• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

Bubble... burst.

Totally a downer thing. I went to drop off some packages today and the doors were locked. I was very confused...lol. I was expecting discs today too. Not very happy. But, I understand they need time off too!

Ian right now.

angry-keyboard-user.gif

Ian right now.

angry-keyboard-user.gif

lol completely missed this.. but yeah needless to say i was not happy.. BUT..... it came yesterday!! but of course it was pouring ass rain and didnt have a chance to throw it.. but wow it feels amazing!! .. i have NEVER liked rims over 2cm just not comfy but this really feels good i was shocked :eek: .. plastic feels amazing too, its nice and grippy, has some nice flex to it and give in the plate so i can mash that thumb down .. i know honestly i dont truly have the arm speed for it but im going to throw it in the bag no matter what.. i cant wait to chuck it after work!!!!

lol completely missed this.. but yeah needless to say i was not happy.. BUT..... it came yesterday!! but of course it was pouring ass rain and didnt have a chance to throw it.. but wow it feels amazing!! .. i have NEVER liked rims over 2cm just not comfy but this really feels good i was shocked :eek: .. plastic feels amazing too, its nice and grippy, has some nice flex to it and give in the plate so i can mash that thumb down .. i know honestly i dont truly have the arm speed for it but im going to throw it in the bag no matter what.. i cant wait to chuck it after work!!!!

I threw Burgundy too. I was really surprised at how much I liked it. Much more controllable than I expected.

I've finally had the opportunity to put some real work in with a Pink Outlaw that I have, and I gotta say that I'm impressed. I used to cycle Rampages almost exclusively for all of my distance shots, but as my arm speed improved, I found that Rampages just couldn't stand up to the wind out here on the Central Coast. So I disced down to Destroyers for about the last year and a half because I knew what the overstable ones felt and looked like, and they were easily accessible. With this Pink Outlaw though, I have to say I could be making the switch back to Legacy for my distance shots. I will need to break one in obviously, but I'm excited for that to happen.

On to a flight review. My max distance with my beat Destroyer is somewhere around 450' for reference. My Outlaw is also fairly flat across the top. I was worried that the lack of a dome would cause it to have less glide, but so far I haven't really seen that to be a problem. If I really put some torque on this disc, I can get it to ride flat for about 380' before it wants to kick into its fade. And what a fade it is. It likes to fight forward for the first half of the fade I would say, but once it slows down it really falls off left (RHBH). I haven't really tried it on a distance line as of yet, but I have thrown it with a little anhyzer release, and it never showed any desire to turn over. It would ride for a little bit, but then settle into that straight line it loves to fly before its fade. I think I am going to wait for the production release before I get anymore because I don't want to pay First Run prices, but I am excited to start cycling these through as this one breaks in. The final product was worth the wait, and kudos to Legacy for not just rushing a mediocre disc out there to appease the crowds. :clap::clap::clap:

Its reminds me more of Discmania DD than anything else. But I'm still digging it. It pairs nicely with my Icon Rampage(which I can flip easier at higher speeds)

The red, green, pinks all seem to be a little more over-stable than the rest and definitely out of the box don't have the forward push you would see on the other colors, most notably the minimum weight yellow or purple have some some very forward fade out of the box, been enjoying my yellow for straight low line crushes.

Excited to get the max weight Red beat in though, that thing is beef right now and i hope to have it be my go-to a year form now.

Cant wait to get some legend and pinnacle runs also :p

Its reminds me more of Discmania DD than anything else. But I'm still digging it. It pairs nicely with my Icon Rampage(which I can flip easier at higher speeds)

Lol funny because that's about what I expected them to be, but maybe not quite as overstable as a DD. So do they have that wraith/surge-esque higher profile to them or are they a little lower profile like a destro/crank

Got some field work and a few rounds in with the Outlaws and here's my quick review: the two green outlaws I have are noticeably more overstable than my blue. The blue is overstable, but can be flipped up on a fast throw and has a very forward finishing fade. A very straight flying disc right now, similar in flight your average Star Destroyer. Having lost 4(!) destroyers over the past 6 months without replacing them (waiting for the Outlaw release...), I'm really happy with how the Outlaw turned out. I'm glad they took their time to get them right and didn't release them when they were too flippy. I'll be interested to see how these green ones beat in; I'm guessing they'll stay overstable for a really long time.

so... outlaws are supposedly: 12 5 -1 3

and then rampages rated at: 14 5 -1 4

but I trust your review of any disc of many here and its why trying to throw legacy distance drivers kills me. This disc is NOT what it was expected to be at all, ill say that again easily.

4 people were holding these up next to wraiths, destroyers and bosses and we all agreed that the disc had boss like shape to it. This thing is faster than my beat star destroyer. I was really hoping for a true 11 speed disc with superior glide much like the fairways the rival and patriot are. I throw in the 375-390 range so these don't excite me as much as I hoped.

4 people were holding these up next to wraiths, destroyers and bosses and we all agreed that the disc had boss like shape to it. This thing is faster than my beat star destroyer. I was really hoping for a true 11 speed disc with superior glide much like the fairways the rival and patriot are. I throw in the 375-390 range so these don't excite me as much as I hoped.

I agree that the rival and patriot have superior glide but I think the Rico's hit the mark if they were looking for a fast distance driver that will hold up in the wind. Superior glide sounds like a code words for understable for 400'+ power throwers.

Steve had no problems with those big hyzers holding a line or flexing bombs on the discgolfguy youtube vid and as stein already points out its wider than the destroyer so no surprise its faster.

timj, try a bio trespass for a glidey speed 11.