• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

My S and P PDs will be in today, to bad I'm out of town. I wish I would have got a P DD. Oh well.

I didn't have to stay out of town, so I just got home to these. All 4 Freak PDs, 2 S 2 P, and all of them are domey. I was hoping for flatter S. The wing looks like a stretched out TB and the to looks like a DD.

I should get out tomorrow or Sunday to toss them.

Also, do you guts think the PD could fill the role of a TB and a Boss when using new and worn in?

It could be possible, but I've never thrown the boss so I'm not sure. I think Dave_D said it could replace the teebird and starfire slot.

it will surely be a bit shorter than a Boss (although ive not tried the P line)
and it will be a bit harder to get it to hold an anny like a TB (maybe a beat pro?)

other than those i cant see any problems, only thing is if you never liked the OLF you probly wont dig these either

I don't think anybody has actually beat one up enough yet, at least as far as the s-line is concerned. The p-line was just barely released, so I think the few us are going to have to do some disc beating to find out.

I do have high hopes though, Dave_D seemed to be very impressed with the mold, and apparently has one in the bag now.

dgdave said:
When these break in, do they maintain a lot of the HSS like a teebird?

I would say so. The Pro plastic beats in to have a little flip at high speeds, but you'd expect that from that particular plastic blend. I have a 1st run S that I tuned to make it (sorta) flippy, and it's still got good HSS.

Not to shabby. I got about 20 tosses with them and they did act like my seasoned boss and newish teebird, but right inbetween speed wise. I was getting these to about 400 with a few 20-30 longer. It does pop up and lock into flat very nicely.

I can't wait to season them up to delay the fade up. For the time being, these are my only driver in the bag.

dgdave said:
Not to shabby. I got about 20 tosses with them and they did act like my seasoned boss and newish teebird, but right inbetween speed wise. I was getting these to about 400 with a few 20-30 longer. It does pop up and lock into flat very nicely.

I can't wait to season them up to delay the fade up. For the time being, these are my only driver in the bag.

That sounds about right. What I really like about this disc is that it fades very slowly, and still goes forward as it fades. I can also flex the piss out of this one similar to the way I can flex a teebizzle. The disc looses some of it's lss without loosing hss after a while. It just straightens out :).

Furthur said:
...it fades very slowly, and still goes forward as it fades... The disc looses some of it's lss without loosing hss after a while. It just straightens out :).

It sounds like you just described a DX Teebird.

Damn, i didn't think it would make it into your bag that fast. I haven't been this anxious to get a disc in a long time.

I don't know if its in the bag, but I'm gonna be tryin it as my only driver for a bit. I've tried it in everything but a 20+ MPH head wind. It was doing great into 15-20 mph today.

So far the only problem I've had is dialing it in, but I've only had 2 days with it. I was tossing it on holes where I normally toss TBs on and I was going 20-30 past.

marmoset said:
Furthur said:
...it fades very slowly, and still goes forward as it fades... The disc looses some of it's lss without loosing hss after a while. It just straightens out :).

It sounds like you just described a DX Teebird.

Yep. Faster though.