• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Legacy Outlaw

well i finally have an Icon Outlaw on the way!! .. I know going in that i dont have the arm for it and well i may never have the arm for it but going to toy with it anyway.. just cant resist .. Knowing me it may not make the bag since i dont like big rims and well its just way too too beefy at my arm speed but i may be able to find something i could use it for... im damn sure going to try and find a way to get it in the bag :)

did you get a 166 yellow?

There was 50, not sure if it was 50 total or 50 of each color (blue and green) but they sold out super fast, i forgot to set an alarm and missed out, they sold out in just a few minutes.

50 total and I missed out too. I don't think more than a few people got to buy them since there's no limit to the # of disc each person can buy. Pretty annoying, but I'm not too upset because I know some will be readily available before long.. and they'll have a more aesthetically pleasing stamp.

50 total and I missed out too. I don't think more than a few people got to buy them since there's no limit to the # of disc each person can buy. Pretty annoying, but I'm not too upset because I know some will be readily available before long.. and they'll have a more aesthetically pleasing stamp.

exactly what i was thinking, i want the ones with the legacy logo first run stamp anyways.

I wasn't going to grab one of these for most of reasons posted by ian, but a guy on the legacy FB had some 166 and 165 yellows so I snagged one of the 165's. Maybe I'll find a use for it, but I've been impressed with the legacy I've thrown so far so I figured what the heck.

I need to work on my impulse control :D

I wasn't going to grab one of these for most of reasons posted by ian, but a guy on the legacy FB had some 166 and 165 yellows so I snagged one of the 165's. Maybe I'll find a use for it, but I've been impressed with the legacy I've thrown so far so I figured what the heck.

I need to work on my impulse control :D

I was surprised at how workable my burgundy was for me, and I felt the same way as Ian about them. You're going to love it. :thmbup:

burgundy :gross: find my burgundy disc in the picture...

fallleaves.jpg

My Red, White and Blue have been getting crushed into trees the past few days and they are showing no sign of breaking in yet. :wall: The Red pairs great with the others though, it has the perfect skip for a low ceiling hyzer i could never get without my beef destroyer but these do it just as well, if not better. Time to sell my S/DS collection before their inflated fanboy price bottoms out :p

Find the white disc in the picture...
white_snow.jpg

We're a lot closer to snow, and I had no trouble finding the burgundy today.

Most of the good courses around here close in the winter time. Too bad global warming isn't real, then i could be disc golfing in January.

i can only hope that our children will be able to see the day where they can comfortably dg in the winter

Migrate to California...the biggest problem I had last winter was figuring out how to stuff a light long sleeve shirt in my squirrel monkey after a few holes :p
A lot of the rest of living here isn't worth it, but the weather helps.

Anyhow, I'm excited to throw that outlaw, and the other legacy I have coming in the mail also

Migrate to California...the biggest problem I had last winter was figuring out how to stuff a light long sleeve shirt in my squirrel monkey after a few holes :p
A lot of the rest of living here isn't worth it, but the weather helps.

Anyhow, I'm excited to throw that outlaw, and the other legacy I have coming in the mail also

What else do you have coming?

I grabbed a pair of 168 Patriots, one pinnacle and one icon from DGC and a pair of Rivals from the same guy that I bought the Outlaw from. 168 pinnacle and 166 icon on the rivals.

It'll be a fun experiment to see how they compliment the Bandit I have, and also to see how they compare to my current selection of FD's.

I grabbed a pair of 168 Patriots, one pinnacle and one icon from DGC and a pair of Rivals from the same guy that I bought the Outlaw from. 168 pinnacle and 166 icon on the rivals.

It'll be a fun experiment to see how they compliment the Bandit I have, and also to see how they compare to my current selection of FD's.

Patriots and FD's are not that comparable. Patriots are exponentially better. ;)

Been carrying a coupe of Outlaws in my bag for about 10 days now, 1 red and 1 blue. The red is pure beefcake and flies a similar line to a Champ XCal. The blue is pretty straight with a moderate fade to it, similar to an AJ Destroyer. The red stands up to the wind without any issues. The blue has a bit of turn, but still comes back at the end. These compliment my Tern's quite nicely. I could see these eventually knocking my Tern's out of the bag tough once I get a couple worked in.

Seems like people want this disc to be something its not. From xcal to tern one mold shouldn't be able to fill that spot at all specially considering how US some terns get I don't see the outlaw ever flying like those do.

Im still wondering how these actually fly and seems more OS than people expected.

I just dont understand how these are replacing Wraiths for Rico.

Agreed. They need to take quite a beating to be comparable to a Wraith

so its another rampage with different feel?

Seems like people want this disc to be something its not. From xcal to tern one mold shouldn't be able to fill that spot at all specially considering how US some terns get I don't see the outlaw ever flying like those do.

It's called cycling disc's. It's no different than people cycling Forces or Destroyers. I have seen those molds fly understable lines just like a Tern does. I would lump the Outlaw in with the Force and Destroyer in terms of speed and stability. I can easily see how players will be able to cycle Outlaws by next spring and cover the overstable to understable distance driver slot.