• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. I think it's a great mold, but I don't know how it fits in my bag. Plus, I don't like the glow champion. From what I here the Thunderbirds gonna mainly release in G* too. Not a fan of G*

They'll likely do a champ release, and hopefully after that Star, but we haven't seen a Star Teebird3 yet, or a TL3 in any other plastic. The biggest issue is likely the weight and shape of these new molds when run in different plastic blends. Once those are sorted I'd assume we'd see different plastics coming out.

Mmmmm, XT Teebirds and Thunderbirds. Now that would be a good release.

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. I think it's a great mold, but I don't know how it fits in my bag. Plus, I don't like the glow champion. From what I here the Thunderbirds gonna mainly release in G* too. Not a fan of G*

Proto Jolly Launcher plastic is your dream come true then. Only $40+ on Facebook..

Ended up being able to snag a proto stamped champion thunderbird from discovering the world yesterday. Should be here tomorrow, and I'll have a review up by Saturday. I have to say, I have not been this excited about a new disc release in a long time.

I should have a Glo Thunderbird by Sat. Can't wait to try it. I'm sure it'll be a bit beefier than the production G*. I have a feeling I'm going to like G* in about a month. (cold)

-----Champion Thunderbird Stock Release Speculation-----

My guess is that this will be the McBeasts new Sig Disc.
-The flight is very similar to the PD which he has thrown for a while now so it makes sense there.
-The first stock release being in G Star and not champ also makes me think that as well.
-And now for the last part. Take a look at the Les White Roc3 art and the Teebird3 art that the Factory Store put up. They are both birds holding lightning bolts. Maybe they were working on stock art for the thunderbird and then McBeast said he wanted the disc, so they just repurposed the art as so.

I know its a bit farfetched but who knows.

-----Champion Thunderbird Stock Release Speculation-----

My guess is that this will be the McBeasts new Sig Disc.
-The flight is very similar to the PD which he has thrown for a while now so it makes sense there.
-The first stock release being in G Star and not champ also makes me think that as well.
-And now for the last part. Take a look at the Les White Roc3 art and the Teebird3 art that the Factory Store put up. They are both birds holding lightning bolts. Maybe they were working on stock art for the thunderbird and then McBeast said he wanted the disc, so they just repurposed the art as so.

I know its a bit farfetched but who knows.

I'd guess you know as much as anybody else in this thread!

I receive my 167g G* Thunderbird yesterday. First throw was 5 ft short of my Blizzard destroyer ~375ft. Dead straight with a mild fade. It had a small amount of flip to flat and glided straight forever... I will be buying a few more and has already made a believer out of me!

As a side note... I did fly just like my old beat taffy CE firebird but had more glide.

Jeese I can't believe innova would use a name like thunderbird, that is obviously too close to and going to be confused with the teebird. They are just cashing in on a name that is already very popular. What an evil corporation!!!,!!

/sarcasm related to coments in the buzzz OS thread

I am interested to try the thunderbird out. I have a couple pds I have been throwing but I keep going back to the teebird. I hope this is truly a longer teebird!

Latest posts