• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So......

Ummmm....

Jamie Conrads to MVP....crazy

Im excited to see him throw Mayhems. Once people start throwing them because james does, they will get to see how great a distance driver it is. Even for low arms speeds.

I actually managed to get one of his Volts today. Interested to see how it flies.

What are you talking about dude. I never said a word about free education or debt forgiveness. I don't control that that's happening. I signed for the loans over a year ago before the pandemic or even the beginning of the primaries. Jackass

You responded to a post that inferred social security is going to be used to pay off your student loan debts by telling the guy to piss off because you were bettering yourself. No mention of paying them off yourself like any other loan. What am I missing here?

Can laws be changed?

They will continue to do what they have always done to keep social security solvent. Just continue to raise the maximum level threshold (wage base below) in which income can be taxed for social security.

historical-maximum-social-security-income-limits.png

As for actual pro sponsor talk, if I was new to the scene and making a splash like Ms. Holyn Handley I would first look at what disc I don't think I could replace in my current bag.
The entry-level sponsorships can't be that lucrative and she's not quitting her day job either. I'd have to pick Innova since I've never found a disc that could replace my Firebirds or gummy Spiders.

She's says she mostly throws Prodigy, interestingly enough. They've done as good of a job as anyone else promoting FPO, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's where she ends up going. I could also see Trilogy as well. Total speculation there.

I actually managed to get one of his Volts today. Interested to see how it flies.

I fell in love with FR Volts. Then they seem to completely change the disc. I throw light weight, broken in Plasma ones now. They are close to the FR. I hope the Conrad versions are close to FR. Though, I don't see them making them that much less stable.

James Conrad's first Tour Series stamp is here – Bendy James! Artist Michael Ramanauskas worked closely with James to capture his fluid, flexible, and unshakable presence on the course – resulting in a stamp that truly represents the James we know and love

uh what? We all know and love JC for his bendiness?

As long as the JC Volts dont come out like the Beefy glide-less Cosmic Volts i had...they should be super popular and great flyers.

The stamp is fun. I dont want a stamp with a players face or their name in big letters...this is kind of the middle ground...its playful and specific to the player...

As long as the JC Volts dont come out like the Beefy glide-less Cosmic Volts i had...they should be super popular and great flyers.

The stamp is fun. I dont want a stamp with a players face or their name in big letters...this is kind of the middle ground...its playful and specific to the player...

I never understood the appeal of the tour series discs that just had the player's name in bold and no cool stamp. If you're a big fan of that player, sure, and I guess anything with Paul McBeth's name on it is gonna sell. Short of that, just kinda strange IMO. I would spring for a blank or stock stamp first personally. The only tour series discs I own are both players I like and have good stamp artwork.

I'm not huge of the Bendy James stamp. It's neat, but I thought they were gonna do better by him. I still bought two because I'm a Conrad fan and a MVP stan.

I live in Finland. Rich people pay crippling taxes. We have it good. Case in point: Just had my appendix out, at a cost of about 100 euros only.

I make a pitiful amount of money but am happy as a pig in mud.

BBQ in Finland is good. Especially in the summer when its light out until midnight.

Winter is not ideal for disc golf but hey cannot have everything.

On topic: Will be interesting to see how Ezra and James do. Otherwise, I'm rooting for the same guys as last season. Nikko. Calvin. Paul. Simon&Eagle and the Finnish Crush boys. Sexton is playing again, is he?

I never understood the appeal of the tour series discs that just had the player's name in bold and no cool stamp. If you're a big fan of that player, sure, and I guess anything with Paul McBeth's name on it is gonna sell. Short of that, just kinda strange IMO. I would spring for a blank or stock stamp first personally. The only tour series discs I own are both players I like and have good stamp artwork.

I'm not huge of the Bendy James stamp. It's neat, but I thought they were gonna do better by him. I still bought two because I'm a Conrad fan and a MVP stan.

A player's name is their best brand. I don't buy tour discs, but I can understand the thinking.

They can still make something interesting, and still prominently display their name. Sexton firebirds, for example.

For sure. I was speaking mostly to DC's tour series stamps.

For me to pay more for a tour series disc it has to be a mold I already throw, a decent looking stamp, and a pro I like enough to support.

To date, I have a Barsby Roadrunner (maybe 2?) and a Sexton FB.

I think Tour series disc should be in a plastic you can´t get in a "normal" disc. . like Sextons Firebird or the Discraft Tour series disc that come in a uniqe plastic every year.
I see no extra value in a normal plastic disc with a special stamp

Fan art. Tour series discs could be fan art concepts.

There ain't enough fans though. We're not at that level yet imo. What kind of concept could you come up with for Thomas Gilbert, GG, Austin Hannum etc.? I love my HAMMES wasp but that thing is Fugly as Fug.

Latest posts