• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
be weary if you plan on using the microwave trick on one of your vibrams.. i don'y know if its the cold weather but i microwaved it for a minute or so and started smelling something burning and noticed my ridge was bubbling.. you can see the brown spots, a bubble that burst, as well and one the sunk.. after it cooled i noticed it warped upward..

6313611054_bc8051e58f_b.jpg

6313090793_4d3c847ceb_b.jpg

6313091181_f5c537cacb_b.jpg

6313091587_2c49ab016a_b.jpg

:(

Last edited:
i guess that's what i get for trying out wizards and ions.. my favorite ridge decided to kill itself

Yeah, don't EVER microwave plastic or rubber, the fumes it will probably release are not good for you to say the least.

be weary if you plan on using the microwave trick on one of your vibrams.. i don'y know if its the cold weather but i microwaved it for a minute or so and started smelling something burning and noticed my ridge was bubbling.. you can see the brown spots, a bubble that burst, as well and one the sunk.. after it cooled i noticed it warped upward..

6313611054_bc8051e58f_b.jpg

6313090793_4d3c847ceb_b.jpg

6313091181_f5c537cacb_b.jpg

6313091587_2c49ab016a_b.jpg

Not saying you did anything wrong, but did you remember to put the disc in the microwave upside down and place water in the disc up to the rim? I have only done this twice but neither time I had problems with them.

Long range driver all day please! I agree that a LR driver would complete my Vibram quiver. Thanks for the great discs!

]

you did it wrong boss. no more than 30 seconds with the disc facing upwards
Is putting plastic or rubber in a microwave really considered a "Trick"
it works well too
Not saying you did anything wrong, but did you remember to put the disc in the microwave upside down and place water in the disc up to the rim? I have only done this twice but neither time I had problems with them.
you are doing it wrong

The way I was shown at Steve's demonstration at GGGT a while back and have done it twice myself is to place the disc plate down so the rim forms a bowl. In there you place water in it and microwave it for 2-3 minutes. Then you let the water to sit for 20 minutes before you dump it out. The one time it seemingly worked for my Firm Ascent. The other time was on my Ridge, but it did not seem to do anything, although I was only trying to see if I could get the sunken in top to pop back out.

Thanks for all the input, we are impressing the folks here at Vibram with our passion and willingness to give our thoughts. I suspect I will continue to utilize you all to help guide my thoughts on future development. (plus all the cool stuff we've got planned)

Regarding the microwave trick, I no longer use water in the disc and I think that xJFK may have had a disc with a "pre-existing condition". I've asked him to send it to me so we can have the chemists look at it and figure out what may have caused its untimely death. Also, the microwave will fix warps, but it will not fix sunken tops.

Sunset on the Beach

Steve,
Please ask the team to make more discs like this.

attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts