• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

SHAMELESS FANBOYING BELOW:

I just won our Spring 10 Week League tonight and I 100% credit my game improving so rapidly this spring to the reliability of the Tyrant, Scale and Plutonium which have become the absolute core of my bag.

Kudos and thanks to jcass and kelgart for putting these molds out there and everything you guys are doing to produce some of the most consistent products on the market AND actually listening to the things your customers want in a disc. It is very much appreciated.

I know a few guys from my league have picked up Scales and Lithiums after trying mine out, I will keep spreading the gospel of Faction as often as I can.

(Now about that Croc, Gila and Lotus Stamped Plutonium...)

Spreading the RDG love! In my three weekly leagues, I've gotten a few people hooked on some RDG molds (Tyrant and Scale specifically) Ended up handing out some Scales and Serpents and then donating some newer ones as CTP/LP prizes for leagues.

Then, this past week there was a reddit thread about a guy who had his bag and all his discs stolen out of his car and the community responded in force! He posted pictures of the outpouring of discs he received, but he was still using what appeared to be a lunch bag as his DG bag, so since I have WAAAAAY too many bags lying around, I offered him something a little larger/better. Turns out, my old Innova Competition bag that I used for prolly 7-8 years (still in great shape, just a little dirty) was the exact bag and color scheme he had stolen. So, I packed it up, threw a Scale, Serpent, Tyrant, RDG mini and a couple Discmania molds in there since from the pictures of about 50 discs he received, he was missing putters and OS plastic. Hopefully, that gets another hucker hooked on the serpentine goodness of dino-delight. :D

I thought about throwing a Stego in, but that's more novelty for most players and I have a limited quantity of those. I have about 40 Scales and 15 Serpents, so I didn't mind giving a few of those away.

Scale was great for me tonight at doubles, even if upshots were all I could contribute.
Stego was used a few times, got some good laughs from the big arms who were getting about 150ft full power. Shocking thing was my partner said he was on a card recently with someone who uses them as a putting putter.

Scale was great for me tonight at doubles, even if upshots were all I could contribute.
Stego was used a few times, got some good laughs from the big arms who were getting about 150ft full power. Shocking thing was my partner said he was on a card recently with someone who uses them as a putting putter.

Just for kicks and gigs, I grabbed my three Stegos last night and went to town on my putting basket. After a few throws of adjusting, I got to the point where I was hitting about 70% from 30'. I was fine with that. However, when I grabbed my Serpents and actually tried to do some putting practice, that was an adjustment after 30 minutes of Stego putting. LOL! :D

So is there going to be another run of Stegos anytime soon? I lost my first one somehow. So now I have no backup.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

So is there going to be another run of Stegos anytime soon? I lost my first one somehow. So now I have no backup.

We tried to re-order some here at Infinite Discs and we were told that the mold broke. So until they make a new mold, the Stego will be unavailable. We sure hope it gets sorted out soon. That's a cool disc!

Just got the RDG Croc in, and we'll be listing it soon.

Wondering if Element/RDG are going to make some more runs of stuff??? Would love to see some more Scale,Serpent,Iridium, Plutoniums !

Ohhh. The old days of sweet new stamps every few weeks. I bounce back and forth between beat in Scales and Serpents quite a bit, but my Serpent stack is only about 8 high, with almost 30 Scales in comparison. I would love to get some Classy Gator Serpents or some other bitchin' stamps. More and more, I'm preferring Serpents for putts 35' and in and driving/approaches with the Scale. Just need a better collection of Serps.

I have a super sweet old school Rock hard fossil Scale with a lotus stamp. I don't really use anymore - if anyone has interest. Also a bunch of other things Gators SE A2 A3 . need to save up for some baby stuff haha

We tried to re-order some here at Infinite Discs and we were told that the mold broke. So until they make a new mold, the Stego will be unavailable. We sure hope it gets sorted out soon. That's a cool disc!

Just got the RDG Croc in, and we'll be listing it soon.
Man that sucks. I love my Stego. An absolute must have in my bag. I hope the can remake the mold

They probably need to eject the Stego out of the mold on an anny line, flat releases will have too much fade, which is probably why the mold broke.

But seriously, I hope this gets fixed. I'd buy a couple of more like the early flexible Stegos, I like them much more better than the more firm later runs.

The Stego mold was actually cut into the Devil hawk.

I've been talking with Dave about getting more involved with GDS marketing, distribution and such. We may be making a push into a Discmania/Innova type relationship.

If successful, I think Dave will be more inclined to make more frequent runs of our products.

I've been talking with Dave about getting more involved with GDS marketing, distribution and such. We may be making a push into a Discmania/Innova type relationship.

If successful, I think Dave will be more inclined to make more frequent runs of our products.

As long as you guys keep running orange FF Scales. The feel of those ones specifically gets me all hot and sweaty

I see RDG shirts listed now and it looks like they're being screened-to-order by a 3rd party. Is there any way to get other colors? I would love an RDG shirt, but (sorry for this overshare) I'm a sweaty maaah-lover and I stick with black cotton Ts to not appear as gross as I am. :D Long story short, is there a way to order the RDG shirts on black cotton?

Is the FACTION still a thing? I go to the site but it just takes me to Element. I've been addicted to those putters tho. Iridium, Scale, Plutonium, Serpent. I just found a couple Plutoniums that I haven't gotten to try out yet, so far tho Im rolling with a Iridium Serpent combo and its working out well. I hope you guys keep making these discs and keep coming out with new stuff. FYI if you could make a Nova-style disc that's slightly more OS ;) ;) But the Iridium and Scale fill that spot fairly well already

Is the FACTION still a thing? I go to the site but it just takes me to Element. I've been addicted to those putters tho. Iridium, Scale, Plutonium, Serpent. I just found a couple Plutoniums that I haven't gotten to try out yet, so far tho Im rolling with a Iridium Serpent combo and its working out well. I hope you guys keep making these discs and keep coming out with new stuff. FYI if you could make a Nova-style disc that's slightly more OS ;) ;) But the Iridium and Scale fill that spot fairly well already

We are all still making products for sure.
RDG and Ozone just released new molds this past month.

Faction as a unit however is on the back burner as all three of us have different motivations, commitments and marketing strategies.

We support each other a lot behind the scenes and we are still fighting the good fight for Craft DG... Just not as a trio.

Latest posts