• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Warning: Do not play in the current heat wave!

from what ive seen everyone in cali thinks everyone else is jealous

AZ heat is different, plus you guys are over 90 for most of the year. Everyone knows Arizona heat doesn't count

Arizona heat doesn't feel as hot because it's so dry out there. Humidity makes extreme weather feel more extreme.

95F should be no impediment to playing disc golf as long as you bring plenty of water, wear lightweight, breathable clothing, use the sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, etc. that you need. Managing hot weather takes equipment just like managing frigid weather; it's just that hot weather gear isn't nearly as bulky.

Pushing yourself to continue through the onset of heat exhaustion is as dangerous as pushing yourself to continue through the onset of hypothermia, so make sure to listen to your body. There's no shame in taking a break in a shady spot or stopping your round until you get some fluids in you. It's not really rocket science. :)

The humidity in Atlanta today is 55%, and the temperature is in the high 80's. I'd happily take higher temperatures to get rid of some of that humidity.

If you are dehydrated kind of before starting a round then you are really asking for it. 1 way to tell is if your urine id dark yellow or really yellow at all. Ever since I started drinking 8-10 bottles a day it's always white and never yellow. Sorry for being graphic, just telling you from the perspective of a formerly dehydrated person. The only water that I used to consume would be the melted ice cubes from my big gulp. Drinking plenty of water helps your skin complexion also and no more headaches from just slight dehydration. Just look for cases of water on sale and load up. The super 1 here has cases on sale for just over 2 dollars a case every couple of months. Always eat before starting your disc golf day also.

Last edited:
Man, OP has to be feeling like a BONEHEAD for posting this "warning". Bro I live in Ohio. until this week, we were in the 70s and now its mid-upper 90s. Yeah sure, its warm, but I aint dumb. I bring 4-10 bottle of water with me to the course in a cooler and wear sunblock, I stay in the shade and even take a dip in the creek/pond that plays the course.

but hey guys, don't go outside. the sun will come down from the sky and kill you like in world 2 of super mario.

pffft dumbass. :doh:

from what ive seen everyone in cali thinks everyone else is jealous

because when they think california, they think of LA or Santa Cruz or somewhere it's always nice. When I was living in Arcata everyone told me "wow you live in Cali, must be nice out there all the time" to which my response was "yeah sure, its 70 at it's peak of summer and always 50 or below at nite"

But I wish I were back there for sure.

We in the northeast (and other places) may be jealous of CA's weather but the shoe's on the other foot (when I go out there - as I do quite often)when I mention that "out east" we have maybe 1 other group of players on the course (like hole 14 or so) when we show up and thus are able to "get right off"...while they're in the queue two 4-somes deep and will spend 4 hours for a causal round while we'll buzz through in 1.5 (due to the plethora of courses compared to the dirth of players).

Karl

Wow, look at all the macho men here.

256589823IoLiHG_ph.jpg

Playing in this weather when your body isn't acclimated to it isn't fun. If it isn't fun, it isn't worth it.

Current conditions in Baltimore, MD:
Temp: 99.6
Humidity: 43%
Heat Index: 111

I didn't have power until 4am last night and as such haven't slept much at all. I'm a little grumpy.

Surely there are folks up there WORKING 8-hour days outdoors through the heatwave. Or running or playing baseball or whatever. I think you can safely play disc golf. Just be smart....be careful....hydrate.

Both yesterday and today, In DC, I've worked 12 hour days in the 103 degree heat installing the new scoreboards at FedEx Field (Redskins stadium). David is right on. Be smart about it and you'll be fine.

What do the redskins need a scoreboard for?

to keep track of how bad they are losing.

the scoreboard JRawk is working on has him infront of a reflective black wall so I am sure it feels hotter than 103.
He was 229lbs on Monday, now he is 182 :)

Yeah, I kind of grew up in NC w/o heating and a/c for 14 years. I'm fairly acclimated. Just chug water and stay out of the sun for extended periods of time.

Pansies........

Whenever it gets in the Mid 90's people up north start freaking out!

Are you kidding me? This is the first time all year it's been in the 90's in the PNW all summer, it's going to take heat stroke or dehydration to stop me from playing.

Pansies........

Whenever it gets in the Mid 90's people up north start freaking out!

It's 103 here in DC (without the heat index) We would welcome mid 90's.
100 doesn;t stop me from playing, but I do take it seriously. TONS of agua!

I've found myself getting up rather early for rounds. I mean, don't get me wrong; it's warm even at 6-7am in this heatwave, but immensely better than playing at say...noon.

Latest posts