• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I didn't get any S line Freak PD's, just P. No difference in feel other than the plastic. The P is domed a little more, but that's to be expected. I'm guessing it's just a difference in stamps.

dgdave said:
I might finally bite the bullet and try these PDs out.
:shock: you haven't tried a PD?!! you will have a new favorite disc for at least a month :wink:

I tried to get a few in trade, but nothin ever worked out. I haven't actually BOUGHT a disc, except $4 or $5 used ones, in a few months.

Dave, as much as you like the Teebizzle, I think the PD would fit well into your game. You'll probably end up not keeping them in your bag in lieu of Teebirds, but it's worth a shot :). They're every bit as HSS stable (and a little more LSS) than a Star Tee.

If I can toss them as far as and penetrate as well as my Bosses, then they will have a big chance to make the bag. The savage was close, but didn't play the wind as well as a Boss. The Starfire is close, but there is a bigger separation in D between the Boss and T than the Starfire and TB.

How does the HSS and LSS of a PD and Star Starfire compare?

I just ordered 2 P and 2 S line PDs. We'll see what I think. (I also got some Redwood Aviars and some Proline Leos :D )

So what seems to be the consensus on the P-line plastic? I'm about to order a PD and I'm thinking the p-line would beat into an awesome disc if the plastic is durable enough to last. A heavy p-line DD would probably be a killer disc as well, but like above, only if the plastic lasts.

I guess I'll just buy them anyway, I'm sure I could trade them if it comes to that.

The P line is identical to Innova's pro plastic. Yes, it beats up, but if you like broken in stable discs, it works out well.

dgdave said:
If I can toss them as far as and penetrate as well as my Bosses, then they will have a big chance to make the bag. The savage was close, but didn't play the wind as well as a Boss. The Starfire is close, but there is a bigger separation in D between the Boss and T than the Starfire and TB.

Why are you trying to drop your bosses?

Luke said:
dgdave said:

probly cuz they are one of the hardest discs ever to throw consistently (for me at least)

Theoretically, the groove should be right there. There are probably some other companies that will argue that their biggest and best is just as fast, too.

Interesting, if it's like pro plastic the PD should beat into a decently stable driver. That means a DD would beat into a longer wraith/orc, I think I'll test it out.

Luke said:
dgdave said:

Not trying too, but if I can find something that's a bit slower, but more controlable, them why not?

I've got a p-line DD and PD on the way, hopefully they get here before the weekend. If they fly lie I suspect they will, I may not need my starfire or orcs anymore. I snatched up a gremlin also, for $7 I figured why not.