• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

What are the lows? That's when you really know its hot.

It hasn't been below 70 for 4 3 months...........even with all the rain we have been getting.

BTW we comp[lain about it being "cold" when it is 40 degrees so we have or own vaginitis too it just comes in a different season.

It was 92 degrees with an average of 67% humidity the day of my womens tournament and they were there from 9am to 7pm with only one having any issues with the heat.

40 degrees = Cold?!

That is prime discin' weather, I'd take that any day. Can't even bust a sweat with that temp.

LOL, Yeah man. I'm in the heart of Wisconsin. We hit 90 on a handful of days a summer at most. I can say I've disced many more rounds in single digits than I have in the 90's.

I was looking at the paper where they show temps around the world last week and Baghdad was 118.:eek:

40 degrees = Cold?!

That is prime discin' weather, I'd take that any day. Can't even bust a sweat with that temp.

That is what I am saying! We are wusses when it comes to cold weather although when I spent Christmas in NJ a few years back the 20 degree weather was much more manageable than I expected. I think this was due to the low humidity since when it is 40 here it feels like you were sprayed with mist before going out.

Yeah 40 in TX is no joke. Same here, when it gets into the 20s it is WAY colder feeling than up in NY....at least thats how it feels.

Yeah 40 in TX is no joke. Same here, when it gets into the 20s it is WAY colder feeling than up in NY....at least thats how it feels.

I agree and once it gets below 32 it actually helps out a little compared to when it is 35-40

When I went to Disney World at the beginning of June, it was hot as expected... low 90s most of the week. So I go to Maine that past weekend to visit my Brother in law and it's in the high 90s up there. What's up with that? It's not supposed to be hotter in Maine than Florida!

Anyway, I got in 90 holes the 4 days I was in Maine. The last 36 were in Boom Field on Tuesday in the 95+ heat. I had my floppy hat, 30x sunscreen, bug spray... and lots of water... did I say lots of water? I didn't have any trouble. I took my time and got in the shade when I could and took a break in the AC in the car between rounds. I had a blast.

Of course, I also played through 28" of snow this past January so I'm apparently a glutton for punishment!

When I went to Disney World at the beginning of June, it was hot as expected... low 90s most of the week. So I go to Maine that past weekend to visit my Brother in law and it's in the high 90s up there. What's up with that? It's not supposed to be hotter in Maine than Florida!

Anyway, I got in 90 holes the 4 days I was in Maine. The last 36 were in Boom Field on Tuesday in the 95+ heat. I had my floppy hat, 30x sunscreen, bug spray... and lots of water... did I say lots of water? I didn't have any trouble. I took my time and got in the shade when I could and took a break in the AC in the car between rounds. I had a blast.

Of course, I also played through 28" of snow this past January so I'm apparently a glutton for punishment!

What?! Real men don't wear sunscreen!!! They just, uh, kinda, um get cancer and, er, well, die. :\

Nevermind. Carry on!

;)

Now that I think of it.......the last B-tier I played in Waco was over 100 degrees both days at 102-103 and that was the 1st weekend in June The last 100 degree say is usually in September and you still sweat outside until late November.

I do feel sorry for all the northerners without A/C as that can't be much fun.

i was a northerner and heat waves come every now and then, everyone complains and stays inside the AC but some deal with it.

It's just what you get used to. I have friends from MN. who couldn't stand MO. for the heat and humidity, but would walk around in shirt sleeves through the winter.

I just finished a few days working with a Cajun from south LA. He sweated like a pig, and drank enough water to keep himself peeing. He didn't complain a bit about the heat and humidity. I've been to LA in the summer. That's hot and humid compared to MO.

its fine as long as you drink water and dont play during the hottest part of the day... i go for sunrise or take advantage of the longer summer daylight hours and play just before sunset.

BrotherDave's tips for battling the heat and humidity in the South:

Tip 1: Cut off denim shorts. It is actually illegal to mow your yard w/o wearing these in NC. It's true, I swear.

Tip 2: 80's half shirt or mesh shirt. A stained, wife-beater undershirt will work in a pinch.

Tip 3: Wet a paper towel and wear it around the brim of a straw hat. That's what my Pop pop did and he was in the heat farming all the time. 'Course, he also came inside from the field periodically and did shots of cheap vodka too.

Tip 4: Set something around you on fire. You'll feel cooler in comparison.

Tip 5: If you lose your disc out of the shade, f*#@ it.

I don't care how hot it is, if I'm playing a wooded courses down here in SC, I'm wearing jeans. It's not to bad, once you get used to it. There is just to much brush that will tear the S out of your legs. That's how I played The Sarge on Sunday. It was 89 by 9am. It didn't bother me. Yes it was humid, this course is in a Swamp. Literally!

Last edited:

Latest posts