• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I don't like more than 2 discs in each vertical slot because they're a pain to remove then, and the inside storage sucks to get at.
But, 3 drivers in a side pocket works very well. I was worried about overstretching, but so far it seems to be a non-issue.

Lately I've carried:
Vertical: 2 putting putters top, zone and proxy middle, DX roc and eagle bottom.
Left side: roc and stingray bottom, PD/firebird/wraith top
Right side: Teebird/Leo3 bottom, 3 valks top

It's worked quite well.

Edit: Try moving mid pairs to outside pockets and vertical storage will likely seem slimmer.

Just played 27 at my local short course. Definitely needs some rearranging even though I only really used 4 discs the whole time. I'll try mids outside for sure.

Email sent quite a while asp and pm sent,waiting on replies.

Email sent quite a while asp and pm sent,waiting on replies.

Juggling Discraft Ultimate, Discraft Disc Golf, and Upper Park is proving to be quite a task. Ping me again if I still haven't replied. I'm trying to stay on top of everything.

Also the Pinch bags are now September. I just can't get over this heather grey 😍

You know the thought occurred to me recently how cool it would be if the pinch had an optional/removable "pocket protector" type insert for the upper pocket in the main compartment. I've never used this pocket for disc storage, and on it's own it's not exactly conducive for retrieving different small items during a round. Thought it would be killer to have a wedge shaped, rigid insert you could place in there that contained compartments for a pencil, score card, and other items......Being removable you could take it out if you wanted more disc storage or just the big ol' pocket that it is. I'd consider that a $5-$10 feature if available for future versions.

Cool idea but they would need to be priced higher in able to turn any profit on them. I'm guessing cost may be what you're suggesting for retail

Has anyone put a water bladder in the side pocket of the rebel? Debating on getting a rebel or a Carlton. Love the design of the Carlton but may not be able to do the price tag. The rebel looks exactly what I'm looking for as long as the balance is decent with a water bladder in with the discs

Has anyone put a water bladder in the side pocket of the rebel? Debating on getting a rebel or a Carlton. Love the design of the Carlton but may not be able to do the price tag. The rebel looks exactly what I'm looking for as long as the balance is decent with a water bladder in with the discs

I've carried a 2L water bladder in mine. Although I don't fill it all the way full, but nearly. It fits fine and I just run the hose up through the top handle, then down one strap. I works well and I like it for multiple round days. It definitely adds weight, but the bag still carries very well. Hope that helps

After getting hold of Upper park they did an amazing job of resolving my issues . I'd recommend their company for both quality and warranty repair without question.

I've got a list of changes for the Rebel that I've been wanting to make for the last 2 years. Between prototyping and cash flow, we're looking towards the end of the season for the v5. If I can get it all done, it'll be worth the wait. :thmbup:

I am considering moving to my first backpack. The Rebel is one I am considering so this got my attention.

Any updates?

I've carried a 2L water bladder in mine. Although I don't fill it all the way full, but nearly. It fits fine and I just run the hose up through the top handle, then down one strap. I works well and I like it for multiple round days. It definitely adds weight, but the bag still carries very well. Hope that helps

Even with a regular Water pack for endurance sports you are not supposed to fill it all the way full, but nearly like to the last line that says the max capacity of the bladder.

Even with a regular Water pack for endurance sports you are not supposed to fill it all the way full, but nearly like to the last line that says the max capacity of the bladder.

My cousin carriers a 1.5L bladder and only fills it 3/4 full. He used to carry a 2L during the 2005 season but prefers a lighter bag. My uncle uses an old army canteen.

I'm really thinking about pulling the trigger on the Pinch v2...love the minimalist look of it.

Pulled the trigger...is the Two Tone Heather Black the solid black bag?

two tone heather black would be the light grey bag with the black accents, I assume.

Heather commonly being the light grey with a "textured" look. The photos that most closely resemble the thumbnail image on the store front is what you are looking at.

two tone heather black would be the light grey bag with the black accents, I assume.

Heather commonly being the light grey with a "textured" look. The photos that most closely resemble the thumbnail image on the store front is what you are looking at.

Heather is not a color, but interwoven colors/shades of colors that produce a muted color. Heather gray, for example, is a mix of grays. Heather green would be a mix of greens to produce a muted green (with that "textured" look.) Heather blue would be a mix of blues.

Heather black, I would assume, is some mix of black with a dark gray. If something were labeled "heather black" then it should not be light gray.

Also, the drop down for colors on the website lists both a heather gray and a heather black. I would assume the choice is between the lighter gray and the black, with both being labeled as "heather" colors.

We're just assuming, of course. If the color is a big deal then hearing from Upper Park would be best.

I wanted it to be more of a two tone black with the Heather but realistically, it looks mostly black. I would say it's not as solid black as the v1 but it in no way is as heathered as the grey.

I'm pumped for them to get here. Between the wider opening and extending the metal stay to the bottom of the back panel, it's even more so become my go-to bag. I even added a little loop on the left side to tuck the end of your long towel in so it doesn't drag on the ground. I can't remember who offered that suggestion in their feedback at the beginning of the year, but your feedback was heard!

I wanted it to be more of a two tone black with the Heather but realistically, it looks mostly black. I would say it's not as solid black as the v1 but it in no way is as heathered as the grey.

I'm pumped for them to get here. Between the wider opening and extending the metal stay to the bottom of the back panel, it's even more so become my go-to bag. I even added a little loop on the left side to tuck the end of your long towel in so it doesn't drag on the ground. I can't remember who offered that suggestion in their feedback at the beginning of the year, but your feedback was heard!

Is it possible to get a refresh code from my Pinch v1 for the v2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk