• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a black 1st run Summit w/o the flight numbers (score!). Did these come in all the flex options? Mine feels pretty stiff. Just curious.

I went out the other day for a quick lunch round by myself and dug out my old ascent. When I went back to work, I told my office mate that I found a new love for that disc and she was staying in my bag. That evening we went to play 18 and I scored my first ace with the ascent.

I went out the other day for a quick lunch round by myself and dug out my old ascent. When I went back to work, I told my office mate that I found a new love for that disc and she was staying in my bag. That evening we went to play 18 and I scored my first ace with the ascent.

Nice.

With the winter approaching I am switching to an all-Vibram bag. I get good results with Vibrams year-round but I already have an established bag in which the Ibex is the only one to actually crack it.

I love the black-eyed Trak but while trying to figure out exactly what the regular Trak can do and throwing it side by side with my Medium Ascent, I pushed the Ascent out to nearly 380 feet dead straight. I am hoping this can be a repeatable throw.

I just got a black 1st run Summit w/o the flight numbers (score!). Did these come in all the flex options? Mine feels pretty stiff. Just curious.
no, just the regular rubber
Has anyone found any of the new xlink soft runs for sale yet? Chomping at the bit to place my order.
have you tried the pinnacle retailers?

If memory serves me correctly, the first run Summits were in Firm. All other discs have been first released in X-Link.

Has anyone found any of the new xlink soft runs for sale yet? Chomping at the bit to place my order.

I was about a foot right for my first Ibex ace last weekend. Well done with the Ascent. If you've got the power, that disc is crazy consistent.

so are there ascents, treks, soles, and ibexes in x-link soft? Or just the original trio?

A soft Ibex would be the best thing ever.

My first run Summit has a weird texture to it. It's not slick or greasy per se but it's feels like a bald tire with rubber dust on it (not to imply there is dust on it). I washed it in dish soap and it got super grippy but as soon as it dried off it was back to the same. Should I try the borax that people mentioned earlier, I guess? I don't foresee it getting grippier with rounds quickly since I've played a few and don't notice it getting better.

I have a few tester summits and mine are a little slick compared to the regular run summits.

I did stand them (test summits) up next to the regular run summits and the tester run summits are a little larger diameter. Did the regular summits get changed a bunch, or is this slight difference happen by chance?

I think these xlink soft discs are going to be awesome in winter conditions. I'm not that excited to play in freezing cold weather, but I'm excited to throw the softs!

I do believe the red tester summits were larger in diameter. I know all of mine are. And the testers are much more slick than anything they make now. Love me some Summits!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.