• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] the wasp? yay or nay

Ill sell you one haha its a good disc, im just trying to get rid of some molds and dice down my bag. Good overstable mid right between the buzz and hornet.

SEARCH.jpg

Good stable to overstable mid. I liked it, but benched it since I could use other discs to do more things well. Not a bad choice if you want or need a good consistent stable mid.

A wasp is what, a more stable Buzz? Are you an exclusive Discraft thrower? I'm just starting to think that overstable/understable mids aren't that necessary. Why can't you throw one mold like a Buzz in different stages of beat-in-ness, plastics, or weights?

It's alright, but i don't think im gonna be using mine cuz it not even much different than the buzzz for me.

Weird. It's a pretty stable mid, whereas the Buzzz is stable to understable. How far are you putting out each one?

A wasp is what, a more stable Buzz? Are you an exclusive Discraft thrower? I'm just starting to think that overstable/understable mids aren't that necessary. Why can't you throw one mold like a Buzz in different stages of beat-in-ness, plastics, or weights?

Essentially, the Wasp has most of the same specifications as a ROC. The Buzzz came from the Wasp. The early stamps used to say "Super Straight Modified Wasp" and the tooling in the disc rim used to say "Wasp". The Buzzz came about by removing the bead from the Wasp, making the Buzzz less stable than the Wasp.

Last edited:

a buzzz is a modified wasp. Its literally the same disc, but the wasp has a bead, so it actually feels like you are throwing the same mold but with different results IMO.

edit* didnt read far enough to see that bcr123 already said it

Last edited:
Great minds think alike!

Well, I'm just a Roc thrower now. That's all I know. I cleared out every other mid range I had. This is a huge accomplishment for me and to be honest, I never thought that Rocs would 'stick'. But somehow they did. It's a great disc to learn and throw. All of these world champions can't be wrong!

I use RPro for stable and two DX, one new and one beat up. It makes my life so much easier to just learn how to throw the one midrange disc!

The other reason it stuck...I tried some lighter weight Rocs. I'm using 172-3g vs the 180g I used to have. Now I can get so much better glide out of them.

Last edited:
And yeah, plastics seems like giving yourself 3 different discs...but not really. They're very consistent in their flight from one to the other, I just throw some harder than others.

I started flicking some up shots, I flicked one the other day and it completely went left of the basket, holding it's flight line the entire time. I look down and my toes were pointing in the direction that Roc flew. My point...it will help you figure out crap you're doing wrong, correct mistakes, and not require Crazy Touch. (Um...Comet)

get a nice flat Z wasp. I recommend it.

YAY...
it's a poor man's champion roc.

if you need more controllable Buzzz (ie. "not arrow straight") it's a great compliment.

really make sure that you get a disc in a proper weight.

The last one I bought flew way too much like a Buzzz and I quit the mold after that. The overstable ones are great though.

Latest posts