• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

when will there be a new run of fossil scales with the gateway tooling on the bottom? i just got a new fossil serpent with said tooling and it is my favorite fossil plastic yet! it molded up so tight and tacky, i want a scale to match it!

So the Boa is more like a Thunderbird than a Firebird? The numbers on it looked more like an FL, which got me interested.

So the Boa is more like a Thunderbird than a Firebird? The numbers on it looked more like an FL, which got me interested.

way less glide than a thundy, but a tad more than an FL. it also has a bit more fade than both of those molds. also the one i have has a decent amount of flashing, so as it wears i'm hoping it will pick up somemore glide.

Is there any hope of more Pteros in the same plastic, with the same stamp, as the last batch? Mine caught an unexpected gust of wind (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) and is sleeping with the fishes.

Got a pink one... and a Boa! Should be fun.

Looking forward to trying the Boa here, it's in the Armor plastic and this run is a slightly gummy Big Z feeling one. And the orange/peach color of a Big Z nuke I once had.

Feels a lot like an S-PD and that's kind of what I hope it is. A great control driver that I can BH or FH with a little touch and good glide. That's a tallish order but I'm hoping hard lol.

Recent video post on UDISC facebook page - I was putting with a Fossil-Fuel 175g Serpent - It's hard to tell in the video but we had some cold gusty winds upward 20mph - it was about 35 ft from the basket but not only elevated but also the ground behind the pin is about 8 ft lower - so overall it was pretty intimidating from my point of view. Check it out :)

Just tried out my proto Boa, very nice flight. Rides straight with a hint of turn and then a curt, simi abrupt fade into the ground. I'd have it at 9/4/-1/2 and could throw it on most lines, you can turn it over if you really want to, but fresh it wants to fight out.

I like the feel, wouldn't mind having another with the new stamp eventually as well.

Just tried out my proto Boa, very nice flight. Rides straight with a hint of turn and then a curt, simi abrupt fade into the ground. I'd have it at 9/4/-1/2 and could throw it on most lines, you can turn it over if you really want to, but fresh it wants to fight out.

I like the feel, wouldn't mind having another with the new stamp eventually as well.

is your armor proto flat or domey? i have a production run pink amber boa and it feels nice backhand but the dome gives me trouble onna forehand grip.

is your armor proto flat or domey? i have a production run pink amber boa and it feels nice backhand but the dome gives me trouble onna forehand grip.

Slightly domey, not a big poppy top but it's not really flat. I threw some longer FH at 80% power and it still went 375-390.

I'm not relying on it as a FH disc though.

Is the pink production flat? I'd looked at buying one but if it's different I'd like to know how.

New to rdg. Was just wondering if anyone would be willing to give me a little run down on their lineup of discs?

Serpent = Gateway Magic bottom - RDG top - great PnA disc flight # 2/2/0/0.5 I highly recommend getting this for approaches and putting where low glide is key, you can run the basket and it still sits down, all around best feeling pnA I've personally used

Scale = Wizard bottom - RDG top - OS but not crazy OS 2/2/0/2 - all around great approach disc especially in headwind

Gila = similar to a Roc3 but maybe wider diameter and a lil faster

Tyrant = Teebird OS

Boa = not sure I think like a longer firebird? im not familiar

Stego = Brick, super OS, kinda funny

Fossil plastic rules and is very firm
Fossil Fuel is a lil softer but still firm - FF is great especially in the Serpent

If you have a Serpent, Scale, and Stego - there is no approach shot inside of 150' you can't handle.

The Serpent is the straightest disc you'll ever throw - it goes exactly where you aim it and lands there. FF is the best plastic for it also.

The Scale will work for a wide variety of upshots and I use mine as a driving putter as well. It is also a decent circle putter.

Stego is crazy OS and a perfect utility disc for shots 150' and in. I physically cannot throw it farther than that, no matter how I torque it (I can throw the Scale or Serpent 200-210 easily - usually :rolleyes:)

I prefer the Gila in Amber plastic - for me it has the exact same flight pattern as a BuzzzOS, but goes a bit farther. I'm trying to beat in my Fossil Gila - many others like such a disc as a straight-to-stable mid

The Croc is an US mid -

Tyrant is a slower Firebird for me - good for FH flicks

I don't know how to characterize the Boa - I always flip it over FH (I have big OAT issues though) and it's inconsistent for me BH - all of that is archer, not the arrow - I can't really figure it out. I personally prefer the Raptor (also a 9 speed driver from RDG)

I forgot about the Ptero - which, after the Scale, is my most often used RDG disc.

It is a very straight speed 7 disc and has really great glide! They did a run of them recently in a stiffer plastic than Amber that I really liked but the Ptero is currently unavailable in any plastic on the RDG site. If they make more, I'll be buying a few - regardless of the plastic they run them in

The Boa for me is like a P-PD, some turn, some fade good distance. I hyzerflip flick it up to 350-370 but if I try to go all out on it the flight is less consistent. Pretty much the same story BH except it's harder for me to flip it.

Stego is a magical dinocorn that fell from the sky to make all of your goofy trick shot approaches a reality. I love it, almost an inappropriate amount.

I've got two in the bag, a 168 first run that I can throw farther(250 tops) and is great for flex shots. The 175 is fresh and just so fun to mess with. Good luck throwing it over 200 though.