff/flat newer PPDs again and they are so different. I don't really like the stiff/flat feel, though they fly OK. They are are very straight, but touchier than any PD I've thrown. The plastic is also complete shit for durability, kind of like stiff dx. I threw one of my stiff pink DGR PPDs today and it took a routine sidewalk slide, the kind that might leave a tiny scuff or two on most discs. Every inch of the edge of the wing and the bottom of the disc got scraped to hell. I want normal PPDs again in normal pro plastic, not this super stiff or super gummy stuff, and I want them to actually be shaped like PDs with a normal dome.

I still haven't met an SPD I didn't like, and they still get the workload of my throws. New, seasoned, and thrashed they are great.

BLURR said:
What's the going rate for a 172g Champystar First Run PD? The thing is beefcake overstable.

I've never seen a champystar FR. What color?

It's red. Stability is a notch more than a regular run CPD. The problem is I wiped most of the stamp off. But no bullshit, it had the First Run stamped on it at one point. Been thrown about 5 times.

Latest posts