• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

Very nice putting them upside down so we can get a sense of how domey they are.

Actually got a chance to throw a Glow Champ against my sweet spot FR S-PD. They are very similar. I am starting to think that the lower wing of the Firebird is one of the greatest mold pieces in the history of disc golf. It won't be pulling my PDs, but the ThB is legit.

The two are very close when it comes to HSS. I think I would trust PDs more as the winds start to howl, but the ThB shouldn't have much trouble there either. The fades are entirely different. When the PD slows, it fades forward, even when new. As it seasons, the fade just softens more. The ThB is already there, but it's more of an immediate fade. You won't be getting the big forward skips like you get with PDs either. The ThB skips. It's just not that same, lovable distance giver.

Actually got a chance to throw a Glow Champ against my sweet spot FR S-PD. They are very similar. I am starting to think that the lower wing of the Firebird is one of the greatest mold pieces in the history of disc golf. It won't be pulling my PDs, but the ThB is legit.

The two are very close when it comes to HSS. I think I would trust PDs more as the winds start to howl, but the ThB shouldn't have much trouble there either. The fades are entirely different. When the PD slows, it fades forward, even when new. As it seasons, the fade just softens more. The ThB is already there, but it's more of an immediate fade. You won't be getting the big forward skips like you get with PDs either. The ThB skips. It's just not that same, lovable distance giver.

I have actually had C-PDs that have flipped in winds that my Champ Thunderbird has laughed at. I actually through the Thunderbird expecting it to flip, and being pleasantly surprised by how well it held up.

I have actually had C-PDs that have flipped in winds that my Champ Thunderbird has laughed at. I actually through the Thunderbird expecting it to flip, and being pleasantly surprised by how well it held up.

Remember who molds Discmania's discs...

I threw a PD that matched what people were saying about the Glow Champ ThB.

Has anyone pointed out McBeth didn't win the last NT after he switched to the Thunderbird? I mean he didn't even finish top 3...

Sidewinder is clearly a genius

Has anyone pointed out McBeth didn't win the last NT after he switched to the Thunderbird? I mean he didn't even finish top 3...

Sidewinder is clearly a genius

whats the reference from?

and what did pauly mcB drop to put the thb in his bag?

whats the reference from?

and what did pauly mcB drop to put the thb in his bag?

It's from the Worlds thread where SW was arguing that every pro who switched companies dropped in performance.

If he dropped anything, it was probably the PD.

any new disc can throw off any player. I'd say give it some more time and we can make a better judgment.

No Mcbeast is a beast he could beat us playing with pine cones.

I also think he throws the nova only on upshots because it doesn't move after landing. he doesn't putt with it he just uses it to stick the landing.

If it sticks like the star w/ soft star atlas pretty solid theory. That's my favorite feature of the atlas and why it replaced my flat top rocs for my go to mid. Still use the roc for slides, skips and occasionally for wind/ more fade shots. U don't have to throw "3 ft back and to the right" as climo teaches. Less variables (roots , sticks and pine cones)and it's easier for me to focus on the pole rather than a general little area of land.

if i remember right from watching tourney videos he barely threw his pds anyways

i dont think it jocked his game too hard by switching one disc that from what i heard flies decently similar

if i remember right from watching tourney videos he barely threw his pds anyways

i dont think it jocked his game too hard by switching one disc that from what i heard flies decently similar

He actually threw his PDs very often, and threw the thunderbird at least twice in the last round I watched of his. The PD is one of his favorite discs but the thunderbird is nearly identical in both speed and stability. I guess his reasoning might have been why not switch to promote the thunderbird? Eh who cares, I throw discraft anyway (avengers!!).

Well, the only time I remember seeing him throw the Thunderbird he took a birdie, so it must not be affecting his game too drastically.

I got a couple of Champion Thunderbirds last week, I like them so far. Nice and stable but easily workable. I wish I could one in (regular) Star plastic so I could beat one in like I would a Teebird, though.

I really think it reminds me of a Banshee, although faster and with more glide. Similar stability though.

I have thrown my gstar thunderbird for a couple of rounds. Goes about 300 for me, 15 feet farther then my gstar teebird, but fades a lot more. Similar to a champ teebird but not as much as an avenger or pd.

The fade may decrease once this disc breaks in a little more, I have already removed the flashing.

I may keep it in the bag or I may take it out. Is 15 feet worth learning and keeping stock of another mold?

I throw a Asia Open ThB, and I love it. The flight is easy to like, laser straight with a heavy fade. Similar flight as some of my PDs, except the ThB is slightly shorter. I think it's due to the PD fading forward, where the ThB just dumps. I throw all kinds of PDs. I would say the ThB is closest to a fresh SPD, but with a bit more fade. BUT, in the wind, forget about it, the ThB can handle a headwind, no problem. I haven't thrown a G* though. I really like the plastic, and I'll probably get a G* ThB for the winter, but I am extremely happy throwing the Asia Open Champ.

I have thrown my gstar thunderbird for a couple of rounds. Goes about 300 for me, 15 feet farther then my gstar teebird, but fades a lot more. Similar to a champ teebird but not as much as an avenger or pd.

The fade may decrease once this disc breaks in a little more, I have already removed the flashing.

I may keep it in the bag or I may take it out. Is 15 feet worth learning and keeping stock of another mold?

not to me.

Latest posts