• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Innova Disc Real Armspeed Real Performance Riddle

Here is my guess:

Monster
Excalibur
Destroyer
Tee Rex
Boss
Katana
Firebird
Orc
Eagle
Wraith
Tee Bird
Beast
Valkyrie
Sidewinder
Leopard

Is there a reason you left off some (Max, Starfire, Roadrunner, etc.)?

Excalibur
Monster
Firebird
Tee Rex
Boss
Destroyer
Wraith
Orc
Tee Bird
Katana
Beast
Valkyrie
Leopard
Sidewinder

Was trying to keep it neat and tidy and only star plastic. Roadrunner sl tl fl starfire and
max are missing Max would be at the top and rr at the bottom of that list

Excalibur
Boss
Monster
Firebird
Orc
Destroyer
Tee Bird
Katana
Tee Rex
Beast
Wraith
Valkyrie
Sidewinder
Leopard

Every Disc if thrown at the proper speed will fly perfectly straight from release to the earth.

That assumption is just wrong. But let's play along :

Excalibur
Boss
Destroyer
Wraith
Katana
Leopard
Valkyrie
Sidewinder

( totaly stupid to assume that you throw the Leopard the same speed and angle as the Xcaliber. It will roll if you do that... )

Discs i dont know and have never thrown :

Beast
Monster
Orc
Tee Bird
Eagle
Tee Rex
Firebird

?????????? The order is meant to be in the order of speed to keep the discs flying straight so the speeds are ordered from greatest to slowest in order of what amt speed to fly str8

Calling me totally stupid??? Thems fighting words for a Swiss guy. Wow. I think u r misunderstanding the concept here. I'm learning that many don't understand English or discs.

Seems like you feel compelled to tell about every other poster that they 'failed to understand' your 'riddle.'

Understand that it is a fart-less endeavor to put these in order to begin with.

The real riddle here might be:

What is more useless than the holes in swiss cheese?

I just think a supplemental list across all manufacturers would be helpful and less confusing for many.
I also find it interesting how many different lists are created. Not so easy it seems

Its not so easy because some discs would require obscene speed to fly straight, if its even possible. Then, some discs are far more LSS than they are HSS so if you throw them to where they are straight when flying fast, they still are going to fade unless you throw them to where they are in the ground before the low speed flight.

Of course all discs would fade at the end of flight. But for the sake of the exercise I figured you could all assume we were talking about some kind of low line or constant speed. Such as a prevailing wind or A long downhill where speed would be maintained. I should have posed the question like this.
Take all these discs brand new in star plastic at 175g and release them with equal eternal spin into a neverending eternal wind tunnel and place them in order of tunnel windspeed required to keep them aloft and straight from greatest to least amt of windspeed required.
Such a question would seem ludicrous to most as it is not practical but would be greatly beneficial as a supplementary way to understand discs

head explode now

Seems like you feel compelled to tell about every other poster that they 'failed to understand' your 'riddle.'

Understand that it is a fart-less endeavor to put these in order to begin with.

The real riddle here might be:

What is more useless than the holes in swiss cheese?

Disagree it seems a lot of players have an understanding of this from playing and experience and to me it is beneficial to know and definetely would help a discraft thrower or a beginner to understand the meatier vs creampuffier discs. Besides I find it interesting and useful and would like to see such a list for other companies as I only understand innova.

Of course all discs would fade at the end of flight. But for the sake of the exercise I figured you could all assume we were talking about some kind of low line or constant speed. Such as a prevailing wind or A long downhill where speed would be maintained. I should have posed the question like this.
Take all these discs brand new in star plastic at 175g and release them with equal eternal spin into a neverending eternal wind tunnel and place them in order of tunnel windspeed required to keep them aloft and straight from greatest to least amt of windspeed required.
Such a question would seem ludicrous to most as it is not practical but would be greatly beneficial as a supplementary way to understand discs

head explode now

Given the stipulation of impossible hypotheticals, I think I will just follow rule 1. ;)

(disclaimer...if you don't like my thread please ignore and go away)

There are a lot of flaws with this thought experiment and I question the usefulness of thinking it through.

There are a lot of flaws with this thought experiment and I question the usefulness of thinking it through.

thank you for realizing it was a thought experiment

I just think it's interesting how difficulty of throwing a disc is related to both stability and speed required to throw a disc to its flight potential.
There is no diagram or ranking of discs based on difficulty to throw straight and most of us have come to understand this through experience or years of gained knowledge
Try to imagine being a newcomer to the game and trying to decide what to throw.....a firebird is slower than a beast but for some reason it turns left on me?
I also found it interesting the wide fluctuations that the katana moves based on the results
I find it interesting and fun and it is practical as well
Is this the only way to think of discs...hell no...but as a supplemental way to view discs I think it can only help

I have to agree, especially when the best answer is "just drop them" and one of the conclusions is that a beat BB Aviar can be thrown farther than a Destroyer.

who ever said to throw at the same speed? Where did I mention to throw each disc at the same speed? Where are you getting this from?:wall:

frank and Garu I am curious if you have even tried to complete the list?
I respect both of your opinions and wonder if you can rank them in order of hardest to easiest to keep straight?

frank and Garu I am curious if you have even tried to complete the list?
I respect both of your opinions and wonder if you can rank them in order of hardest to easiest to keep straight?
I think that "just drop them" is the best way to keep them all going straight so they'll all be ranked the same. Otherwise I believe that not only the premise, but the way the question is worded is so flawed that trying to rank them like that is meaningless.

Garu
can you throw a firebird straight
can you throw a sidewinder straight
which requires more zip to do so
fill in all discs by this measure
I just think it's interesting how difficulty of throwing a disc is related to both stability and speed required to throw a disc to its flight potential.
There is no diagram or ranking of discs based on difficulty to throw straight and most of us have come to understand this through experience or years of gained knowledge

Why is throwing a straight it's "flight potential" and there is no diagram on how hard it is to throw a disc straight b/c not all discs are meant to go straight. Your largest flaw is assuming that each disc's ideal flight is straight with no fade which is not true. The flight path charts Innova has on their sites show the intended or "ideal" flight each disc will have when throw correctly and (i assume) new. You will notice that hardly any have a perfectly straight flight.

Latest posts