• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

dgdave said:
Does anyone want to join me in a quest for champion PDs? I'm gonna email discmainia and innova to start some chatter, everyone else should join in. Even a DD or CD would be nice in champ.
I've seen few local pro's toss CH DD's. Must be proto's since you can't buy them anywhere.

dgdave said:
Does anyone want to join me in a quest for champion PDs? I'm gonna email discmainia and innova to start some chatter, everyone else should join in. Even a DD or CD would be nice in champ.
I don't think they are that special. Then again, I've just had a few tosses with them and I've never been that into the regular PDs. But I might just have to ask two of the team players how they like them next time I see them.

I haven't been able to throw much over the summer, but I finally picked up S PD (one of the newer runs with the original stamp). I hit one tree with it and it is absolutely dead straight now for ~400 ft. Absolutely no fade. (For reference, I usually throw a teebird ~380). Besides the runs being compared to light firebirds, is this typical?

Stability is somewhere between a Teebird and Firebird. They have the HS flight of a Teebird, with fade like a light Firechicken.

oh DGR how you torment my checking account.

Just put in an order for 2x P-PDs, 1x S-PD, 1xS-CD, and 1xP-DD, also managed to get a couple x-outs in my order, wraith, leo...yada yada.

Had been too long since I had made up a nice order of fresh plastic, give me a few weeks, I'll either be raving about the PDs or trading them.

jnecessary said:

Just put in an order for 2x P-PDs, 1x S-PD, 1xS-CD, and 1xP-DD, also managed to get a couple x-outs in my order, wraith, leo...yada yada.

Had been too long since I had made up a nice order of fresh plastic, give me a few weeks, I'll either be raving about the PDs or trading them.

Dibs on the PDs. In before dgdave!

Furthur said:
jnecessary said:

You bastard!!! I have 2nd dibs!

dgdave said:
Furthur said:
jnecessary said:

You bastard!!! I have 2nd dibs!

Haha, honestly I took this long to order them because I'm pretty certain I will love them. I've been playing only 2 years but I throw a Teebird and Firebird probably....50% or more on anything over 300 that isn't downhill. At least your descriptions of them make me want them, we'll see.

I have found the PD to be a pretty versatile disc. I use Orion LFs (both M and S plastic) for my control and distance drives and use the P PD for my long anhyzers. This disc has broken in to being an awesome hyzer flip disc and understable driver. I found the S PD a little more stable than an SOLF, so like others have said, will save it for the windy days.

I wish I could throw my PD more often. A lot of my local courses are so short and wooded a disc like this doesn't get its chance to shine. Makes me a sad panda because I love throwing it. :cry:

sunspot said:
Using Joe's Flying Chart, which categories would the PD fall under? What about the durability of the plastic?

I would say it has a power reqirement of 4-5, and is on the upper distance range of 5. You need to throw 300' to really get it to do what it needs to do (which is fly straight then fade). No turn, and a fade of around 3.5. Durability is like the durability of a speed 9-10 driver made by Innova (or Millennium) in it's respective plastic.

The disc in P plastic has some HS turn to it once it breaks in. Dgdave has said that it locks into flat from a slight hyzer, and just keeps flying straight. That's a good way to describe a broken in one. I have one S like this, but I tuned it this way. The S in my bag right now is a stiffer Star like plastic, and has no HS turn and plenty of LS fade.

Thread revival!

Have any of you guys worn a P PD into a long trunover disc that doesn't come back? And for those of you who have maybe tried both what are the pros/cons of using varied PD's vs. Starfire/Orc combo? I want a longer version of my Gazelles, I love how workable they are.

I've beat a couple/few Ps to hold annies. They are sweet and one is my most used driver.

They are a bit slower than the Orc and SF and colser to a SF, but have the classic TB flight instead of an S flight.