• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova Disc Real Armspeed Real Performance Riddle

I chose the str8 idea as it was a way to rank them...I could have chosen when a disc turns and burns or when a disc fades out but I chose str8. (I should of chosen straightish as a term to avoid garubladors wrath)
But do you see why that's not a good way to do it? A disc flying straight like that from a flat throw is in many cases more of a function of the line you throw than the speed. Ranking them by speed when it's at least as much a matter of line chosen isn't horribly useful. A couple of us tried to show that by illustrating that simply dropping each disc will give the desired result and would give all of the discs equal ranking.

I still find it interesting that there are different lists generated and that just proves my point that many have a different understanding or belief system about the discs they play with....I was hoping to promote some discussion about why people felt differently but have found myself being attacked for being different.
Flings Pizza at Garublador

That doesn't prove your point, it only proves that this exercize/game/whatever you came up with is senseless and the results are meaningless.

Maybe the list of discs should have been more random and contained less wider rimmed drivers. I think alot of DGR disciples (no pun intended) saw a red flag and got scared off simply because the list contained some wide rimmed drivers which they all claim to not use. Play a round with them though and out come the Destroyers.

I find it very interesting how the list, after you put it in order, just happens to correlate perfectly with skill level requirement. The higher the disc is on the list the harder it will be to throw correctly. The lower the disc is on the list, the easier it will be to throw correctly.

No, it's not about which discs are in the bag- it's that many of those aren't ment to fly straight. The only way to get a straight line out of some of them is to throw it low enough to take fade out of play.
So if your throwing a boss on a five ft apex, and the leo on a 15 ft apex then it renders the "exercise" useless.

Maybe the list of discs should have been more random and contained less wider rimmed drivers. I think alot of DGR disciples (no pun intended) saw a red flag and got scared off simply because the list contained some wide rimmed drivers which they all claim to not use. Play a round with them though and out come the Destroyers.

I find it very interesting how the list, after you put it in order, just happens to correlate perfectly with skill level requirement. The higher the disc is on the list the harder it will be to throw correctly. The lower the disc is on the list, the easier it will be to throw correctly.

I don't know why the DGR guys attacked my thread...amazing how they so arrogantly destroyed the thread

I don't know why it was taken so literally and concrete....I basically wanted people to have some fun and discuss how stability and speed can influence a disc
Many throw a disc thats too fast for them as a flex or fade disc and others throw a meathook as their fade or flex disc
I also think the list correwsponds to skill and power level of the throwers
I disagree that some of these discs cannot be thrown straight.....go play a mountain course and you will see banshees firebirds excals and monsters flipping over and flying straight
It was a fun way to see where discs would fall in order of resistance...either wind or player generated
For some reason it was like we kicked their mother in the stomach or something

No one "arrogantly attacked your thread", stop whining and realize your question was not phrased very well nor it is a very useful exercise.

I disagree that some of these discs cannot be thrown straight.....go play a mountain course and you will see banshees firebirds excals and monsters flipping over and flying straight

lol.

*looks back to Garu's post about just dropping discs straight down*

So close

So close...

Here is a list of discs which ones would be easiest to balance on a potato (please list from easiest to hardest):

Vision
xXx
Xtreme
Roc
Buzzz
Comet
Wizard
#2 flyer
Magic
Xcal
Boss
Katana
Predator
Tsunami
Core

That list completely sucks and shows your lack of knowledge about discs and potatoes (spelled with an E Jackhole)

Comet
Wizard
#2 flyer
Magic
Xcal
Boss
Katana
Predator
Tsunami
Core
Vision
xXx
Xtreme
Roc
Buzzz

Everyone knows a comet is just understable enough to balance on a potatoe...even a redskin and how you can consider a Vision as the top of the list...hell potatoes are not even native to sweden

That list completely sucks and shows your lack of knowledge about discs and potatoes (spelled with an E Jackhole)

Comet
Wizard
#2 flyer
Magic
Xcal
Boss
Katana
Predator
Tsunami
Core
Vision
xXx
Xtreme
Roc
Buzzz

Everyone knows a comet is just understable enough to balance on a potatoe...even a redskin and how you can consider a Vision as the top of the list...hell potatoes are not even native to sweden

It's only spelled with an "E" if it's plural. Potato. Potatoes. Get it? Got it? Good.

you know what......screw all the redskin potatoes...I'm not afraid to say it....redskins been screwing up this country for years...nothing better than skinning a bunch of redskins before your burn em up dead!!!! Yeah I said it so now what???

Latest posts