• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Pink was actually considered a masculine color and blues were feminine up until around the 1950s.

"pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." "...since pink is closer to red, it was more appropriate for boys because red is a "fierce" color, whereas blue was associated with girls."

Interestingly, through objective studies, it has been found that females gravitate to pinks naturally and males tend to favor blues when given the choice.

Also, oddly enough, by branding gays with pink triangles in the concentration camps - it may have been Hitler who turned the tide against the color pink being considered masculine in western societies.

And....back to the thread...

Pink was actually considered a masculine color and blues were feminine up until around the 1950s.

"pink being a more decided and stronger color is more suitable for the boy, while blue, which is more delicate and dainty, is prettier for the girl." "...since pink is closer to red, it was more appropriate for boys because red is a "fierce" color, whereas blue was associated with girls."

Interestingly, through objective studies, it has been found that females gravitate to pinks naturally and males tend to favor blues when given the choice.

Also, oddly enough, by branding gays with pink triangles in the concentration camps - it may have been Hitler who turned the tide against the color pink being considered masculine in western societies.

And....back to the thread...

You may have just out done casey... :clap:

Denise Cameron renews with Team Latitude 64 for a seventh year.

(Source: Facebook post by D.C.)

Not a sponsor switch but a NEW sponsorship for the guy who is in his upper 30's. I have followed his YouTube channel since late 2016 early 2017. Rec Rob or Robert __ I forget his last name.

^^^ See...you had a perfect chance to self plug your full name, pdga number, prodigy page, but you didn't run with it. ;)

Zoe moving on from DD is more of a shock to me than Paige leaving, mainly because, with all due respect, who is going to give her a better sponsorship than DD? She's a 928 rated player with less than $2k in 2019 tour earnings.

After Paige Shue, that leaves Tina Oakley @ 891 rated and brought in $18.00 in 2019 tour earnings as the only other FPO pro on their touring team. Really is surprising to me because I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that FPO was a big thing for them. :confused:

Zoe moving on from DD is more of a shock to me than Paige leaving, mainly because, with all due respect, who is going to give her a better sponsorship than DD? She's a 928 rated player with less than $2k in 2019 tour earnings.

After Paige Shue, that leaves Tina Oakley @ 891 rated and brought in $18.00 in 2019 tour earnings as the only other FPO pro on their touring team. Really is surprising to me because I (perhaps wrongly) assumed that FPO was a big thing for them. :confused:

Maybe it was like a few years ago with Discraft where the respect for female players was just not there? I think maybe Dynamic Disc is planing on getting top unsigned rookie PT/NT players in respect to disc manufacture and build the relationship that way in a once they are good enough the player does not want to leave due to how locked in they feel due to the discs they have been using for years. Though for now plan for Dynamic Disc is to the Use YouTube people Like Danny Lindhal and Rec Rob that have a dedicated following so they can put them in the lower tiers of sponsorship and not need to pay a player as much as top touring pro players.

Though some of the best like Paul McBeth can switch over without much of a problem from one brand to the next and not loose at all, in fact gain more momentum with Discraft then with the Innova discs he has been using even back to his Prodigy days when Prodigy was just a bag and apparel company.

Though some of the best like Paul McBeth can switch over without much of a problem from one brand to the next and not loose at all, in fact gain more momentum with Discraft then with the Innova discs he has been using even back to his Prodigy days when Prodigy was just a bag and apparel company.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Dynamic. McBeth was with Dynamic when it was just a retail/apparel store.

Prodigy was created specifically to be a disc manufacturer...and McBeth famously rejected them to stay with Innova.

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

Dynamic. McBeth was with Dynamic when it was just a retail/apparel store.

Prodigy was created specifically to be a disc manufacturer...and McBeth famously rejected them to stay with Innova.

Sorry, I got the two companies mixed up, yeah I do remember Dynamic Disc was an Apparel/Logo Disc Stamp company starting in the mid to late 2000's. I just though that Prodigy was similar boat before making discs.

From what I remember Prodigy did not have disc for the first year or two in existence and when they started making own line of discs, they had a number of players leave, not that having that many top level touring players was sustainable for a new company. At least that is the story I have read on here.

Back in the day, word was that PMB reneged on a verbal agreement to be a part of the original release Prodigy gang. I believe money had even exchanged hands.
Oh, what Prodigy could have been!!

Not sure it's just a women's thing. DD/Trilogy seems to be hemorrhaging pros of every gender...