• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The River

Jesse B 707 said:
It has a lot less fade if you throw harder than a 10 year old girl

Leave those 10 year old girls alone, Jesse. Have you reported in yet?

FHthrower said:
Roc Lover said:
in an effort to get this all back on track and summarize the last few pages, lets try this

Most of us like the river, even tho its flight ratings dont seem to be quite accurate when you use Innova's flight ratings as a basis for all the numbers. Correct?

Between the two plastics there are somewhat varying descriptions of their flight? correct?

Also several different descriptions of dominess, flattness, PLH.

None of this is new, it happens to all manufacturers in some form (even discraft). It doesnt speak to how competent a company is with its product since even the 2 big dogs have this problem as well. It might say something about a companies QC or lack thereof and again, this is disc golf, not NASA so you have to assume a lot of things are a work in progress, even if they get released as a finished product. Otherwise discs would be fully tested for months and months even a year or more before they were released. That costs money, for R and D, potentially new molds and things of that nature. If they were a big corporation it would be in their best interests to test something before releasing it that strenuously. But it simply doesnt make sense for a DG company to do that when all of you guys will buy it either way :)

Kinda correct re the flight ratings. Except they aren't Innova's, they are Lat64's...right there on their website. And competent probably isn't the right word(I know it's not yours)...more like years of experience in making discs. Otherwise, well said.

I find it hard to believe the bogus 1 LSS they gave the River is accidental. And that's not good. Think about it...
you dont read so good, i know the flight ratings in question arent Innovas, but it seems like we are all sort of using what innova calls -2 hss and 1 Lss as a basis for this discussion. Why dont you spend less time trying to re-troll people when you obviously cant tell when someone is trolling you and when someone is trying to make an argument for what youre saying sort of? You dont have many friends outside of your WoW clan or guild or w/e do you?

*Edit
in case you hadnt noticed yet, FHthrower is a noodle arm who for some reason or another throws a leopard, XS,XL Avenger ss and roadrunner and apparently a river, none of them well, and he seems to be retarded in a multitude of disciplines, he is hands down the easiest person to troll on the interwebs. I wasnt even trolling and i somehow trolled him all you other guys are trying to hard at this point just say anything that makes sense and i bet you he has something witty to say to all of you individually, and while he is coming up with the next zinger hes F5'ing like a madman, like a fat asian kid with the DDR app on his Iphone, fingers going crazy. While beating off to some cartoon pronz on 4chan while madly screaming "seed damn you" because his shaky cam torrent of the new harry potter wont download fast enough.

I want to film and publish a video of a 10 year girl throwing 400'+ with a high speed driver on flat ground without wind. Come on hook a brother up and you'll see an amazing video. It seems to be an accelerating curve in the mind of Jesse that a Finn aged 6 has thrown 150' and he expects a 10 year old girl to throw 400'+. Sarcasm. With that said i'd like to throw an ESP Cyclone and any kind of River that would fade as little as a Champ Leopard 175 (best rip for me at about 350' in the air and the rest sliding on the ground to 360' IIRC in no wind flat ground). I fully expect that they exist based on how others have described some of them and knowing how many manufacturers produce discs that vary wildly in shape. River is shorter than Leo 360' for me in GL i think it is 169. Can't weigh it any more and it ain't mine any more because the post office has got it among other discs and they are en route to farther up in Finland. The good news is that they're still going to remain in DGR domain. Ho ho ho.

My experience is that the fade you get with the River all depends on how you throw it. My best Rivers throws have had very little fade. My powered down fairway throws have varied from medium fade to a strong fade. The Sidewinder has a 1 fade. I don't think I've seen anything from my different Rivers that is that divergent from the Champ Sidewinders that I've thrown. I think Jesse was trying to be funny, but he's kind of right. The harder I've thrown the River (provided I don't make it turn and burn), the less fade I've seen. And the softer I've thrown them (more for placing it on powered down throws), I've gotten MUCH more fade out of them. Now granted my form is sh*t, but I just think this disc really varies more on how it's thrown than anything else. I really like this disc now. I can't imagine how much I will like it when I figure out how to throw it correctly.

ForeverBlue232 said:
My experience is that the fade you get with the River all depends on how you throw it. My best Rivers throws have had very little fade. My powered down fairway throws have varied from medium fade to a strong fade. The Sidewinder has a 1 fade. I don't think I've seen anything from my different Rivers that is that divergent from the Champ Sidewinders that I've thrown. I think Jesse was trying to be funny, but he's kind of right. The harder I've thrown the River (provided I don't make it turn and burn), the less fade I've seen. And the softer I've thrown them (more for placing it on powered down throws), I've gotten MUCH more fade out of them. Now granted my form is sh*t, but I just think this disc really varies more on how it's thrown than anything else. I really like this disc now. I can't imagine how much I will like it when I figure out how to throw it correctly.

That is exactly my experience with this disc. At my power level, this disc is not a hyzer flipper to straight finish unless I'm dealing with just a little headwind or l-r crosswind. Once I figured out that this wasn't some magical control driver that read my mind, I started experimenting with release angles, power, etc. Now it is as competent at line shaping as my newer and beat esp cyclones. And it actually glides like a champ unlike the former. Not deriding the cyclone, it's an awesome fwy driver.

