• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the input, we are impressing the folks here at Vibram with our passion and willingness to give our thoughts. I suspect I will continue to utilize you all to help guide my thoughts on future development. (plus all the cool stuff we've got planned)

Regarding the microwave trick, I no longer use water in the disc and I think that xJFK may have had a disc with a "pre-existing condition". I've asked him to send it to me so we can have the chemists look at it and figure out what may have caused its untimely death. Also, the microwave will fix warps, but it will not fix sunken tops.

I have fixed my sunken top (albet temporarily) with the microwave trick and placing weight on it upside down

Did you make all available molds in x link soft?

I think its going to be awesome having everything in x link soft once the temps drop below 20-30.

Can you not make discs that are grass green with yellow streaks, my Ascent gets lost for 5 minutes everytime I throw it :p
I am thinking about giving up my long love affair with super overstable putters to adopt the Sole. That disc just feels right in my hands in every way. I like the shape, the texture, everything.

This is currently on hold and my gut is telling me it will not be coming back.

Dude !

disappointing_bongo-1.jpg

:(

Are all X-link soft discs as flexible as the disc in this video? Where you can easily fold it twice into a quarter circle in freezing weather. I just received a Ridge in trade from the marketplace that the other person claimed was X-link soft. But it seems to be identical to my medium Vibram discs. And it is not nearly as flexible as the disc in the video. Are regular run softs not that different from mediums, or was the disc I got disc just mis-decribed somewhere along the line? The M or S on the bottom is no longer there to see what it was originally labeled as.

Are all X-link soft discs as flexible as the disc in this video? Where you can easily fold it twice into a quarter circle in freezing weather. I just received a Ridge in trade from the marketplace that the other person claimed was X-link soft. But it seems to be identical to my medium Vibram discs. And it is not nearly as flexible as the disc in the video. Are regular run softs not that different from mediums, or was the disc I got disc just mis-decribed somewhere along the line? The M or S on the bottom is no longer there to see what it was originally labeled as.

Sounds like it is X-Link Regular/M.

Although, I believe that the newer run of X-Link soft won't be as soft/bendable. At least that is my understanding.

Still digging my Summits for putting. If you have little fingers and like low profile putters, check these out.

^^Started with a Ridge for putting then switched to my Summit. I don't have little hands, but it being understable works better with my putting style as I get further away from the basket.

I think the Summit is a highly under-rated thrower. I love changing speeds and angles with mine. Its a short range hyzer flip miracle worker.

The new stuff will roll up pretty easily. Sounds like there was some confusion and you got an X-Link Medium.

I think the Summit is a highly under-rated thrower. I love changing speeds and angles with mine. Its a short range hyzer flip miracle worker.

I love using it for these 100' tight shots too. Just pop it up with little to no effort and watch it sail straight. I've never hit so many 80-120' shots as I do with my Summit runs.

I want to throw some love out for the Ibex. Awesomely straight, best at shooting gaps at full power, and no fear of the wind. I still use other mids for approaching and shaping lines, but when I need to gun something down, the Ibex has been wonderful. It also has taken away some shots I might have considered powering down a fairway driver on.

Status
Not open for further replies.