• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UB Disc Golf Backpack - The Freak

Best advice is make sure the bag is double stitched, uses top of the line zippers, and can stand up to abuse. DGCR will be very harsh and skeptical, but their reason is they have seen it all before and will not just "buy a line"

Take your time and be honest with timeframes. Don't make promises you can't keep. I can't imagine how many potential customers Grip lost due to their repeat failures to live up to promises made. Don't say October if it will be June the following year. people are patient, but get really turned off if they feel they are getting jerked around

What are important things would yall like to see in this bag?

19-21 Disc Capacity
Camelback Specific Area (Check)
All Weather Material
Super Durable
Life-Time Warranty (i'm hard on my bags and if something rips or tears i'd like to be able to get it patched up rather than buy a new one)
Drink Holders (just so i have an option of gatorade and other things)
Lightweight
Comfortable and Balanced Straps!!!
Dividers
Compartments in the Top Area
(rather than just an open hole to shove everything in.)

What are important things would yall like to see in this bag?

I would like it to use space-age materials like this one. :)

Z4Aa99ixt3GeNE1Q3NtCE2rhql9cyxfyYq6nOTl6YjehlUWYYvSDBMhNvm54qqsXUVlcGkvbcHUQpzr4t5jdanCQT3hlH1BDIMrrHymS6nNPuL7uS1uhKlaeA3AqP8AW79actv2EV7YHEX5e3Gt_aqa553I9Pj846JmiNpi44gzBTlQ47EtbUwnnc8zP7feIjjUN_CioVIw

*18-22 disc storage
*dual drink holders (not everyone has a camelpack although I still do)
*mini holder
*large pocket with individual smaller pockets within
*a 'secret' pocket would be cool. somewhere unconventional (intentional or not, I like the small zipper pocket above the discs in the main compartment of my simian)
*d ring somewhere in a pocket for car keys
*extra thick bottom or plastic 'feet' to stand on so as to not rip/tear the bottom open if its no more durable than the rest of the bag
*stitching and zippers are important
*all discs visible to the outside have a rainfly/cover to them
*sexy lady to make me a sammich

*18-22 disc storage
*dual drink holders (not everyone has a camelpack although I still do)
*mini holder
*large pocket with individual smaller pockets within
*a 'secret' pocket would be cool. somewhere unconventional (intentional or not, I like the small zipper pocket above the discs in the main compartment of my simian)
*d ring somewhere in a pocket for car keys
*extra thick bottom or plastic 'feet' to stand on so as to not rip/tear the bottom open if its no more durable than the rest of the bag
*stitching and zippers are important
*all discs visible to the outside have a rainfly/cover to them
*sexy lady to make me a sammich

this sums it all up pretty well, i would like the option to put my own straps on too

it's a good looking bag and i really love the idea of the waterproof pocket. you're onto something here.

i look forward to hearing about the quality of the bag from actual users.

I like the shirt designs.. I will refrain from using some of my older designs(that I never printed) as some are close to the theme of your company!! I scrapped 2 designs for tombstone disc golf as well :)

Keep up the good work. Good luck on the bag.. It looks money!!

-Scott Lewis
Hyzer Flip Disc Golf

I dig the walking stick/disc retriever - I've often wished that I had one of mine with me... especially during snowy winter rounds.

Is there anything special about it that makes it a disc retriever, or is it just a walking stick that can be used to retrieve discs?

The walking stick would be pimp if it had a 1 meter and 2 meter measureing system when partially and fully extended like the whirld sports scepter.

yes UB has been in the making for close to a year now, i sponser the 2009 19 and under junior world champion Nageeb LaBorde, 2011 tied for second place adv men division Cameron Colglazier, and 17 year old Omar Williams who one the first annual UB Disc Golf Freak Out tourny

I watched Cameron tear up the finals. If it was a final 18 instead of 9, we may have had a different champ!

I got a Swiss Gear tent from walmart for $20. It's only pole is also a telescoping walking stick with inches and feet measured on it. It also has a bracket for attaching a camera. I think you can probably get the walking stick by itself for less than $10. It also came with several different feet for various terrain and usages.

You mentioned a stool on the first post, I haven't seen any talk about that yet. Is it going to be attached to the bag or is this just a camp time type stool that comes along with the purchase...also I if you had a loop system on one side of the bag to hold an umbrella (both when opened and closed) that would be awesome.