• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got myself a Vibram ace over the weekend! Summit!

Eventually I will get me one of these. So far all my aces belong to other manufactureres. Then again, if Vibram made every disc that I would ever need that would change. Man, this is making me excited for the Obex, I have a good feeling about that being my first Vibram ace.

Got myself a Vibram ace over the weekend! Summit!

Last Tuesday at leagues, I had an Ibex throw crash dead center in the center of the chains, slide all the way through, hit the back rim of the basket, and then flip out the back to finally come to a rest right under it... I'm still kicking myself over that one!

So in terms of disc comparison Ibex is to what disc as Obex is to what disc? My question is what disc do these discs resemble most?
the obex i would say resembles a lat 64 pain or champ roc. its pretty beefy. the ibex, im not too sure about. maybe a buzzz? it kinda flies different then most mids. if i absolutely had to compare though, i would say buzzz.

So in terms of disc comparison Ibex is to what disc as Obex is to what disc? My question is what disc do these discs resemble most?

for me, it started out near a Z Hornet, but has beat in nicely to resemble more of a KC Roc type flight... a little turn with a sure, slight fade.

Any latest top secret info on the distance driver? Now that the latest flight chart has the obex listed, its time to start dreaming about the next spot in my bag to fill with rubber!!!!

The only thing that has dinged any of my Vibrams is missing a line and launching them into a construction site. The ends of metal pipes tend to try and cut the discs awfully hard :( Overall, apart from that, I have not been able to beat them up one bit.

I have an Ascent that I've thrown a couple of thousand times. It's beat to pretty straight. It took a lot of use before it changed.

Trak straight?

Closer to a well seasoned DX Teebird. It doesn't have the glide of a Trak.

It's laser, no movement at all, great on low tunnel shots straight.

It was my first Ascent and I've thrown it more than any other driver that I currently own. You can see the wear and tear.

You can absolutely see wear and tear on Vibram discs. The change in characteristics is minimal when compared to plastic counterparts. I have little nicks in severl of my discs, but usually only when I throw them directly into a rock from close distance.

I also threw my Trak over a fence the other day and watched a car drive right over the top of it. Left nice tire marks but the stability of the disc has not changed. Then again, the Trak is a little flippy for me, but very controlable and will hold most any line you put it on.

so correct me if im wrong here, but it seems to me weight dosent really affect vibram discs as it does others. i putt with a 165 med sole, and drive with it often as well. i threw a 175 med sole and the flight was the same. on drives and putts. my 165 can handle about 370ft of power without flipping and the 175 was about the same. anyone else have this experience?

I mean... the Summit is definitely less stable than a Sole... so generally, I would expect more of a change in flight based on weight for a less stable disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts