• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

So what I'm hearing is that the Thunderbird is most similar to a PD(?). I'm pretty smitten with the PD right now, as well the G line plastic, and the name Thunderbird has always struck me as absurd. Although I will say a bird made of thunder sounds pretty 'metal'. I like my Escape/PD/SLAIDi/H1 set up fine...for now.

it's almost identical to the PD in shape and flight from what i can tell so far, it's definitely their PD rip off

Thunderbird was a no go for me. I prefer a Rival/PD combo. Thunderbird just felt weird to me...like it should be doing something it wasn't.

... and the name Thunderbird has always struck me as absurd. Although I will say a bird made of thunder sounds pretty 'metal'.

From Wikipedia:

Across many North American indigenous cultures, the thunderbird carries many of the same characteristics. It is described as a large bird, capable of creating storms and thundering while it flies. Clouds are pulled together by its wingbeats, the sound of thunder made by its wings clapping, sheet lightning the light flashing from its eyes when it blinks...​

I have one of the domey JL PDs, and would say that my Asia Open Thunderbird is slightly faster and more overstable.

The rim is slightly shallower on the Thunderbird... atleast it felt that way to me. Might be more comfortable for those with smaller hands.

I tried a 170 gstar thunderbird today and it was not what I was hoping for. It was more like a faster tl than a faster teebird. I turned it over several times on me into slight winds that my star teebird was handling just fine. My champ viking is more stable than this thunderbird. If I can find one in the JL plastic I may give it a try.

I like mine. I have two in 167g and although I'm not sure they have a permanent slot in the bag, I'm going to beat one in and see how she flies.

If I can beat one into what would basically be a G* Viking, I'll be a happy camper.

my friend and I found a proto thunderbird (yellow) sitting on the tee at my local course. no name and brand new.

it was funny because we were so confident on who it specifically probably belonged to...but were shocked when we caught up with our local player friend he said it wasn't his (or any of the other foursome he was playing with).

after we went back to the hole1/clubhouse and asked around and no one claimed it....

I will try some open field shots with it tomorrow. I've been on a bit of a teebird binge lately (gstar, metal flake champ, echo star, brinster, and a regular champ) and some TL's (star and champ) so I'm curious to see what if flies like.

I wish you had been the guy to find mine. I threw it at Kaposia the other day, on 8, and forgot to pick it up after my putt (it had been in a tuft of grass, light green disc, just plain stupid to not pick it up right away really). Came back the next morning and naturally it was gone, and nobody called :(. I was just starting to warm up to it too.

I have new plastic to comfort me on the way though, an Icon Gauge, and a Tangent and Anode in Eclipse, so the tears will be brief.

I wish you had been the guy to find mine. I threw it at Kaposia the other day, on 8, and forgot to pick it up after my putt (it had been in a tuft of grass, light green disc, just plain stupid to not pick it up right away really). Came back the next morning and naturally it was gone, and nobody called :(. I was just starting to warm up to it too.

I have new plastic to comfort me on the way though, an Icon Gauge, and a Tangent and Anode in Eclipse, so the tears will be brief.

You have my luck. I baby sat for a girl and her husbands whom despises me stole it (and I forgot it in his daughters diaper bag so really my fault). Truly makes me super sad... It was such a great disc

Has anyone pointed out McBeth didn't win the last NT after he switched to the Thunderbird? I mean he didn't even finish top 3...

Sidewinder is clearly a genius

... and he hasn't been seen on this thread since.

Latest posts