• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

I want to guess his answer:

wizards too inconsistent

challengers too deep to grip properly

BB is just right

well I bought like 9 or 10 new wizards last time i was throwing them and only one was even close to the shape/plastic that i like to putt with :? 1 out of 10 is just not good enough odds for me, The BB's were just a whim and although i am putting mildly solid with them I cant seem to get my jump putt dialed with them well at all, id say ive maybe made 9 or 10 putts outside of 40 in the couple months ive been using em (usually i would hit one or so per round :( ) so i think the Aviars are on their last legs. Probly be back to challengers soon....unless i can find some secret stash of good wizards :roll:

Jesse B 707 said:
well I bought like 9 or 10 new wizards last time i was throwing them and only one was even close to the shape/plastic that i like to putt with :? 1 out of 10 is just not good enough odds for me, The BB's were just a whim and although i am putting mildly solid with them I cant seem to get my jump putt dialed with them well at all, id say ive maybe made 9 or 10 putts outside of 40 in the couple months ive been using em (usually i would hit one or so per round :( ) so i think the Aviars are on their last legs. Probly be back to challengers soon....unless i can find some secret stash of good wizards :roll:

I have a secret stash of good wizards. The problem is they are all from like 3+ years ago. I don't know what I'll do when they run out. Probably move to challengers or VPs

Jesse B 707 said:
uNicedmeMan said:
what is a bad wizard?
too domey/too flat/strangely beefy in the nose/inconsistent glide and drop rate

A recent Med Jerry Wiz felt great in hand new, was evil in action. Super ball bounce outs from post or basket, many spit outs, and beat amazingly bad/fast chunks/dents compared to even a SSS or F. Forced use for 30 days (Made my skillshot basket seem huge), gave it away to a total stranger at a bar, game is much better now.

PS- thanks, getting PDs to try next week

Anywho, back on topic....

I just got done tossing my PDs into heavy wind. They definately held there own. Not as long as a boss into a straight 20-25 mph headwind, but not far off. In any other situation, still just a faster Teebird.

I wish my discs arrived before monday, it was nice and windy and I could have tested the PD out. I was going to do it today but playing with sth1oo6 yesterday made my arm too sore. Tomorrow I'm testing them out for sure, along with the newest crossover gremlin.

My first impression is the plastic is very nice. The PD feels great in the hand, and I have to say, this is what I imagine a teebird x mold would feel like. The rim is much shorter than I would expect for a disc with good distance.

Donkeypuncher said:
I wish my discs arrived before monday, it was nice and windy and I could have tested the PD out. I was going to do it today but playing with sth1oo6 yesterday made my arm too sore. Tomorrow I'm testing them out for sure, along with the newest crossover gremlin.

My first impression is the plastic is very nice. The PD feels great in the hand, and I have to say, this is what I imagine a teebird x mold would feel like. The rim is much shorter than I would expect for a disc with good distance.
same old firebird wing

I got a couple rounds in with the p-DD and so far it has performed well. The course I played only had 4 holes where I could use it, but most of those shots were pretty impressive. I have trouble throwing anhyzer with wide rims, so those were the only bad shots I had. I would describe it as a longer/faster slightly more stable orc, or a super orc if you will.

There wasn't a hole that called for the PD so I didn't really get to try it. I figure plenty of people have already said all there is to say about it, so my review isn't really important.

This new pro plastic is very nice, feels more like a champ/pro mix. I nailed a tree and a basket pole really hard, didn't leave a mark or change the flight at all. I had a few people confused about these discs, most people are like, "disc-whatia?".

I'm going out to my favorite baseball field for some real field practice tomorrow, that should tell me if either make the bag.

After 6 or 7 rounds with these, the Pro PDs are starting to season up a bit and delay the fade. The still handle a wind great. The S is still the same as new. I haven't missed my TB as of yet, but that may change soon. It usually does.

Anyone have some PDs for trade?

I do toss sidearm up to 360ish and now lefty up to 300. I do have some Leos in the bag for my lefty main driver that I've been messing with again. My comets go to about 330-340 on big aired out annies. I've also messed with tossing big steep annies with my PDs. Once a P breaks in, it should work as well as a TB.

dgdave said:
I do toss sidearm up to 360ish and now lefty up to 300. I do have some Leos in the bag for my lefty main driver that I've been messing with again. My comets go to about 330-340 on big aired out annies. I've also messed with tossing big steep annies with my PDs. Once a P breaks in, it should work as well as a TB.
A buddy of mine can crush huge annies with his S PD's, i didnt have the power to really keep one over but they seem to work great for him

First day with 150 & 166 PD and 167 Hysteria DD. Each with noticeable flashing. Hysteria fades a lot. like my Wraith in Champ from this year that I suspect is a stabilized version. Eats away some D. Flashing's going. Can't tell if it'll work before flashing is removed. I won't touch the PD flashings yet without more experience. They are on the more fading side of my tastes so they'll probably lose the flashing quickly. Striker has stiff competition from these and PDs come in much lower weights too. Fast long TB sounds right without the skip on grass of the Striker. For better or worse you decide.

Is that DD the S or P-line? You pretty much described my thoughts about the s-line, but the p-line seems to have a little less fade and a little more glide for me.

My only problem with the PD is my lack of need for an overstable driver, which makes it harder to beat in and see how it performs. I guess I need to make a effort to throw it more.

Donkeypuncher said:
Is that DD the S or P-line? You pretty much described my thoughts about the s-line, but the p-line seems to have a little less fade and a little more glide for me.

My only problem with the PD is my lack of need for an overstable driver, which makes it harder to beat in and see how it performs. I guess I need to make a effort to throw it more.

S DD added overstability (according to Discmania site) 167 Hysteria. Without the flashing it's a little more manageable and I had a hot day. So it's too much for me for max D. And it ain't really much longer than PDs or 149 star TB new without flashing. Now the Hysteria is most interesting for me in headwind duty if it works. No such days yet. I already have poppy top ESP Flashes and 168 Star Boss and am happy with those so something special is needed to make this a regular member of my disc club in the bag. I'll take the flashing off of the PDs so the DD and Striker are getting even stiffer competition.

If it's an unimportant disc in your selection tuning it may not hurt. I think mine's gonna get tuned less stable after a headwind test.

If the DD/hysteria can handle some wind then it's gonna be a keeper, but so far the p-line version has definitely made it into my bag. I've swapped my star starfire for the PD just to make me throw it more, I imagine it will probably stay in the bag if all goes well.

I may try some tuning on the s-line DD, although it does make for a great stable max d disc as it is. I think I probably should have gone lighter with my discs, but I wasn't sure how durable this new pro line was. I figured if it's like the innova pro, then the heavier weight would help keep it from turning into a roller. Now I'm thinking it's not the same old non-durable pro plastic, I guess only time will tell.

I am considering trying the CD S Line Driver. I currently throw a JLS as my fairway driver. Does anyone have experience throwing one of these? I am curious about the speed and stability.

JerryH said:
I am considering trying the CD S Line Driver. I currently throw a JLS as my fairway driver. Does anyone have experience throwing one of these? I am curious about the speed and stability.

I haven't thrown them side by side so the D is a question mark. CD fades a little more. From memory the CD might be a little faster. Not a tremendous difference though. HSS is in the same ball park.

Latest posts