• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my Lace. I'm a little guy and the grip is great for my smaller hands. Definitely the easiest Long Distance driver I've thrown. I just played a pretty 4 and 5 par course this weekend and got to let the Lace rip several times. Love it!!

Yeah, most wide rimmed drivers feel terrible in my hand, but I love the way the Lace feels in my hand. Part of that is the Xlink compound itself, but also because (and I may be crazy) the bottom feels rounded.

Yeah, most wide rimmed drivers feel terrible in my hand, but I love the way the Lace feels in my hand. Part of that is the Xlink compound itself, but also because (and I may be crazy) the bottom feels rounded.

I have found that the bottom of the rim on my Laces feels a tad rounded also which does make it easier to grip. It is definitely more comfortable than my Nukes.

I have a thread in the MP for this, but I thought I might post here. Looking to add another medium VP for putting practice in the 170-173 range. If anyone has one they would be willing to part with (Paypal or trade) please let me know. I am loving how confident I feel with this putter!

I used my giant a ton this weekend in the heavy wind out at Ozark mountain...can't wait for the overstable lace to come out.

I was out at OM this weekend too...that where I was throwing my Lace so much. Was iffy a few times into the wind, but overall I was very impressed!

Just got my 3rd and 4th lace in the mail today from community discs, as I was walking out my door to work. Cracked them open and the Firm feels amazing. I always thought the laces felt like my pro destroyers in shape, but this X-link Firm 171 bad boy feels identical in feel too. I can't wait to get out and try them tomorrow. Will post results.

I was out at OM this weekend too...that where I was throwing my Lace so much. Was iffy a few times into the wind, but overall I was very impressed!

Yeah, I mainly tossed mine when I had a tailwind just because the winds were a bit stiff for what I like to throw my lace in. Mine aren't flippy by any means but I'd imagine the wind was hitting 20 mph gusts at times.

That was my first trip out to Vichy, the course definitely lived up to the hype. I just wish I had the time to play all 3 courses.

Just got my 3rd and 4th lace in the mail today from community discs, as I was walking out my door to work. Cracked them open and the Firm feels amazing.

Just got my first firm Lace today as well (165g, 4th Lace overall). After washing with soap it feels more like plastic than the medium Lace, IMO. Won't know which texture I will prefer until after a few days of play, and won't get to throw it until tomorrow afternoon.

Favorite Lace so far is a red/white 159 medium. At Steilacoom yesterday I was getting some beautifully straight 350' drives, and that is impressive for me! Have been getting good results in the wind as well, surprising those with me that such a light disc could handle the weather.

My light blue/pink 159 medium appears to me to be less stable, so I add a touch of hyzer and it flies nicely. I loaned it to a friend who is also just starting out.

A dark blue/white 174 did not work for me. I couldn't get a good release, so not much distance or straightness (slow, flat and boring hyzer). Lost it at Lakewood (Lakewood Park, Seattle) and no phone call!

Vibram discs work great in Seattle; I don't even care anymore if I clean them before throwing. Too much mud, so tired of mud. :thmbdown:

I played a round in the wind late this afternoon. My 167g lace was still as flippy as I remember it. My 172g Lace felt amazing. It was not as flippy as I expected it to be. I am still impressed. Need to go buy more. Can't wait for the OS Lace.

Mr. Dodge, it is even more vitally important for you to produce the MOfway instantainiously. I just lost my much beloved beat Preadator trying to play in the wind today. I do not have something to replace it as I do not want to take the time to beat another Preadator into that condition as it means buying more preadators. Something that I do not want to do knowing that Vibram will make something better than a preadator in the very near future, or instantainiously as I hope.

Mr. Dodge, it is even more vitally important for you to produce the MOfway instantainiously. I just lost my much beloved beat Preadator trying to play in the wind today. I do not have something to replace it as I do not want to take the time to beat another Preadator into that condition as it means buying more preadators. Something that I do not want to do knowing that Vibram will make something better than a preadator in the very near future, or instantainiously as I hope.

