• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova Disc Real Armspeed Real Performance Riddle

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
(disclaimer...if you don't like my thread please ignore and go away)

I am wondering if anyone really knows Innova

Simple Question That I am wondering if anyone can answer

Every Disc if thrown at the proper speed will fly perfectly straight from release to the earth.

Assuming all weights are equal and all discs are brand new Star Plastic place these discs in the order of arm speed required to promote an absolute straight flight. No high speed turn and no meathook fade.

Beast
Boss
Destroyer
Eagle
Excalibur
Firebird
Katana
Leopard
Monster
Orc
Sidewinder
Tee Bird
Tee Rex
Valkyrie
Wraith

This is an exercise in knowledge and cut and paste skills

I am sure few will understand the question and many won'y care....I find it an interesting way to understand the full spectrum of discs out there.

My first attempt

Monster
Boss
Excalibur
Tee Rex
Firebird
Destroyer
Katana
Tee Bird
Orc
Wraith
Eagle
Beast
Valkyrie
Leopard
Sidewinder

I think armspeed is a really bad term as the speed of your arm should be a small contributing factor in the true big picture scheme of your throw.

Max
Monster
Firebird
Excalibur
Tee Rex
Boss
Destroyer
Eagle
Wraith
Tee Bird
Orc
Katana
Beast
Valkyrie
Leopard
Sidewinder

Monster
Firebird
XCaliber
Boss
Destroyer
TeeRex
Wraith
Eagle
Orc
Tee Bird
Beast
Valkyrie
Katana
Sidewinder
Leopard

I think biscoe got it... if I understand correctly...

boss
katana
destroyer
xcalibur
Tee Rex
Wraith
Monster
Valkyrie
Firebird
Sidewinder
Beast
Tee Bird
Eagle
Leopard
Orc

huh? I'm not dissing the thread, I just truly don't understand the question. Was there even a question? You said there was a question!

I like riddles...but is the TeeBird african or european?

Attachments

• monty.JPG
    monty.JPG
    11.7 KB · Views: 8
but some (most) of those discs are designed to have high speed turn/low speed fade. Especially if new, I dont see how many of them could be thrown perfectly straight.

Beast Boss Destroyer Eagle Excalibur Firebird Katana Leopard Monster Orc Sidewinder Tee Bird Tee Rex Valkyrie Wraith

All the same. Just drop them and they go straight to the ground.

first....
http://www.gottagogottathrow.com/discgolf/pdf/JoesFlightChart1.pdf

go download joes flight chart he's already done this (see "power requirement).

Every Disc if thrown at the proper speed will fly perfectly straight from release to the earth.
your question assumes that all discs are the same and the only factor that makes them differ is arm speed....

the design of each disc determines it's propensity to fade, turnover, etc.... as a result... IF YOU THROW A FIREBIRD and a SIDEWINDER (both speed 10 discs) at their SUGGESTED speed rating aka arm speed) they will both fly completely different.... This is due to aerodynamics.

by definition, Innova has done your experiment and called the rating you seek ("SPEED").

optidisc... i would have thought you would know the answer to your question cold...:confused:

Last edited:
IF YOU THROW A FIREBIRD and a SIDEWINDER (both speed 10 discs) at their SUGGESTED speed rating aka arm speed) they will both fly completely different.... This is due to aerodynamics.

exactly...So a Firebird would be above a Sidewinder on the list because it would require a faster armspeed to get it to go straight.

ive never felt inspired to throw many of these so i may be way off.

boss
katana
xcaliber
monster
tee rex
destroyer
firebird
beast
teebird
valkyrie
wraith
orc