• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Mcbeth pretty much has to throw these to get the hype up. Why do you think he is throwing the Nova? To get hype up on it. I'm 95 percent sure he won't be throwing the Nova in a year.

I'm 95% sure you don't know what you're talking about.

Mcbeth pretty much has to throw these to get the hype up. Why do you think he is throwing the Nova? To get hype up on it. I'm 95 percent sure he won't be throwing the Nova in a year.

I agree! I'm actually 100% sure he doesn't know what he is talking about.... I actually just switched out the PD for the thunderbird. The NT will be my first ever event with them. I'm sure Sidewinder has something to say about more new discs in my bag.

You speak the truth. After seeing him bomb that disc in person and several upshot park jobs on tourney footage...id be surprised if its not there in a year

I agree! I'm actually 100% sure he doesn't know what he is talking about.... I actually just switched out the PD for the thunderbird. The NT will be my first ever event with them. I'm sure Sidewinder has something to say about more new discs in my bag.

HA!, yea...according to Sidewinder's "numbers" you'll be lucky to place in the top 10 with the Thunderbird in the bag instead of the PD. Btw, are the Thunderbird's pretty flat or domey?

The Beast speaks... So they must hold up pretty well in the wind if its replacing Pds

Be sure to tell Innova thank you for running the protos in Champ this time instead of GStar.

how do i cop that recently removed PD off of you? :D

I laughed. This was unexpected and entertaining.

mmmmm, I'm pretty sure SW22 is on the PUP list for this thread ... I could be wrong.

OATj53v.png

Yes please.

Yea that is what I want. Where do we acquire those babies?:wall:

The beauty of disc collecting is that many DO get thrown, driving (no pun intended) the sheer number down. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these.

Yea that is what I want. Where do we acquire those babies?:wall:

They aren't out yet, but I assume since they're stamping protostars we'll see them showing up at shops and online this month. Possibly within the next two weeks. I know people have posted the Innova dealer emails that show what is soon to be released. Anyone see the Thunderbird on one of those emails?

Also, Paul, it's cool to see that the Thunderbird made it's way into your bag and interesting that it kicked out your PD. You've called the PD a faster Eagle and more of a utility disc in some of your ITB videos. What role is the Thunderbird filling in your bag? Still a utility disc? A longer control driver than your Teebirds but shorter than your Destroyers? What kind of shots are you throwing it on?

They aren't out yet, but I assume since they're stamping protostars we'll see them showing up at shops and online this month. Possibly within the next two weeks. I know people have posted the Innova dealer emails that show what is soon to be released.

They already released a limited run so there are a few of these out in the wild. Had a guy on my card this past weekend who was bombing one and he used it a lot. Felt nice in the hand but I did not get a chance to throw it during the tourney round. But from the limited exposure I had I am interested. :thmbup:

They already released a limited run so there are a few of these out in the wild. Had a guy on my card this past weekend who was bombing one and he used it a lot. Felt nice in the hand but I did not get a chance to throw it during the tourney round. But from the limited exposure I had I am interested. :thmbup:

I actually have an Asia Open Thunderbird that I'm testing, and they released the Glow Thunderbird as a GCC fundraiser disc, but I was referring to a larger release of protostars and stock stamp Thunderbirds. Something that could be purchased for $16 instead of $22 for the Glow (if they restock) or $35 (what the Asia Open Champs are going for on the secondary market). From the throws I've had with my own Thunderbird I really want some mass market release Thunderbirds to cycle into my bag.

It's weird that there is a new fairway on the market that is a basically a glidy Teaglebird in champystar plastic but people seem to be more eager to get their hands on a disc that flies pretty much the same as a PD.

My guess is that he's talking about the Hyzerbomb Veteran.

Yes, I think Hyzerbomb could do a better job with their marketing. The PDGA didn't even create a post on their website that the Veteran was approved. If I was Hyzerbomb's marketing director, I would be calling/emailing the PDGA everyday until something got posted.

Back on topic... after reading magicweeds review, sounds like I am wrong in that the Thunderbird has a distinct flight compared to the PD. More glide and less fade? If the PD is a longer Eagle, then the Thunderbird is a longer ________?????