• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the guy looking for a low profile putter. I really like low profile putters but I also liked overstable putters. That was until I did some testing this past winter and found that the summit consistently beat the VP, Ridge, Sole and Ibex (yes I tried the Ibex as a putter). I didn't even want the summit to win and it still did.

For the guy looking for a low profile putter. I really like low profile putters but I also liked overstable putters. That was until I did some testing this past winter and found that the summit consistently beat the VP, Ridge, Sole and Ibex (yes I tried the Ibex as a putter). I didn't even want the summit to win and it still did.

Haha... ain't that a bitch. Seriously though, what a fantastic putter.

they make super firm putters too? thats pretty cool.

Yep, its just like stiff KC Pro , only made of rubber.
Being the stiffest, these make the best sound when they hit the chains, like a drum. Very satisfying.
Problem is there was only about 35 of each model disc pressed, one time, last year, so they are rare.

Not sure how many Stevarino is gonna do this year, but as long as I get a couple Ridges you guys can fight it out for the rest.

If you dont want to wait, there were Super Firm VP's , and Summits still available yesterday on Ebay, from last years run.

Just got a firm VP and all I can say is holy shizz is it beefy! I was thinking of looking into getting some oop pro pigs but no more. Awesomely reliable disc.

Super Firm is taking a hiatus. The material is quite tough on the machinery and is not worth the machinery toll. We'll need to think of something new and fun for the 12VO discs. Hmmmm .... any ideas?

Holy shizzle! 300 pages!

Super Firm is taking a hiatus. The material is quite tough on the machinery and is not worth the machinery toll. We'll need to think of something new and fun for the 12VO discs. Hmmmm .... any ideas?

Holy shizzle! 300 pages!

Run a series of super pebbly discs that include ALL the colors you've ever run and won't run again, like black and yellow. Bonus points if you can make it look like a mosaic rather than just being random small chunks thrown together.

Sample of something way too hard to pull off right now but just a concept:

tiger_tiles_tiger_face_mosaic_watercolor_sticker-p217247663356594932z74qp_152.jpg

Last edited:
Sample of something way too hard to pull off right now but just a concept:

tiger_tiles_tiger_face_mosaic_watercolor_sticker-p217247663356594932z74qp_152.jpg

Way way too hard with the machines they use that would just squish and blend that altogether. A nice bright white that popped would be a good stamp or dye disk though.

Way way too hard with the machines they use that would just squish and blend that altogether. A nice bright white that popped would be a good stamp or dye disk though.

I don't think you fully read what I was saying... bonus points for making it like a mosaic. Just having the pebbles of colors would have been enough for me. For a special batch of VO discs, this is plausible.

As for a bright white Vibram disc, those kind of exist. I sold one previously - it was white with the standard black speckles. Steve previously said somewhere else that pure white was the toughest color to make due to the factory itself.

Here's the closest thing I had:

7049333533_3f5dd47e53.jpg

7049333989_0f40fc2459.jpg

Holy shizzle! 300 pages!
I'm shocked there I don't see 400 calls for Fusion yet. Any chance of those being tested again?

FUSHION ! :clap::clap:
Put Vibram back at the forefront of disc technology. :thmbup:

No more Super Firm ??

You know you just doubled the value of my Ridge. :kaaa....ching: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts