• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I've thrown the CD since they came out, and I'd describe it as a straighter valk, or a faster, slighly less glidy TL. The JLS may be a good comparison as well. The CD is just faster.

Thanks for the replies regarding the CD. I'd like a little more distance from my fairway driver so I think I'll give it a go!

I like them a lot. It's used for hyzer flips and 60% straight shots. It's got good glide and a neutral flight pattern, and should be good for rollers once KC P&R actually mow a course around here.

If the rule of champ vs. D plastic holds true for discmania, the s-line should be a bit more stable for the CD. I tried the d-line when it first came out, and it reminded me of a gazelle for some reason. I know Dave D said it's pretty much a viking with more glide, but I've never thrown one so I can't say if it's true. I would compare the d-line to a new base plastic jls, so I imagine the s-line is similar to the Sjls.

Since you made the Gazelle comparison, how would the CD be as a replacement? Would it work in tandem with my Strikers? I like the Gazelle because it's slower and more controllable and moving up to Teebirds or Eagles would seem to overlap with my Strikers. My Strikers aren't going anywhere right now if you get me. :) Or maybe I should just hop on the Cyclone train.

CD is speed 9 disc, just like the Striker. They'd probably overlap, unless it's a worn D plastic CD. If you like slower fairway drivers (if Eagle and Teebird are too fast) then the only real options now are Leo, Sabre, Cyclone.

2 weeks in with PDs and no Teebirds and so far no regrets. The Ps are breaking in nicely and the S is still the same as the day I got it. I did put in a Night Shift Boss of heavy headwind distance. I can't wait for one of these to get flippy.

My S CD is very much like a Striker, while the D is less stable. Thrown 320ish, the S CD is 15 ft back and 5 ft left of the Striker on landing. Not sure which is better in 15mph+ wind 'cus I jump to the SOLF. Safer flight for final 30ft in turbulent air for the S CD vs better finish glide for the Striker. But Opto lets me use the same disc in winter so...your needs may vary.

Got my PDs in and just lunch break field huks so far. Very much like OLFs. Random 0-15mph wind shows nothing else in 6 huks each (1.1 MOLF 1.2 SOLF P PD S PD Striker)

ED- Like the PD, thanks! 27 holes yesterday, nice D, great hss with a surprisingly late lss break left finish. Time will tell if I can work lines and time the turns as accurately as my Pred/SOLF, but for long D in any wind, it's darned nice.

Banzai said:
CD is speed 9 disc, just like the Striker. They'd probably overlap, unless it's a worn D plastic CD. If you like slower fairway drivers (if Eagle and Teebird are too fast) then the only real options now are Leo, Sabre, Cyclone.

Yeah, I thought they were slower than 9 I guess. I could bump back up to TBs or give Eagles a go but like I said I like the speed 6 discs. To me the jump between 6 and 7 is bigger than the jump between 7 and 9 (at least with Innova's discs) as far as power requirement. I've got a decent arm, but I don't like to throw my fairway drivers as hard as I seem to have to throw TBs or Eagles.

I am looking to buy a PD and am having difficulty finding a place to purchase one. Is DiscGolfValues the only place to get one? If so, does anyone have any experience working with them... shipping time, etc?

JerryH said:
I am looking to buy a PD and am having difficulty finding a place to purchase one. Is DiscGolfValues the only place to get one? If so, does anyone have any experience working with them... shipping time, etc?
yep, DGV is still the only place, shipping is average (3 to 4 days) and Mark (the owner) is a super cool guy

Jesse B 707 said:
JerryH said:
yep, DGV is still the only place, shipping is average (3 to 4 days) and Mark (the owner) is a super cool guy

I e-mailed Mark and he responded quickly with exactly the information I was looking for. I'll give it a go! Thanks.

There are really only 3 places to get discmania stuff: dgvalues, ebay, or trade for one on this forum. Good luck finding a PD on here though, everyone seems to like it and won't give one up.

Go with the p-line if you get one, that plastic is sweet, reminds me of a pro/champ mix.

To everyone now on the PD wagon....

..you're welcome :D.

Even you Jesse, I know you'll come join us soon :wink:.

Thank you!!!!!!

My 2 main molds in the bag (PD and Comet) came from the cripling peer pressure from this board.

The MD1 got me hooked on discmania, but the reviews on here kind of sealed the deal for me, specifically further and daves reviews. I guess it also helped that dave_D loved them on the pdga forums, almost like he tweaked the mold to his own personal liking.

Donkeypuncher said:
The MD1 got me hooked on discmania, but the reviews on here kind of sealed the deal for me, specifically further and daves reviews. I guess it also helped that dave_D loved them on the pdga forums, almost like he tweaked the mold to his own personal liking.

It seems like Dunipace is creating these great controllable molds for Discmania while releasing the fastest discs possible with Innova. I've said that the drivers being released with Dicmania (well, at least the CD and PD) are 2 of the best discs Innova has made in a long, long time for the average/advanced player.

I let one of my big armed friends throw my brand new S PD last night, and, on an anhyzer release, got it to flex somewhere in the 440' range.

The CD is doing what he hoped the Viking would. Dave is a big fan of the Viking and it never sold the way he wanted it to. The CD is just a Viking with a bit more glide and it seems to be selling quite well.