• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

is it really worth 22 plus shipping? .

Nope.

I'm glad that I bought a few of the Asia Opens so I don't have to pay the extra $, even then I thought they were already pushing it with $20 for those. I'll pass all day long on $22 discs. I'll be curious if supply exceeds demand on these $22 glows.

Nope.

I'm glad that I bought a few of the Asia Opens so I don't have to pay the extra $, even then I thought they were already pushing it with $20 for those. I'll pass all day long on $22 discs. I'll be curious if supply exceeds demand on these $22 glows.

I'm hoping most people pass so they move closer to the typical 16.99 price of their releases and not towards the $25 mark.

I watched a show about the comic book industry. In the 90's everyone started collecting comic books because they saw how valuable the old ones were. So the comic book industry resoonded by putting out special editions and covers likr crazy. Everybody bought them up for a while, until they realized that if everybody saved them they weren't worth anything. Then a lot of people quit buying comic books all together.

That sounds pretty similar to what disc golf companies and collectors are doing right now. If everyone saves every limited run and first run and never throws them, pretty soon they won't be worth any more than a regular disc. So that $20 first run that you payed $5 in shipping for might be worth $15 in the near future.

I watched a show about the comic book industry. In the 90's everyone started collecting comic books because they saw how valuable the old ones were. So the comic book industry resoonded by putting out special editions and covers likr crazy. Everybody bought them up for a while, until they realized that if everybody saved them they weren't worth anything. Then a lot of people quit buying comic books all together.

That sounds pretty similar to what disc golf companies and collectors are doing right now. If everyone saves every limited run and first run and never throws them, pretty soon they won't be worth any more than a regular disc. So that $20 first run that you payed $5 in shipping for might be worth $15 in the near future.

You hit the nail on the head. Things made for collecting are not worth collecting. You got to be in before the mass hysteria.

there were just over 500 in stock yesterday when I checked when they were put up. Right now there are 59 on hand. So looks like innova might have dropped a perfect amount of them.

I've been hearing this argument for years and the disc collecting market keeps getting bigger and bigger.

True but at some point it will top out and decline, we don't seem to be at that point yet. I think the long continued growth of disc golf has pushed the collectors market also. As long as disc golf keeps growing the collectors market probably will too. :thmbup:

I have an orange one with a black stamp in my bag right now for testing and I can see how it will earn a spot. I threw it back to back with my C-Line PD and noticed it to fly straighter for longer on a flat release, with less fade to the left. Distance was typically within 5-10ft of the PD (it makes up for being slightly slower with more glide, I can throw both around 400ft, golf line, flat land). If I really crank on it I might get a little turn, but it's barely noticeable. With slight anhyzer it will run right a hair, flatten to straight and fade at the end. Honestly, I can't wait for these to come out in different plastics and in the 170-172g range. If this thing seasons like my Champ Teebird has, it's going to be a winner.

If the stock run flies like a broken in firebird and we assume this glow run is is more overstable like most seem to be, would your guess be this glow flies closer to a stock PD or a firebird?

If the stock run flies like a broken in firebird and we assume this glow run is is more overstable like most seem to be, would your guess be this glow flies closer to a stock PD or a firebird?

Without throwing the glow, I'd assume it would fly more like a C-Line PD than a Firebird based on the flight of the Champ. However, that's just speculation at this point. The flight may feel like a beat Firebird, because a beat Firebird has lost LSS and gained glide over when it's new. My current beat Star Firebird still doesn't have the flight the Tunderbird has, which is a good thing.

OATj53v.png

Yes please.

Saw that picture. McBeast is just teasing with those double stamp protostars. I wonder if it's going to kick out his PD?

Saw that picture. McBeast is just teasing with those double stamp protostars. I wonder if it's going to kick out his PD?

That would likely be a bit of a boon for Innova. I'm sure those who follow the pros would at least get one to try at that point.

I still think this could be a great disc for a lot of players if It is as advertised. I'm pretty excited to get one.

When they don't cost 22 bucks that is.

Recieved my glow thunderbird. I think it's more than 175g. It feels way heavy. I'll get out to the field, post n let my thoughts be known