• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Dana,
I just happened to wonder. What is in your bag? Mind giving us a rundown or a glance? The reason I ask is because I like seeing what players from smaller companies fill their bag with. Like when Nikko was with Gateway, his bag ended up being a whole lot of Innova anyway.

Hey Dana,
I just happened to wonder. What is in your bag? Mind giving us a rundown or a glance? The reason I ask is because I like seeing what players from smaller companies fill their bag with. Like when Nikko was with Gateway, his bag ended up being a whole lot of Innova anyway.

I want to hear the answer to this as well.

I have seen Mitch Sonderfan's Bag, he has a little bit of everything, but a lot of Latitude 64 stuff then just a few things here and there from Discraft, Gateway and I think Innova as well.

Hey Dana,
Dana is in KC now and can clarify if he reads this later but just finalized an IL course design with Dana on 5/22 and watched him test throw a hole. I think he is basically all Vibram for putting and mids. Used to have a Buzzz SS in his bag but not sure if he still does. I think I heard him say the Ascent was the only Vibram mold he did not have in his bag. Non-Vibram discs were for his big bombers and I saw star Destroyers, beat proto champ Boss, CE Eagle, and a few other Innova long rangers.

Vibram-
2 Super F Ridge for putting only
2 F Ridge, one beat to heck proto and 1 granite
1 M Summit
1 M VP
1 F Ibex
1 F "modified Ibex" aka Obex
1 F Ascent. Just lost my favorite one at the KCWO so I need to bust a new one out.
1 M or F Trak. I rotate a few in and out.

Non-
CE Eagle X
11x FB
Star Destroyers- FR Star, SDS, Echo
FR Boss
Star Roadrunner for rolling

**I also sometimes carry a beat to heck CE Leopard (super wooded courses) and a C-PD2 (super windy days).

I look forward to the day that I don't have any non-Vibrams in the bag.

Check out www.dg4pm.com for a chance to win a proto high speed driver!

Loving my Ibex I received at the Birdie Bash. That disc has become a bit of a game changer for me. I can get it to hold most lines and can really attack a few holes in my local area I wasn't able to before.

Loving my Ibex I received at the Birdie Bash. That disc has become a bit of a game changer for me. I can get it to hold most lines and can really attack a few holes in my local area I wasn't able to before.

Once it wears in a bit, it's a really nice flier. The Ibex is quickly taking the place of my Buzzz for most approach shots. I'm really looking forward to pairing it with an Obex.

Vibram-
2 Super F Ridge for putting only
2 F Ridge, one beat to heck proto and 1 granite
1 M Summit
1 M VP
1 F Ibex
1 F "modified Ibex" aka Obex
1 F Ascent. Just lost my favorite one at the KCWO so I need to bust a new one out.
1 M or F Trak. I rotate a few in and out.

Non-
CE Eagle X
11x FB
Star Destroyers- FR Star, SDS, Echo
FR Boss
Star Roadrunner for rolling

**I also sometimes carry a beat to heck CE Leopard (super wooded courses) and a C-PD2 (super windy days).

Check out www.dg4pm.com for a chance to win a proto high speed driver!

THANKS! It is interesting to see how simple some players bags can be. And how complex others can be. I look forward to it too. I'll be excited to see what the newer companies can do in the market. Especially with Vibram and MVP bringing new materials and process to the game.

I am really excited to receive my Obexes. My Ibex has become more thrown for me than my Buzzz due to its great feel on approaches and great glide. I really hope that the Obex pushes the Wasp out of my bag, as the Wasp just doesn't feel all that great in my hand and isn't as consistent as I would like.

Kutz- The Wasp never was comfortable in my hand either, I think you will like the feel (and flight) of the Obex.

CFAIR- Forgot to mention that I sometimes carry a Wraith. Don't currently have one cause I lost my thrower..

That's good to hear! I am always stoked whenever I've got new Vibram discs on the way. I think it is what my bag has been missing

It will be a glorious day when this hapens but at the current rate of new discs from Vibram it is a long ways away for me. At the same time I really appreciate the time Vibram takes to test their discs and make sure they have exactly what they want before they release it. Any chance with all the testers they seemt o add with the Bridie events that they process will speed up for new discs from Vibram?

I'm getting one of the grey/stone speckle colored Ibex's dyed by Jeff Ash/Brainwave right now! Pumped to see how it turns out.

Any Vibram testers in here? Will you PM me the Obex review link. I can't find my letter. Please don't post it here. I don't think it's meant to be public.

Just bought myself a backup Ibex, just in case I lose mine. :) I will for sure think about looking at an Obex when they come out.

Once it wears in a bit, it's a really nice flier. The Ibex is quickly taking the place of my Buzzz for most approach shots. I'm really looking forward to pairing it with an Obex.

Any Vibram testers in here? Will you PM me the Obex review link. I can't find my letter. Please don't post it here. I don't think it's meant to be public.

Me too if you don't care. I have no idea where my letter went with the web address. Thanks!

Or Steve if you're listening........................

So in terms of disc comparison Ibex is to what disc as Obex is to what disc? My question is what disc do these discs resemble most?

When we first threw the Ibex I was amazed at how straight it would fly for me. Along those lines, it flew similarly to a Buzzz (although it had the nice X-Link feel which I prefer). After putting it in my bag and throwing it many times, I have come to think of it as much more than a straight flyer. With some speed (not a lot though) it will hold an anny throughout an entire flight, kind of like a Comet, but a Comet will actually turn whereas the Ibex seems to just go with the anny angle and let the angle define the turn. Also, I can throw it on a hyzer and it will pop up a bit but finish with a nice fade. When I am playing the Birdie Minis (basically a two disc, only count your birdies, event), the Ibex is always in my bag because I can do anything with it.

I've got two aces with the Ibex so far. One dead straight. One on a non-stop anny.

-----------------------------

Regarding the Obex, I don't throw a lot of overstable mids due to my slower arm speed, but so far the Obex can take all the power I've got and give me a consistent, reliable fade at the end of its flight. I haven't thrown a Roc since the early 90s and I suspect they've changed quite a bit since then, but my early DX Roc seemed more overstable and had less glide than the Obex. I would say it is a tad similar to an Aftershock, which was my overstable mid of choice until I went all Vibram (when the Ibex came out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts