• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Voodoo

The biggest is the performance in the wind. I found it to be kinda poopy in the wind. I loved the feel, but the wiz/kc aviars out did the voodoo every time

ferretdance03 said:
Frank_Delicious said:
The glows I have tried are not stiff like Glow wizards, they feel more like softs.
Hmmm, disappointing assessment. Where did you get your glows from?

I got a couple thrown in when I placed my order with Gateway when they originally came out.

Dave is correct about the wind issue, medium winds and above they suffer.

dgdave said:
The biggest is the performance in the wind. I found it to be kinda poopy in the wind. I loved the feel, but the wiz/kc aviars out did the voodoo every time

Boooooooooooooovoooodooooos in the wind! Unless its a tail of course :)

I switched to the voodoo a couple months ago and haven't looked back. I've forever tried to find a putter that is in between a KC Pro and DX Aviar, and this is it. I think it takes the HSS of the KC aviar and LSS of a DX aviar and blends them brilliantly.

I haven't been particularly bothered with any wind when putting with it, it handles the wind as well as most putters, sans Wizard and Rhyno, in my opinion. Driving into the wind isn't much of an issue either, since if I feel a putter would get tossed about I would pull out a midrange anyway.

Wow! So no more black aviars for Brad! :shock:

I've got two new s voodoos I'll trade you for any stiff wizards you may have lying around collecting dust.

I threw an e voodoo for a few weeks, and for several putter only rounds and then gave up on it. I like my e wizards too much for approaches/drives. They just feel better in my hand. I think the deeper voodoo caused some release issues for me and I'm not willing to put the time in to learn to drive the voodoo just for the speed increase. I liked it better for putts. It seemed to dive into the basket faster than my wizards, if that makes any sense. I straddle putt and try to have it apex a few feet before the basket then hit the chains on its way down. The voodoo would go nose down/tail up and fall down into the basket as soon as it hit any part of the chains. Middle, right, left it didn't matter where. It even stuck well in the antique, one set of chain having, shallow baskets on the top course @ oakland. I'm going to keep the one e voodoo for just that, a change of pace putter for the top @ oakland. Its not going to replace my wizards for everyday use though.

So...over the past few weeks, I've been putting with the Voodoo again. I had shelved them in favor of the wizard after trying out the proto's. I have changed my opinion now. I have to say...this thing is the shizzle. It's like putting with a my old CT Challengers...only a bit faster. I was driving with them too...found them to be very nice and straight.

dgdave said:
Then I'll take all your proto ans www big G stamp wizards off your hands.

Oh no....those babies are just right for driving. A nice slow right turn. A thing of beatuy.

And just because the Voodoo seemed good for driving...doesn't mean that I will be using them for driving. My proto wiz's will stay in the bag for driving purposes. I did however get one of the old glow wizards from a few years back, in a recent trade and that has been my primary driving putter. That things is sick accurate.

I have a wizard at home that I need to take a picture of and show you'll. This thing has to be one of the first wizards that Dave ever made. It is made of a funky doughy/gritty plastic.

BLURR said:
dgdave said:

Oh no....those babies are just right for driving. A nice slow right turn. A thing of beatuy.

And just because the Voodoo seemed good for driving...doesn't mean that I will be using them for driving. My proto wiz's will stay in the bag for driving purposes. I did however get one of the old glow wizards from a few years back, in a recent trade and that has been my primary driving putter. That things is sick accurate.

If you have some of the white (not green) glow wizards (about a 6-7 in firmness) that have the circle tooling on the back, my paypal account will be contacting you soon. I had 2 of those that I pulled out of the boxes in 2005 from the store prior to stamping, and I wish I had them back. Awesome for driving.

I've been putting with the Voodoo since they came out in Oct. My first ones were protos or first runs that I got with a Sun King stamp on them. They are like KC pro plastic. I used these for putting for a few weeks, but they were a little stiff and slick for my tastes. As soon as I felt one of the Organics, I bought 10 and I havn't looked back. Now I've been using my Organic for a few months, it is BEAUTIFUL! It feels so perfect and round in my hand. People that I let putt with it say it feels like an old beat Aviar. Flightwise it has considerable HSS and almost no LSS. Gateway's rubbery S plastic is my favorite, and as soon as I get a Voodoo in that plastic I will likely be driving with Voodoos as well. The organics are not durable enough as the plastic will chunk away on impact. Perfect feel for a putter though...

Now...hopefully they will be approved by my tournament next weekend! :?

Furthur said:
BLURR said:
dgdave said:

If you have some of the white (not green) glow wizards (about a 6-7 in firmness) that have the circle tooling on the back, my paypal account will be contacting you soon. I had 2 of those that I pulled out of the boxes in 2005 from the store prior to stamping, and I wish I had them back. Awesome for driving.

my favorite wizard is a glow with the big G stamp. It is about the same firmness and it is seriously the best plastic ever.

Furthur said:
If you have some of the white (not green) glow wizards (about a 6-7 in firmness) that have the circle tooling on the back

These would be the one's. I had two of the blanks one's as well. Man do I miss those. The one I have in the bag now has the ever so nice, "ManUnit" stamp on it. It is sweet.

Now...back to the voodoo...I should have some nice mediums coming in today. Hopefully they are glow too, but I will have to wait and see.

By bgraham | Mar 26, 2009 | Tags: Gateway Voodoo
Tech Standards Alert - Gateway Voodoo

As of 3/26/09, the new "Voodoo" putter by Gateway Disc Sports has not been approved by the PDGA for use in sanctioned events, despite the words "PDGA Approved Golf Disc" in the hotstamp. The Voodoo was recently submitted to the technical standards committee and will be tested as soon as the testing fees have been received by the office. Use of the Voodoo in PDGA competitions is prohibited until the disc has received official certification from the PDGA.

PDGA Approved Discs & Targets: http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards

Not looking good for Voodoo throwers who plan on competing in a PDGA tournament this weekend...

BLURR said:
Furthur said:
If you have some of the white (not green) glow wizards (about a 6-7 in firmness) that have the circle tooling on the back

These would be the one's. I had two of the blanks one's as well. Man do I miss those. The one I have in the bag now has the ever so nice, "ManUnit" stamp on it. It is sweet.

Gimme. Come one, I sent you those Spirits for practically nothing :).

Furthur said:
I

Now...back to the voodoo...I should have some nice mediums coming in today.

Where did you find medium Voodoos? I have been hunting for one... big fan of the SS Ice Bowl stamp one I got, but would love to get my hands on a Medium.