• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Following how impressed I was with my Scale and Element Plutonium (not RDG, but an RDG top so I am counting it) earlier this week, my Tyrant (Armor) arrived today. Can certainly say Faction/RDG is 3/3 in my book now. This Tyrant might actually allow me to fill out a bag all below 7 - speed as this thing is true "Firebird-slot" control in a 7-speed disc. Pinpoint in the 30 minutes out in the field, perfect low-ish glide for what I want in a control driver. This thing from my initial throws, is looking like a low-ceiling OS workhorse.

I guess I am on the Faction bus. Now back to putting on my day off with these killer Plutoniums (these are going to pair so damn well with my new Scales I think.)

You're going to love the Tyrant
I lost one of mine yesterday in a spot where it will be found at some point
My number is on it but I'm not expecting to get a call once someone picks it up - maybe they'll call without throwing it first (yeah, right)

Having a weird issue with my fossil wizards. Low putts.

Can't really figure out why. I'm not having the problem with any other wiz. Maybe it's the grip. Maybe it's all in my mind...

Having a weird issue with my fossil wizards. Low putts.

Can't really figure out why. I'm not having the problem with any other wiz. Maybe it's the grip. Maybe it's all in my mind...

Probably need to season them in a bit more.

I too struggle with afresh fossil Wiz putting because they're pretty stable.
A beat one gains glide and will provide that last bit of touch into the chains.

Or.... Aim higher like i fail to....

You might be right. Still a 50% chance it's mental.

I always tell myself to aim high but no good. Weak arm I suppose. Soft serve ice cream.

Stiff Fossil Wizards - the stiffest ones on the racks were pulled for this stamping... and what a stamping it is! The twice-stamped RDG X-Ray design... only seen on some RDG molds a few years back, it has been resurrected for this great run!

These are being sold as 2-packs and all will be shipped in cardboard mailing boxes to ensure no warping or damage from softer bubble mailers!

http://www.factiondg.com/store/p448/Fossil_Wizards_-_RDG_X-RAY_STAMP_(2_Pack).html

Attachments

• 17671129_10154566697019117_618381445_n.jpg
    17671129_10154566697019117_618381445_n.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 24
10% off coupon for folks here for the fossil wizards - use code: dgcr at checkout to get the discount. Basically that makes them $12.62 each plus the shipping charge.

i miss the days where lizards were $10-$11, sans discount coupon

Yeah - Jamie (and I) know that... but we can't help when costs increase to us either, including cost for shipping two discs going up to $4.77, decent cardboard box packaging being about $0.75, that puts the cost for just the shipping aspect to $5.50 (not including costs for paper, labels, ink, etc - not going to dig that deep for this one)...

So the $33 - $5.50 puts it at $27.50 or $13.75 each for these double-foil stamps.
With the coupon, it is $30 - $5.50 putting it at $24.50 or $12.25 each.

Would be great if costs would go down, but not many things in this work that are done in smaller batch style get cheaper - oftentimes we are absorbing a lot of upfront costs and increases, but at some point it then becomes a decision between not doing it or increasing the costs a little bit to customers... and from the customer side, you then of course have the option to buy or to pass.

Just to be clear, not looking to justify or be sarcastic in my explanation - just sharing the info on hand. It would be great if we collectively as the faction were even larger so that our costs for creating unique stuff was cheaper, but the flipside is that almost every company that gets bigger ends up losing a chunk of what made them great in the first place...

Now I am just getting depressed by the vicious cycle :)

:wall::\

Didn't know where to put this, but the stamp does say RDG on it.
Does anyone still have the "bigger bird" roc3, from I think fall '15? I bought one of the pink champ ones, it was never a bright pink, but it's hazy clear-ish now. Kind of reminds me of my old car when I was a chain smoker. I haven't looked at it in months, so not sure when this started happening, or if it's just common for Innova champ to fade like that.

Latest posts