• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

I agree that the rival and patriot have superior glide but I think the Rico's hit the mark if they were looking for a fast distance driver that will hold up in the wind. Superior glide sounds like a code words for understable for 400'+ power throwers.

Steve had no problems with those big hyzers holding a line or flexing bombs on the discgolfguy youtube vid and as stein already points out its wider than the destroyer so no surprise its faster.

timj, try a bio trespass for a glidey speed 11.

Tried the trespass already, although it worked at times I just never found the right angles on it. The one I had wAs understable, I was surprised. I'm looking for something to throw flat, hard and hold forever, maybe get little turn. Just like everyone else, I'm always seeking the disc that will consistently put me out another 50 ft but I'm not willing to sacrifice consistent play if the disc is inconsistent for me and unpredictable like the trespass, havoc, bolt were for me sadly.

DGC has 7 outlaws left in their restock all <169g and in orange & wine colors only. Been trolling sites for a week now looking for reorders in stock, now I got myself 2 of them - one in orange and one in wine - both at 168g.

Anybody hear how either of these color icons are flying?

I threw Burgundy too. I was really surprised at how much I liked it. Much more controllable than I expected.

yeah i got a chance to throw it a good bit on the course over the weekend.. there are a couple holes around here where it will work perfectly! and the skip.. wow i love it lol .. now too much for to try and get open max d with .. so far anyway unless i just try and torque monkey it but its staying in the bag for those times where i may need it .. cant wait to see what it can do once i bet the snot out of it :D

DGC has 7 outlaws left in their restock all <169g and in orange & wine colors only. Been trolling sites for a week now looking for reorders in stock, now I got myself 2 of them - one in orange and one in wine - both at 168g.

I've been throwing a 168 orange and 173 purple. Orange is a softer blend of plastic, it pops up to flat from a shallow hyper and just holds. No noticeable turn yet, but it's still pretty new. Nice forward fade. Purple is more resistant to the flip up, it just holds the release angle until it slows down. I keep expecting it to hyper out more than it does, but it just keeps gliding straight. I'm putting these out a consistent 25-35ft further than my Destroyers- 425 on a smooth 80% pull. I'm a big fan.

Anyone get their Legend plastic Outlaws yet? mine should be here tomorrow or the next day.
I have a lime from the first batch but haven't thrown it. Waiting on the Fling silver surfer to get here. I'll throw that one this weekend.

The orange are absolute crushers. I have a pink, white and orange. Pink and white are both 174 and super os, but the orange flexes way out for and goes the farthest. It is also awesome on flicks. My orange outlaw was the first disc I've been able to flex out over 480 feet. Usually I am 4-450.

I've been throwing a 168 orange and 173 purple. Orange is a softer blend of plastic, it pops up to flat from a shallow hyper and just holds. No noticeable turn yet, but it's still pretty new. Nice forward fade. Purple is more resistant to the flip up, it just holds the release angle until it slows down. I keep expecting it to hyper out more than it does, but it just keeps gliding straight. I'm putting these out a consistent 25-35ft further than my Destroyers- 425 on a smooth 80% pull. I'm a big fan.

Now i'm really intrigued, i've just been not impressed with Destroyers inconsistency between runs, plastics, etc. that i've seen. This may have been asked already earlier, but what do you think of feel of it in comparison? I've never liked Nukes because the rim is just a little uncomfortable for my liking. But Star Destroyers and Wraiths feel nice imo.

Now i'm really intrigued, i've just been not impressed with Destroyers inconsistency between runs, plastics, etc. that i've seen. This may have been asked already earlier, but what do you think of feel of it in comparison? I've never liked Nukes because the rim is just a little uncomfortable for my liking. But Star Destroyers and Wraiths feel nice imo.

