• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

It is 90 something and very humid out today. I can't wait to play, it is literally my favorite weather.

95 out right now, feels like 105. Humidity is only 53% but the dewpoint is a whopping 75, ouch! Good thing I'm at work or I'd be out sweating to death in this getting ready for a tourney this weekend.

Played 2.5 rounds Sunday and mowed and edged the yard in between. It was only 103 degrees though.

102°F
Feels Like: 104°
Details:
Very hot.
Past 24-hr:
Precip: 0 in
Snow: 0 in
Wind:
From SSW at 11mph
Links:

* 15-min Details
* Webcam
* Video

Breakdown:

Humidity:
28%
Dew Point:
62°
Pressure:
29.99 in Falling Pressure
Visibility:
10.0 mi
UV Index:
7 - High

This is what The Weather Channel says about today. I see 18 holes after work in my future.

try playing 3 rounds in 100 degree weather with like 100% humidity. I almost passed out from not drinkin enough

damnhot.jpg

Played last Saturday and Sunday and had two best days of the year so far according to my playing partner. Sat was mid 80s little cloudy and humid but out usually packed home course was deserted except for us and mr. Club #1 bag tag.

Sunday was high 60s, low 70 up in the mountains. I killed myself hiking but was one of those times you don't want to stop.

High
103°F

Max. Humidity: 53%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Record High: 103°F (1947)

Looks like we're gonna tie a record.

Today was just beautiful, my car said 105 degrees in the shade, and the "feels like" portion of weather.com said 122. Got out and played a round.. I could wring out my shorts!

try playing 3 rounds in 100 degree weather with like 100% humidity. I almost passed out from not drinkin enough

There is no way that you can have 100% humidity. I don't understand why people think that humidity can be 100% in the summer when the temperature is 100 degrees. An extreme amount of humidity is around 50% when the temperature reaches 100. The only times you will see the humidity reach 100% is during a rainy fall or spring day, or just about any day during the winter, and maybe a cool summer night when it rains.

Maybe I just expect people to know this. I studied weather for a while in grade school.

High
103°F

Max. Humidity: 53%
UV Index: 10 Very High
Record High: 103°F (1947)

Looks like we're gonna tie a record.

Today was just beautiful, my car said 105 degrees in the shade, and the "feels like" portion of weather.com said 122. Got out and played a round.. I could wring out my shorts!

feels like 122, i would play a glow round

There is no way that you can have 100% humidity. I don't understand why people think that humidity can be 100% in the summer when the temperature is 100 degrees. An extreme amount of humidity is around 50% when the temperature reaches 100. The only times you will see the humidity reach 100% is during a rainy fall or spring day, or just about any day during the winter, and maybe a cool summer night when it rains.

Maybe I just expect people to know this. I studied weather for a while in grade school.

Grade school huh? Ok, I trust you.

I just know this... It's too flippin hot to play in the middle of the day. I try to go out early mornings or evenings and it's still very hot.

There is a tourney I want to play on Sat/Sun but the round times are at 10:30 and 3:30. Are they trying to kill me?

FINALLY!

Yesterday was the first sub-100 plus degree day in, after 18 days...
Back to over 100 again today, and at least the next five days.

FWIW: I have played DG EVERY day.