I too think that a massively overstable fairway is much needed. You might want to work on spelling the word "instantaneously" though ;) :D

ok after picking up the lace and loving it instantly and running into a local player with a soft xlink sole i picked up one and it is awesome love the feel love the floppiness of the soft and it just sticks in the chains

ok after picking up the lace and loving it instantly and running into a local player with a soft xlink sole i picked up one and it is awesome love the feel love the floppiness of the soft and it just sticks in the chains

You should try throwing one with power during the summer. Definitely a weird sensation when you can feel the disc "flow" out of your hand at the hit point.

Field Testing!!!!

Got some field work in today with my new laces.

Old laces;
175g xlink medium lace flies relativily straight with a bit of left to right followed by a hard fade at the end.

166g xlink medium lace is somewhat flippy so when thrown full power needs to be put on a hyzer angle soo it will flip up then tract a little right then track back left for a smooth forward fade.

New laces;
170g xlink medium is pretty domey and actually flies stable. Follows a nice curve the whole way.

171g xlink firm flies straight as an arrow with a small fade at the end. Really liking the feel, cant wait to get it out on the course.

So, despite my initial comments about the new OS Lace, I could definitely use one in my bag. I've played in some 25+ mph days lately, and an overstable distance driver would definitely be useful. But, while I would like that for my bag, I agree... I really, really want the MOfwy and the Mobex! With those discs, I would feel like my bag is complete. I can cover most of what I need on the course right now, but stiff headwinds (which are very common in central Illinois) make me nervous.

So despite my initial misgivings, I am starting to get pumped for the OSlace!

In other news, I hit my third ace with my 169g Ascent today... Hat Trick!

I couldn't agree more with you TalbotTrojan. I am a Firebird guy but I still am very much looking forward to the Vibram version of that disc or the Pred version. And a Vibram Drone would be sick too to go along with the OSLace coming out.

MOfwy would be high on my priority list as well. As long as it wasn't ridiculously overstable and actually was something more like a beat in Pred.

Can you say Ace Magnet?

In other news, I hit my third ace with my 169g Ascent today... Hat Trick!

Three aces with one disc? Man, that disc would NEVER leave my bag! I had a firm Ascent bagged forever. Really good disc, but I moved on to MVPs lineup. Still, I chose the Ascent for the Birdie Bash I'm hosting. I love it because it's OS enough to be straight with power, but not so OS that it "hyzers out" when powered down. You can truly use the Ascent at any distance from 350 (well, not me, but a GOOD player) to 100 feet and still be dead accurate.

Switching gears, I threw my buddies Firm Lace yesterday and noticed it was quite a bit more stable than my mediums. He was getting the same result. Granted, my mediums are in the 160s so they will have a little more turn anyway, but his firm and medium are the same weight (174g) and he noticed it as well. But he did BOMB that firm Lace an easy 380 feet with just a mild headwind...throwing forehand...5 weeks out from shoulder surgery...

Laces are just distance bombs. Love 'em. OSlace will not be for me, but I can see pros and those with cannons just blowing past their personal bests with it.

Three aces with one disc? Man, that disc would NEVER leave my bag! I had a firm Ascent bagged forever. Really good disc, but I moved on to MVPs lineup. Still, I chose the Ascent for the Birdie Bash I'm hosting. I love it because it's OS enough to be straight with power, but not so OS that it "hyzers out" when powered down. You can truly use the Ascent at any distance from 350 (well, not me, but a GOOD player) to 100 feet and still be dead accurate

Trust me, that Ascent is never leaving my bag! And I agree about the Ascent, it's OS enough to be predictable and fairly forgiving, but it's not a beefy monster. It's my workhorse driver, because if I've got the room to let it fade in, it's extremely easy to range. My bag always has the 169g and a 175g, love the Ascent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts