• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

marmoset said:
DGC just announced they are carrying Discmania now!
Let the frenzy begin!
I went to order myself a PD, check out how the stock is depleted there now!
DGR strikes again!

I doubt they had a huge stock to begin with since it's not a super popular disc. I bet they will order more next time around though.

Donkeypuncher said:
I doubt they had a huge stock to begin with since it's not a super popular disc. I bet they will order more next time around though.
I checked the day they came in, there was 15 to 20 of each disc in stock.

zj1002 said:
rusch_bag said:
So the Walgreens by me randomly got some discs in and it got the full discmania line some how. haha.

what the...
That's awesome. I've seen an Ace Hardware store that stocks discs. Too bad they were $25+ each...

No joke. I would love one of the disc golf stores around me to actually stock Discmania so I could feel what some of the different plastics feel like. Some nice, deep red Pro material for the PD would be the dog's bullocks.

I just picked up a XMas PD and the top on this is totally different from all of my Freaks. It looks like a Blurr/Rage top. I have 2 more on the way (hopefulluy today) and I'm curious to see if those are the same.

rusch_bag said:
So the Walgreens by me randomly got some discs in and it got the full discmania line some how. haha.

The Oshkosh Walmart?

The Walmart on Casaloma had a bunch of Millenium stuff for pretty cheap a couple months ago (SOLF SOLS QOLF etc for 12.99)

mzuleger said:
rusch_bag said:

The Oshkosh Walmart?

The Walmart on Casaloma had a bunch of Millenium stuff for pretty cheap a couple months ago (SOLF SOLS QOLF etc for 12.99)

In my part of the state Walmart = innova east stuff and walgreens is from sunking.

I've gotten in 2 of the 3 Xmas stamp PDs and they act more like a slightly seasoned firebird where the freaks act just like a teebird. The new top feels better in my hand than the xmas ones. Its a nice compliment to each other.

I finally got one of the PD's really seasoned. I smacked a tree about 8ft away throwing 110% power. It was a shank, but it was well worth it. It holds any line beautifully. I'm really liking these.

Both. I haven't really seen much difference between them, even in wind. The only big difference I've seen is the XMas ones act more like a Firebird Lite, and the Freaks act like a speedy Teebird. I haven't thrown the 1st run S.

I think the PD and TB overlap. The flights are almost identical except for speed. I can hit any line with my PD that I can with a TB. The PD is one of those tweener discs. The boss has an S flight where the PD and TB have more of an upside down J flight, plus 30+ feet more outright D, especially into the wind.

I've been throwing the PDs for about a month and have not thrown a TB since and I haven't missed them.

dgdave said:
Both. I haven't really seen much difference between them, even in wind. The only big difference I've seen is the XMas ones act more like a Firebird Lite, and the Freaks act like a speedy Teebird. I haven't thrown the 1st run S.
So those Xmas ones are more stable than the production run?

More HS overstable I guess. Its like the type 1 vs. Type 2 overstable disc discussion. The fades are about the same, but the XMas ones want to hold the angle you put on them and fade earlier, whereas the freaks want to pop up flat an hold it then fade later in the flight.

Does anyone want to join me in a quest for champion PDs? I'm gonna email discmainia and innova to start some chatter, everyone else should join in. Even a DD or CD would be nice in champ.