• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

I can't be the only one using the Scale as my main putter right? Pairs really nicely with my SS Wiz being the backup, since I only bought one Scale. I was on fire on Monday with them playing Cali in Dubs. If the Scale didn't convert the putt, and I had my extra throw, the Wiz converted. I was all DC but the Wiz snuck in, and then I grabbed a Scale on a whim and haven't looked back.

Yep you're the only one....lol.

I use them for wind, low glide & hyzer putts though.

Yep you're the only one....lol.

I use them for wind, low glide & hyzer putts though.

Shot +7 on my home course's longest configuration. Neither the Scale nor my Wiz was hitting first try. Still managed 2 birds, including the longest hole, but it was my drive and 2 upshots that put me 10' from the basket on a par 5. I missed 3 straight par putts into the cage. Left at least 5 strokes on the course, probably closer to 10.

I can't be the only one using the Scale as my main putter right? Pairs really nicely with my SS Wiz being the backup, since I only bought one Scale. I was on fire on Monday with them playing Cali in Dubs. If the Scale didn't convert the putt, and I had my extra throw, the Wiz converted. I was all DC but the Wiz snuck in, and then I grabbed a Scale on a whim and haven't looked back.
The Scale was my primary putter for a little while; I was using it so much as a crutch to fall back on when the Warlocks were not working that I just started using them all the time. I mean it was dumb; I'd miss three or four putts, switch to the Scale and start making them. Why not just start out with the Scale and start making the first three or four putts?

I hurt my arm and had to go with an understable bag; I switched to the APX and the Scale went back to being the wind/utility putter. If it wasn't for that I'd probably still be using Scales as my main putter. It's such a good disc. RDG has had a several discs I really liked, but IMO the Scale is far and away their best disc.

I'm really excited to see more armor runs out there. Stegos seem like a no brainer since everyone throws them super hard and they hit the ground like a meteor.

My armor scale is unreal good, and if they were available I'd buy a stack of armor Serpents in a heartbeat. It's a fantastic plastic and I hope to see more and more of it.

The Scale is great, but I think the Serpent is underrated. A disc that hard core resists turn, but doesn't really fade? Pretty unique.

The Scale is great, but I think the Serpent is underrated. A disc that hard core resists turn, but doesn't really fade? Pretty unique.

They are one of the best putters of all time. I have a few chalk pit serps but I would be powerless against armor versions. 100% at their mercy.

Scale is my most thrown mold, and has been for a long time.

Two in the bag--one is fresher and one has been in for 3+ years (it is dead straight with no real LSF left on it, although it will finish with hyzer if I start it with more than few degrees hyzer it can do just about anything except a touchy trailing anny). I putt with the beat one often, mostly because it is on the ground within a few feet of the basket already.

But Wizards are still my putters.

We're celebrating Worlds this week! Use promo code WORLDS at checkout to get 15% off your order! Also, I'll be talking to Dave to try and get some Armor/Amber Scales made. We've made a small batch in the past but they always came out super pop top. He's made a lot of great strides in his Diamond plastic to a point that I believe we can finally achieve a flatter Premium plastic Scale.

Stopping in to say the Gila is our best disc :)

My favorite disc ever made. It holds up to my low line drive play style so well.

But the Scale & Serpent will always hold a special place.

The joy of taking protos of each into the back parking lot of Gateway and seeing that the molds flew EXACTLY how we wanted....it was pretty awesome.

Nah, you should just sell it to me!

It's an interesting relic, has the Dom Lotus stamp. It's a misprint with black/silver/green stamps stacked and very interesting. I haven't bagged it in some time, but since it's such an oddity I'll probably hold onto it.

It's an interesting relic, has the Dom Lotus stamp. It's a misprint with black/silver/green stamps stacked and very interesting. I haven't bagged it in some time, but since it's such an oddity I'll probably hold onto it.

I have a triple stamp Armor Scale and of I ever stopped bagging it I still don't think I could ever part with it so I know the feeling.

Stopping in to say the Gila is our best disc :)

My favorite disc ever made. It holds up to my low line drive play style so well.

But the Scale & Serpent will always hold a special place.

The joy of taking protos of each into the back parking lot of Gateway and seeing that the molds flew EXACTLY how we wanted....it was pretty awesome.

I offically agree now. I have actually dumped my kaxe and buzzz OS

I was toying the idea for a bit and was using just a Fossil to try breaking in. Hard to do on the grassy lush home course.
THEN I played Redfeather and Kiss the Sky and used it for my OS mid through those 5 tourney rounds. All the rocks ate it up, and when I got back down to a normal elevation it was flying straight with a solid fade. Like my old sentinels or good wasps I have cycled in the past.

I am seriously in love with the Gila now. I have put another Fossil in the bag and cannot wait to put my armor one (that I initially was testing) as the bookend to my cycled Fossils.<3

Whatever happened to the Sobek?

The mold was a modified Essential Discs Honey ran to produce a large flash/bead

Larry Leonardi pulled the Honey mold from Gateway to attempt to run it elsewhere...

And just like that... The Sobek was gone.

Great disc. Found the Quake from DGA to be similar but more consistent, however.

The mold was a modified Essential Discs Honey ran to produce a large flash/bead

Larry Leonardi pulled the Honey mold from Gateway to attempt to run it elsewhere...

And just like that... The Sobek was gone.

Great disc. Found the Quake from DGA to be similar but more consistent, however.

Sad story, great disc. I only have one fresh honey left so I guess its time to move on.

Is the gila a beaded mid?

Yep. Nice concave wing with a substantial bead.

It looks super beefy but in reality it's just a killer straight to fade mid.

Heading out now for a round with a dominant mid lineup:.
- Armor Gila
- Fossil Gila
- Diamond Prophecy
- Diamond Mystic

All fast, glidey discs that I can add bend to my will.