• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Going through my stack of discs, found a Proto Raptor.

Are these worth anything? Not sure what plastic it is, a softer/flexible, chalky plastic

Has rainbow Raptor stamp on front, Proto stamp on back

New Pteros and Raptors are up on the RDG site. Love the stamps on them!

Nearly sold out in a day...

The Ptero stamp is one of my favorites. That mold has definitely become one of my most thrown. Perfect for open fairway bombs due to the RIDICULOUS glide for how stable the mold is.

I just bought one of these X out Stegos. Who wants to bet on how far I can throw it? lol

I just bought one of these X out Stegos. Who wants to bet on how far I can throw it? lol

I'm pretty sure you'll be throwing it less distance than the Justices that you like. So, if you can throw a Justice 300 ft, then a Stego will go perhaps 250 ft for you. And, it will hit the ground near vertical most of the time.

I'm pretty sure you'll be throwing it less distance than the Justices that you like. So, if you can throw a Justice 300 ft, then a Stego will go perhaps 250 ft for you. And, it will hit the ground near vertical most of the time.

Judging by how blunt it is, I think you may be right. The current shortest disc in my bag is the Harp. I max those at 280, it should be interesting to see if I can get anywhere near that with the Stego.

I went back to get another one of those x-out Stegos and they were all gone....:doh:

Guess I'll wait for the next run of Tyrants and whenever the Stego mold gets fixed. The Stego I got went straight into the bag. I never really knew I needed a disc like that but... wow. It fits my FH approach game to a tea. I'm pleased! :thmbup:

I got my Stego and hope to try it today! That rim is funky, but looks like it could be a ton of fun.

The Gila I got was a missprint, but looks great. It has a red stamp on top of a golf, with a black on bottom and looks like a cool shadow thing.

In doubt it will chase my Bards, they have been a big part of my game for a couple of years. But I'll give it a chance.

Armor Ptero vs Pinnacle Rival

How do the new run of Armor Pteros fly compared to, say, a Pinnacle Rival (not the new blend)?

I'm looking for something stable-understable as a compliment to my Rival, and I'm wondering if these would if the bill.

Any news on when the next run of the pit scales is going to happen?

It's starting to get chilly up north and nothing beats the buttery feel and sleek, sexy look of the tarpits when it's cold

How do the new run of Armor Pteros fly compared to, say, a Pinnacle Rival (not the new blend)?

I'm looking for something stable-understable as a compliment to my Rival, and I'm wondering if these would if the bill.

I got one of the latest runs of the Ptero. The plastic feels amazing. It's like old Star plastic. I would say mine flies like a seasoned Teebird out of the box. It's almost an instant replacement for a worn *T. On a flat release, it shows a hint of turn and a mellow but still consistent and dependable fade that brings it right back to dead center or just left of center for a RHBH shot. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this thing seasons. I can't say enough about how good and firm this plastic feels.

Any news on when the next run of the pit scales is going to happen?

It's starting to get chilly up north and nothing beats the buttery feel and sleek, sexy look of the tarpits when it's cold

You could probably search hard and find it, but I think JC said they were hard to run, or the plastic was hard to use or something so they didn't run them often.

I love mine. Possibly the best disc I don't bag.

I got my Stego and hope to try it today! That rim is funky, but looks like it could be a ton of fun.

The Gila I got was a missprint, but looks great. It has a red stamp on top of a golf, with a black on bottom and looks like a cool shadow thing.

In doubt it will chase my Bards, they have been a big part of my game for a couple of years. But I'll give it a chance.
How's that stego crashing for a strong FH like you?