Ditto. I'm not fond of Nukes/Bosses/Cannons because I don't prefer the huge rim. The Outlaw feels really good in my hand. I don't have calipers and didn't look up the stats but it feels nearly indentical in rim size to a Destroyer. There is almost just the slightest hint of "plus" type rim feel to it, but barely. I don't like the standard Innova plus rims, or many of the Lat/WS/DD drivers because of the "plus-iness" but the Outlaw feels good and I have no release issues.

yeah i despise wide rims i just never liked them.. the Outlaw actually feels good in my hand for one reason or another .. again i for sure dont have the arm speed for it but damn it sure does feel good.. plastic is great kinda soft and very grippppyyyy and the rim is just i dunno how to explain it but feels great and comes out smooth

I have heard nothing but good things from people about how the Outlaw rim feels in the hand, to me the plastic and feel are top notch. But as far as consistency, Legacy imo is better than most of the large companies, but they do have their flight variance between plastic type and color like any other company. I stick to certain colors and plastics for the discs i throw and have never had consistency issues with Legacy, so at least they stay consistent within the same plastic/color, that's what matters most to me.

I made it to our new shop here in CLT yesterday, first chance I've had to feel up legacy plastic...very tasty. Forgive my ignorance, but whichever plastic they have that's shiny/tacky/gummy? The Outlaws in that kinda made me drool a little.

Finally we have a shop that has more than a wall of Innova and two rows of every other manuf. combined.

Forgive my ignorance, but whichever plastic they have that's shiny/tacky/gummy? The Outlaws in that kinda made me drool a little.

That's Icon plastic. I'm generally not a fan of the Star-type blends of plastic, but I'm in absolute lust with Icon.

That's Icon plastic. I'm generally not a fan of the Star-type blends of plastic, but I'm in absolute lust with Icon.

Seems like everyones trying to get that feel these days. I haven't really messed with Lat 64 for a while. Feeling up a few G line discs at the shop yesterday, it kind of blew my mind how much softer it is than originally.

I've still got an old River laying around that's stiffer than regular * plastic.

Ditto, Love the icon plastic, if the outlaws work out I may need to experiment with the other molds Legacy offers that people have been discussing. We'll see, i have a mixed manuf. bag now with discraft, innova, dynamic, and legacy (one cannon i dislike very much and am ready to move out of the bag) and i'll only start making changes when i need to replace discs so i do any switching slowly as not to wildly affect my expectations and confidence in the discs/molds in the bag. I'll have to switch over to another forum section and post my bag to see what people use to fill out their bags with Legacy...although legacy's website shows an "in the bag" for each of their sponsored pros

I made it to our new shop here in CLT yesterday, first chance I've had to feel up legacy plastic...very tasty. Forgive my ignorance, but whichever plastic they have that's shiny/tacky/gummy? The Outlaws in that kinda made me drool a little.

Finally we have a shop that has more than a wall of Innova and two rows of every other manuf. combined.

Where is this shop and what is it called?

I usually make it to the Crown Point area a couple times a year.

Last edited:
The word is..

Legend Outlaws with First Run "Legacy" Stamp to be released on DGBM soon.

That+s+the+most+brilliant+thing+i+ve+seen+in+ages+_f68edd8d2387ff032c569653b3cbe171.gif

Ok so ive read all 42 pages of this thread and it sounds like this is just a Destroyer made by Legacy. I can see why someone would like to throw it because the plastic is pretty, but for someone like me who has over 50 destroyers in a plastic I already like, cant justify shelling out money for them.

Ok so ive read all 42 pages of this thread and it sounds like this is just a Destroyer made by Legacy. I can see why someone would like to throw it because the plastic is pretty, but for someone like me who has over 50 destroyers in a plastic I already like, cant justify shelling out money for them.

I hear ya.. i was invested into S/DS destroyers a while back and was hesitant to replace them with anything for so long.

These Outlaws are in the same stability "category" as SOME destroyers, i would not avoid getting 1 and giving it a shot though. if you're a destroyer lover like me, these are an easy way of getting the "good destroyers" (imo) without having to hunt them down and pay $30-40. And the superior plastic is a huge plus too. Don't go in expecting a destroyer though, these have their own character out of the box, it grows on you.

Next time I see you, you should try one. You be at NSCC next week?