Roc Lover said:
FHthrower said:
Roc Lover said:
in an effort to get this all back on track and summarize the last few pages, lets try this

Most of us like the river, even tho its flight ratings dont seem to be quite accurate when you use Innova's flight ratings as a basis for all the numbers. Correct?

Between the two plastics there are somewhat varying descriptions of their flight? correct?

Also several different descriptions of dominess, flattness, PLH.

None of this is new, it happens to all manufacturers in some form (even discraft). It doesnt speak to how competent a company is with its product since even the 2 big dogs have this problem as well. It might say something about a companies QC or lack thereof and again, this is disc golf, not NASA so you have to assume a lot of things are a work in progress, even if they get released as a finished product. Otherwise discs would be fully tested for months and months even a year or more before they were released. That costs money, for R and D, potentially new molds and things of that nature. If they were a big corporation it would be in their best interests to test something before releasing it that strenuously. But it simply doesnt make sense for a DG company to do that when all of you guys will buy it either way :)

Kinda correct re the flight ratings. Except they aren't Innova's, they are Lat64's...right there on their website. And competent probably isn't the right word(I know it's not yours)...more like years of experience in making discs. Otherwise, well said.

I find it hard to believe the bogus 1 LSS they gave the River is accidental. And that's not good. Think about it...
you dont read so good, i know the flight ratings in question arent Innovas, but it seems like we are all sort of using what innova calls -2 hss and 1 Lss as a basis for this discussion. Why dont you spend less time trying to re-troll people when you obviously cant tell when someone is trolling you and when someone is trying to make an argument for what youre saying sort of? You dont have many friends outside of your WoW clan or guild or w/e do you?

*Edit
in case you hadnt noticed yet, FHthrower is a noodle arm who for some reason or another throws a leopard, XS,XL Avenger ss and roadrunner and apparently a river, none of them well, and he seems to be retarded in a multitude of disciplines, he is hands down the easiest person to troll on the interwebs. I wasnt even trolling and i somehow trolled him all you other guys are trying to hard at this point just say anything that makes sense and i bet you he has something witty to say to all of you individually, and while he is coming up with the next zinger hes F5'ing like a madman, like a fat asian kid with the DDR app on his Iphone, fingers going crazy. While beating off to some cartoon pronz on 4chan while madly screaming "seed damn you" because his shaky cam torrent of the new harry potter wont download fast enough.

<<in case you hadnt noticed yet, FHthrower is a noodle arm who for some reason or another throws a leopard, XS,XL Avenger ss and roadrunner and apparently a river, none of them well, and he seems to be retarded in a multitude of disciplines, he is hands down the easiest person to troll on the interwebs. I wasnt even trolling and i somehow trolled him all you other guys are trying to hard at this point just say anything that makes sense and i bet you he has something witty to say to all of you individually, and while he is coming up with the next zinger hes F5'ing like a madman, like a fat asian kid with the DDR app on his Iphone, fingers going crazy. While beating off to some cartoon pronz on 4chan while madly screaming "seed damn you" because his shaky cam torrent of the new harry potter wont download fast enough.>>

Yikes! Get back on your Meds, Roc Lover.

you should be worried about how accurate the rant was IMO

how is mr potter doing these days?

Roc Lover said:

Okay, now I have a couple questions:

RU a manic depressive by chance?

What's with this strange Harry Potter fixation of yours? Did Amazon send you the latest installment in Portuguese by mistake?

This discussion is much more fun to follow with FHthrower on ignore list, although I doubt I can come up with as stupid things as he can.

FHthrower said:
Roc Lover said:

Possibly, never been diagnosed though, how about you?

What's with this strange Harry Potter fixation of yours? Did Amazon send you the latest installment in Portuguese by mistake?
Nope, i just thought that is the kind of stuff you people liked, im more than happy to admit when ive made a mistake, if its LOTR youre into, ill start ribbing you about that

Roc Lover said:
FHthrower said:
Roc Lover said:

Possibly, never been diagnosed though, how about you?

Nope, i just thought that is the kind of stuff you people liked, im more than happy to admit when ive made a mistake, if its LOTR youre into, ill start ribbing you about that

"you people"? Boy, you really are messed up, aren't ya?

I doubt you even realize when you've made a mistake, much less admit it. A real whiz kid...on the internet.

Whatever, spud.

"you people"? Boy, you really are messed up, aren't ya?

I doubt you even realize when you've made a mistake, much less admit it. A real whiz kid...on the internet.

Whatever, spud.

you seem to lack the ability to give me the condescending tongue lashing you hand out to others so fluidly, your response times are getting longer and longer. ive obviously struck a nerve when the best you can muster is trying to insinuate that im bipolar (which is an awful disorder btw if youve ever known anyone thats been affected by it, youd know) or your obv well thought out "Spud" slam (which nearly sent me flying out of my rollie chair in what probably looked like a full on seizure of laughter).

This is getting way to personal for you the lines between DGR and real life are being blurred you need a break my friend. Youve sufficiently entertained us for a few pages now and if you keep it going nobody will ever take you seriously again, every thread you interject your not well thought out points will devolve into this (which could be awesome). But i fear the internet cannot contain you. Its time for you to leave before you destroy everything. Back to lurking in the shadows, secretly hating everything LSS 1 rated (even though you know its not), cursing those who can throw dem big boy frisbees. Hating swedish made disc golf goodness.

Latest posts