• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

dgdave said:
I don't know if its in the bag, but I'm gonna be tryin it as my only driver for a bit. I've tried it in everything but a 20+ MPH head wind. It was doing great into 15-20 mph today.

So far the only problem I've had is dialing it in, but I've only had 2 days with it. I was tossing it on holes where I normally toss TBs on and I was going 20-30 past.

You like the flight path though? I figured it would suit you.

Totally. Straight with a good fade, straight into the wind and holds a hyzer the whole way.

i think if you were gonna replace the teebizzles with PD's youd benefit by adding a Cyclone/Gazelle/Sabre to bridge the gap between the Comet and PD, I could just roll with my strikers but having the Gazelles in there really rounds out my bag nicely

What does the wing look like? The Approved Discs and Targets page says it is 1.9cm wide... according to the chart, the Innova discs with a 1.9 cm wing are Firebird, FL, Viking, Valk, Archangel, Python.
Is it a Firebird wing?
The disc sounds like a more stable OLF. OLFs have the Firebird wing... maybe Dave just put a different top on it to get more stability.

Jesse B 707 said:
i think if you were gonna replace the teebizzles with PD's youd benefit by adding a Cyclone/Gazelle/Sabre to bridge the gap between the Comet and PD, I could just roll with my strikers but having the Gazelles in there really rounds out my bag nicely

I really don't like Cyclones or Gazelles. They're fine, just not my thing. I like Sabres, but finding a good one is a pain and you have to throw them to damn high to get good distance.

dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I really don't like Cyclones or Gazelles. They're fine, just not my thing. I like Sabres, but finding a good one is a pain and you have to throw them to damn high to get good distance.
well.......then just suffer

Jesse B 707 said:
dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I'm pretty sure I can get around this by either powering back, throwing lower, or adding hyzer. What advantage do see with a tweener disc? I never really got them. I did toss in a Leo until a PD gets broken in.

dgdave said:
What advantage do see with a tweener disc? I never really got them.

Especially when a buzz or similar mid flies just as far. I could see where it might be a little more easy to manipulate a certain flight line, but that is maybe 1 or 2 shots in a round.

dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:
dgdave said:
Jesse B 707 said:

I'm pretty sure I can get around this by either powering back, throwing lower, or adding hyzer. What advantage do see with a tweener disc? I never really got them. I did toss in a Leo until a PD gets broken in.
to each their own i guess but i wouldnt want a speed 9 disc as the slowest driver in my bag

So the PD seems to have reach like a thin 1.1 MOLF and stable predictablity like a fat 1.2 SOLF?

Dude...the SPD is a money thumber. Good speed...nice turn. Worked pretty good for backhand shots too. To me, it is like a cross between a Teebird and a Starfire. This thing has mad glide too. I think this might go right next to my Z-Pred in my bag.

The SDD is a bit different than I was expecting. It feels kind of bulky in the hand...kind of like a max a little bit. So far...I am unimpressed.

BLURR said:
Dude...the SPD is a money thumber. Good speed...nice turn. Worked pretty good for backhand shots too. To me, it is like a cross between a Teebird and a Starfire. This thing has mad glide too. I think this might go right next to my Z-Pred in my bag.

The SDD is a bit different than I was expecting. It feels kind of bulky in the hand...kind of like a max a little bit. So far...I am unimpressed.
yeah i was able to throw some huge tommies with mine, not as long as the XXX though......ive got to get me some new XXX's, they beat my 11x firebirds on both tommies and thumbers

noooooooo im going to have 1 of all for the next few weeks

Wizard
D Challenger
BB Aviar

pick one and STFU :wink:
really though, these are the most solid putters in DG. there is lots of other options that can get the job done but from my years of experience in flip flopping what i putt with these are surely the top 3 IMO

Wizard>Challenger>BB Aviar (providing its a good Wiz......which are kinda hard to find these days :( )

BLURR said:

I think the DD is going to be hit or miss with most players, it took me a few rounds to get used to it. I'm trying the p-line tomorrow so we'll how it stacks up.

As far as the putters go, the P2 was okay but definitely not better than than those 3 choices.

Jesse B 707 said:
Wizard
D Challenger
BB Aviar

pick one and STFU :wink:
really though, these are the most solid putters in DG. there is lots of other options that can get the job done but from my years of experience in flip flopping what i putt with these are surely the top 3 IMO

Wizard>Challenger>BB Aviar (providing its a good Wiz......which are kinda hard to find these days :( )

you say wiz chall bb.. and your using the bb?