• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TourTowel

Because you can buy 64 microfiber towels at Costco for almost the same price.

Oops, just looked it up, it's not 64. It's 72!

Ok.well I guess u should sell all ur premium plastic putters. And by some cheap ones in bulk at walmart.

Since its cheaper.

I don't play in the rain but if I did I would do what I do for ball golf. Get an umbrella and loop the towel underneath the structure to keep it dry.

Ok.well I guess u should sell all ur premium plastic putters. And by some cheap ones in bulk at walmart.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

The Costco microfiber towels are very durable, and high quality. Just like my Ions. :thmbup:

I didn't say they didn't use towels per se. I said they don't buy the bulk towels from costco. And they definitely dont putt with Ions.

We clear now?

The important lesson in all this is don't take stuff so literal on the internet.

And don't putt with ions.

this fool aint got no connections

The important lesson in all this is don't take stuff so literal on the internet.

And don't putt with ions.

Dunno, I love my Ion's... but I don't know what disk golf is either... So what would I know about a towel... Except, have a dry one at all times.

Oh yeah, and one that I won't shed a tear over when I lose it or it gets to much goose crap on it that it becomes un-washable and I have to throw it away(Sorry, local course issue). I'm annoyed enough when I lose a $15 disc, what do you think would happen if I lost a $30 towel.

Like I said earlier, I dig the idea, don't dig the price. I don't care who is using it. Hey, if Bic gave me tons of free permanent markers I would stop carrying a Sharpie (no offense to Bic permanent marker users I just love Sharpie, please don't turn this into a marker thread:D)

Why wouldn't any pro endorse a bunch of sweet free $30 towels? They look awesome, and I would totally use a cheaper one, like one I got in a players pack or something. let's be honest for a second, If Kleenex sponsored a a top pro, you would see a tool-shed worth of idiots out there with a bag full of those little pocket pouches drying off their plastic one tissue at a time.
I'm just not willing to climb $30 deep into this particular tool-shed.

Unless you are a pro, Im not surprised you love your Ions. many Int and below players love their Ions.

I dont think this is overpriced at all for what u are getting. anyone who has a Grip bag or a Golf Mahal or a Contender or any bag other than a backpack from Walmart agrees with me, they just dont realize it. this towel is designed with DG in mind. that is its sole purpose, not washing cars, or drying dogs. Disc Golf.

thats why its more expensive. and a good bit more expensive. but Innova Microfibers are at least 10 bucks. and they are crap. the big towels from DD and Discraft are 10-15 bucks. and they arent even microfiber. so people, stop bitching about the price. people drop 100s of dollars on discs they think fly better. whats an extra 15 bucks for something new and innovative.

FYI, I dont have one, nor will I buy one, I dont have 30 bucks to spend on a towel. but that doesnt mean its overpriced by any stretch of the imagination. just because I cant afford it doesnt make it too expensive.

Microfiber is crap. They dont dry discs very well and they pick up every little thing possible in terms of debris. The innova chamois is the way to go. They actually soak up water and leave your disc dry. They dont pick up crap like a microfibre will. And they are only 5 bucks.

If being a "pro" means that I have to waste hundreds of dollars on expensive equipment, just so I can be cool...forget it. The irony of course is that most pros can barely afford to tour, if at all. It's the wannabes that feel they need to emulate the "pro's" equipment to play better golf. Give me my Walmart clothes, Fade Lite, and Costco towel any day of the week.

If being a "pro" means that I have to waste hundreds of dollars on expensive equipment, just so I can be cool...forget it. The irony of course is that most pros can barely afford to tour, if at all. It's the wannabes that feel they need to emulate the "pro's" equipment to play better golf. Give me my Walmart clothes, Fade Lite, and Costco towel any day of the week.

you say all that, but you putt with a more expensive, less effective putter.

do you see the contradiction in your post?

you say all that, but you putt with a more expensive, less effective putter.

do you see the contradiction in your post?

There is no contradition in my post. My putters cost 4 dollars more than KC Aviars. And actually I got a couple of my Ions on sale so they were even cheaper. The cost difference is not comprable to other equipment disparity.

As for the effectiveness of my putters, there's no point in even arguing that with you. We all have our preferences.

so you agree that people have preferences. and that quality matters. and that spending more money for something you like is acceptable.

yet you bash an innovative towel for being too expensive. I cant even call it a towel. its a disc drying system.

This towel is innovative, possibly quite useful, and (to some) cool. But, like a Grip bag, Huk clothes, and OOP discs... completely unnecessary. And yes, it's very expensive.

I'm not bashing it. Just stating the facts.